©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My 20 weeks to my pro debut

Anthrogeekuconn

IFBB Pro
Jan 3, 2013
New Haven, CT
This weekend went by WAYYY too fast!
My leg workout on Saturday was ok, I have a nerve issue in my lower back and it was acting up, it was causing my whole left leg to KILL! No matter, I still finished the workout fairly strong.
Sunday was chest and shoulder day. Nothing too crazy.
After I prepped my food for the week and had just a little time to relax.
Shelby took away a little more carbs this week, but my plan is pretty much staying the same this week.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lookin great Aqua !! thanks for the training vid I can show some
of the younger generation what dedications all about . Very impressive in everyway so thanks a lot .

Anthrogeekuconn

IFBB Pro
Jan 3, 2013
New Haven, CT
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Is it really the end of Thursday ALREADY?!!! Damn, this week flew by!
Honestly my training kinda sucked this week. My back was bugging me on Saturday and my shoulder was killing me on chest/shoulder day AND my elbow was giving me grief on arm day?! I feel like I'm falling apart here! I think I'm well over due for a massage.
I've also been having a difficult time processing all the negativity that I encounter every time I post a new pic on facebook. I'm usually pretty good about ignoring it all, but this time for some reason it's been getting under my skin. Maybe it's just that I really have not found my own way to process it. I think the amount of time it took me to completely transform myself may have a little to do with it too. I dunno, but I'm not gonna lie it's been eating at me. And I know what you all are going to say "fuck 'em" or "don't listen to those stupid people", and yeah I know . I love what I do, I love what I've made myself into, I'm just not yet in love with the way the rest of the world sees me. I see myself as an athlete, but the world only sees me as steroids, or a woman who has become a man. I'm not a man! And hard work, commitment to my goals, blood, sweat and tears got me here. Ok, done with rant!
Here's a little video clip from back day. These are deads we did with chains. This set was 185lbs with 6 chains, went up to 225lb with 6 chains for 10 after this. Enjoy!
And please excuse my bloat, this was the day after our cheat meal.
185lb deads with 6 chains - YouTube

Last edited:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Awesome work... Think I've watched most of your YouTube uploads and impressed with the intensity of your training

Anthrogeekuconn

IFBB Pro
Jan 3, 2013
New Haven, CT
Awesome work... Think I've watched most of your YouTube uploads and impressed with the intensity of your training

Thank you! I hate seeing competitors that put up "training" videos like this....
Karina Nascimento Weight Trains Triceps for a Hard Core Workout - YouTube

If I "trained" like that, I don't think I'd be accomplishing much!

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Is it really the end of Thursday ALREADY?!!! Damn, this week flew by!
Honestly my training kinda sucked this week. My back was bugging me on Saturday and my shoulder was killing me on chest/shoulder day AND my elbow was giving me grief on arm day?! I feel like I'm falling apart here! I think I'm well over due for a massage.
I've also been having a difficult time processing all the negativity that I encounter every time I post a new pic on facebook. I'm usually pretty good about ignoring it all, but this time for some reason it's been getting under my skin. Maybe it's just that I really have not found my own way to process it. I think the amount of time it took me to completely transform myself may have a little to do with it too. I dunno, but I'm not gonna lie it's been eating at me. And I know what you all are going to say "fuck 'em" or "don't listen to those stupid people", and yeah I know . I love what I do, I love what I've made myself into, I'm just not yet in love with the way the rest of the world sees me. I see myself as an athlete, but the world only sees me as steroids, or a woman who has become a man. I'm not a man! And hard work, commitment to my goals, blood, sweat and tears got me here. Ok, done with rant!
Here's a little video clip from back day. These are deads we did with chains. This set was 185lbs with 6 chains, went up to 225lb with 6 chains for 10 after this. Enjoy!
And please excuse my bloat, this was the day after our cheat meal.
185lb deads with 6 chains - YouTube

I wouldn't allow those people to get on your nerves. They are just jealous of you. If you allow them to get to you, then they are getting what they want.
Where I live 90 percent of the population is overweight and out of shape. I can't even go into Walmart anymore, all the fatness makes me sick.
I have even had people tell me at work that all those weights are gonna make me fat when I get older, and it is not good for my heart, etc. Even had a female tell me it is not attractive being muscled up. Fuck em all I say!!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
This might be a stupid question, but why do you need the chains?
Just to look hardcore or what? ;)

Chains provide LVRT, linear variable resistant training. As each link is lifted of floor it slowly increases resistance , totally killer to do and Anthro has her shit together as I just saw that dead video.
LVRT can be with rubber band or therapy bands also just a slight different approach to become a pro or stay home .

Flex2019

Oct 26, 2012
Chains provide LVRT, linear variable resistant training. As each link is lifted of floor it slowly increases resistance , totally killer to do and Anthro has her shit together as I just saw that dead video.
LVRT can be with rubber band or therapy bands also just a slight different approach to become a pro or stay home .

Yep, exactly. In Mountain Dog Training, we use a variety of of methods to increase resistance at the top of the rep. Sometimes we use bands, sometimes we use a "reverse band" setup, and sometimes we use chains. Let's use deadlifting with chains for an example. Let's say I was using 350lbs with 6 chains. At the bottom of the movement, the deadlift is a true 350lbs, just as in a standard deadlift. As the bar raises and the links lift up, the weight gets heavier and heavier. The weight that WAS 350lbs at the bottom, is now closer to 450lbs at the top of the rep. This type of progressive resistance allows for a lift that's easy on the joints when they are at their most vulnerable (bottom of a bench press, for instance) and allows a huge amount of resistance where the muscles are strongest and the joints are safest (top of the rep).

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yep, exactly. In Mountain Dog Training, we use a variety of of methods to increase resistance at the top of the rep. Sometimes we use bands, sometimes we use a "reverse band" setup, and sometimes we use chains. Let's use deadlifting with chains for an example. Let's say I was using 350lbs with 6 chains. At the bottom of the movement, the deadlift is a true 350lbs, just as in a standard deadlift. As the bar raises and the links lift up, the weight gets heavier and heavier. The weight that WAS 350lbs at the bottom, is now closer to 450lbs at the top of the rep. This type of progressive resistance allows for a lift that's easy on the joints when they are at their most vulnerable (bottom of a bench press, for instance) and allows a huge amount of resistance where the muscles are strongest and the joints are safest (top of the rep).

That is a great explaination. Makes a lot of sense, especially about keeping the joints safe.