©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dog tired after a workout

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
So every single time I lift w in an hour or so I feel like I could go back to bed for a few hours.

I lift in the am out of Necessity. I get about 7 hours of sleep a night but even lifting on the weekend when I get 8-9 hours of sleep I feel the same.

I typically have a intra workout drink and then a post meal when I’m done lifting.

Bg stays around 100 - 130 during that time frame. I figured it was always from the spike in insulin.

Anyone else get this way?

On the weekend I will take a nap for 30 min to an hour. If I don’t I will feel like I’m dragging ass the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
So every single time I lift w in an hour or so I feel like I could go back to bed for a few hours.

I lift in the am out of Necessity. I get about 7 hours of sleep a night but even lifting on the weekend when I get 8-9 hours of sleep I feel the same.

I typically have a intra workout drink and then a post meal when I’m done lifting.

Bg stays around 100 - 130 during that time frame. I figured it was always from the spike in insulin.

Anyone else get this way?

On the weekend I will take a nap for 30 min to an hour. If I don’t I will feel like I’m dragging ass the rest of the day.

If you train like an animal, yeah that's pretty common.

When I work second shift I usually wake up, train then take a nap before work because my training is usually pretty intense.

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
If you train like an animal, yeah that's pretty common.

When I work second shift I usually wake up, train then take a nap before work because my training is usually pretty intense.

I do always go all out. Occasionally have a day of just going through the paces.

I will have my intra drink, then meal after then I jump into a morning meeting and it’s all I can do to stay awake unless I’m presenting.

Once in a while I will take a break shut my office door set my phone and close my eyes for 15 min and that will get me by lol..

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
How old are you now?
What are you cycling?

I’m 45 but it’s always been that way for me. And my cycle doesn’t matter but on a nandrolone I will get less sleep through out the night.

I think it’s more about how hard I hit it and my body trying to recharge.

montego

Feb 19, 2018
I do always go all out. Occasionally have a day of just going through the paces.

I will have my intra drink, then meal after then I jump into a morning meeting and it’s all I can do to stay awake unless I’m presenting.

Once in a while I will take a break shut my office door set my phone and close my eyes for 15 min and that will get me by lol..

What's in your intra and post workout meals?

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
What's in your intra and post workout meals?

Typically peri is 15g amino energy drink

Intra is 10-15 of true nutritions Eaa’s that’s has a L-glycine blend in it.
And 1-2g glutamine alpha ketoglutarate.

Post is 75g whey protein in 16 oz of 2% milk and 1c of oatmeal w 1 table spoon of agave in about 8oz of milk.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Me - my self - I would need a faster acting carb for post drink. The oatmeal would bog my ass down big time
Just mee
I do love thay drink thow.
Ben doing it for breast for 10 years now

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
Me - my self - I would need a faster acting carb for post drink. The oatmeal would bog my ass down big time
Just mee
I do love thay drink thow.
Ben doing it for breast for 10 years now

That peach is not too bad. But I do have to dilute it down w 40oz of water. It’s just too much for me if it’s less than that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I get the same way after I train. Lately I’ve started using a second dose of preworkout about 20 minutes after I finish training. It’s usually a half scoop, but it gives me the little added boost to not feel like I’m going to fall asleep standing up for the rest of the day.

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
I get the same way after I train. Lately I’ve started using a second dose of preworkout about 20 minutes after I finish training. It’s usually a half scoop, but it gives me the little added boost to not feel like I’m going to fall asleep standing up for the rest of the day.

I’ve got to figure something out. It’s pissing me off lol.

BG

Nov 17, 2013
I think some of it could be because of stimulants. That stuff recks havok on your system

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
Try dropping the milk..

Well this morning all I had was a little milk in my espresso an hr b4 lifting.

No milk w my protein drink or oatmeal.
I was pretty hammered but not to the point of head bobbin in the morning meeting and still feel pretty awake now.

God damn it! Lol

Will see how the rest of the wk goes w out it.

I will miss it but if that’s changed the end game then it’s gone for good. And I will have to make up the fat and cals some where else.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Try dropping the milk..

I don’t see how milk could possibly have anything to do with it. Along with eggs, milk is literally one of the healthiest and most anabolic substances you can put in your body.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I don’t see how milk could possibly have anything to do with it. Along with eggs, milk is literally one of the healthiest and most anabolic substances you can put in your body.
I agree
I still say a faster carb like Now Sports Carbo Gain and some flax seed oil for a little more fat

Aton

Mar 17, 2018

If it’s not a fluke it could be that the milk is slowing down the absorption on my post meal too much.

I have used karboload intra at times through out the yr but have always had the milk as well at my post meal.

I’d still feel the same.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Once in while yes. Between my martial art training and bodybuilding not to mention 10 years in Army lol I awake between 2-4 am always . I eat breakfast then tea , nap hit gym 4-5, then home practice my other stuff shower ,work . I do take naps , I do train after work or teach but some days I’ll take nap first.every once in awhile I’ll need a do nothing short Sunday sleep all day . Sometimes when training hard and also living lol you will need extra rest - but you deserve it don’t fret . Hey if you read the pros take naps too . We make most progress while sleeping resting . Though I’ll admit at 52 times especially in winter when it’s 0 degrees outside - getting to my car is toughest part of my workout

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth

OMG I kid you not me too! For years