©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Switching Gears

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Took a few days off after Saturday. My whole body was beat up! This is my deload week anyway for 5/3/1 so...
Trained some chest and back last night. Warmed up on some wide grip pulldowns and did 3 work sets. Something like 235x6, 205x8 and 175x10. Then 3 sets of bench press. 335x6, 295x8 and 265x8. And that's it lol. Felt good good though.

May go do some light deficit deads tomorrow, but I gotta save my lower back a little bit for saturday, going to try and get a 300+lb stone. My heaviest one at the comp is going to be 335 so I got to try and get that pretty soon, I'm four weeks out...

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Finally got some actual strong man training in on Saturday! I did some exhausting yoke walk/frame carry medleys I think with around 400lbs on each.
Then went down and did some axle clean and presses, log clean and press and finally some stones. I think I did 185 on the axle, 255 on the log, and I beasted a 285lb stone. Not too bad for my first time out.

135log - YouTube

GOPR0133 - YouTube

http://youtu.be/WIZ3NjdpTQg

First time on log?! That's great man! Once you get balanced and comfortable with it you will be at 300+ in no time!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
First time on log?! That's great man! Once you get balanced and comfortable with it you will be at 300+ in no time!

Yeah man thanks! I had never even seen a log before last weekend. I don't know about 300 just yet but that would be sick!

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
You're further ahead on log than when I started... Log is my weak event. But once you learn to handle it/balance and you can really drive under it you easily have 300. One trick I've been taught that I noticed in your video. When the log clears your head, really shoot it forward. It will really help w lock out and stability. Plus they will make you hold the rep at the top and have it under control for a good lift

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
You're further ahead on log than when I started... Log is my weak event. But once you learn to handle it/balance and you can really drive under it you easily have 300. One trick I've been taught that I noticed in your video. When the log clears your head, really shoot it forward. It will really help w lock out and stability. Plus they will make you hold the rep at the top and have it under control for a good lift

Ok ill try it out. I know I need to get my elbows out and under it more.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Well....
I meant to get on here Sunday and post some cool training vids. Was going to go for a 300+lb stone etc.

And then I blew my knee out doing axle cleans... Don't know why I was even doing them except it looked cool. We had some truck tires on the axle and I was trying it out. Whole different ballgame when the tires are on because they don't move/rotate.

Anyway, I was trying to clean 200lbs and it got sideways on me. saved it and got under it with my left leg out to the side. instead of dropping it I pushed off of my left foot and... snap. I hyper extended my knee and pushed it out laterally. I felt something like a rubberband snapping and fell down onto my right side.

Couldn't extend my leg for a couple minutes and couldn't bear any weight on it for a while. Managed to hobble into the ER a few hours later and had x rays taken which looked "good". ER doc said he didn't think it was a tear, but a sprain of my LCL. So I need to follow up with ortho and have an appointment on Thursday morning.

I'm able to bear weight a little bit, but it's really fucking tight. I can't go to full extension without pain and can't contract my leg much at all. When sitting I can get my shin about perpenicular to the floor but anymore than that and it feels too tight on the lateral part of my knee. Like something is about to let loose so I'm not pushing it...

Trained chest and back yesterday so I don't go completely useless... Gonna do some arms today.

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Really sorry to hear that! Heal up and keep training. Then come compete in KY in August with me and my lady. They have a novice class, so for first time it would be really good

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Did a heavy duty style workout Monday night.
Did a coulple warm ups on an icarian pec deck and one set to failure 160x7.
Incline hammer strength 3 plates for 8 reps
Wide hammer strength 3 plates for 9.

Lateral raises 30x11
Bent over laterals 25x21
Hammer shrugs 3plates for 11 with a 3 sec hold. Superset with wide grip upright row 135x7

Triceps pressdown superset with dips.

JETHRO TULL

AnaSCI VIP
Jan 5, 2013
You are a LOT MORE durable than I am, TriTerror!

Changing things up a bit and I'm pretty pumped about it! Starting a new log to chronicle this new journey and I'll get back to the old one when I do a bodybuilding show.

I'm going to do a strongman competition in June. It's a "gold" level event in North American Strongman(NAS). I'll be doing the novice division since it's my first time out.

The events are: max log press, keg overhead press and carry medley, atlas stones, frame carry and a last man standing 18" deadlift.

I know overhead pushing strength is very important in strongman so worked on some standing military's today. Did some warm ups/feel sets and ended up doing 225 for two reps.

Worked some bench press afterwards with some buddys at the gym and ended up getting 385 for a single, which I thought was decent considering I'd already blown by delts and tris out. Probably could have nailed a little more too.

Did some bodyweight dips for sets of 12-15 and then I knocked out two sets of 3 with 2 plates hanging between my legs.

Finished off the day with some cross body hammer curls up to 60lbs for 9, and like 4 sets of concentration curls with 40 and then 30lbs.
My shoulders would have been trashed beyond belief! I love strongman/woman events. My friend Jesse Marunde (passed away) got 2nd in one of those. I think Marious Pudzianowski was first.

Good luck and I hope the knee heals up strong.

Last edited: