©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Shooting for 242 Master's National Record

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey P thanks for vid. I see a lot of the movements from the last month of my post surgical p/t.. I am gonna take another look when i'm a little less"tired" as I was just noticing a little twinging here and there on bench day. . i thought maybe because i started getting lazy on those cuff moves and stretching. Thanks, T...................

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/19
WT 251.5

So, I am handling the warrior diet well which I call the lazy man diet. However, I am sure it's hampering my recovery some. I am also still deloading and learning. I will say one huge advantage of this type of model is the adjustments you make as you tweak your form, which I did to my dead Wed and Squat today. Little things, but they make a difference and you get a lot of practice.

Friday
Squats 330(60%)4x3
Bench 245(60%)4x3
Meadows rows 90x5,6,6,6
Hanging leg raise 12,12,12,12

Hawk still greasing the groove

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
4/23
WT 250.5 (back to where I need to be)

So, feeling pretty confident now that things are falling into place. Weight is back down and recovering nicely out of my deload. I have a better grasp on my limits (my threshold to volume appears to be pretty dang low, but that is a good thing) and technique in my lifts. I keep improving my grooves and that works well with volume training.

So deload last week and now beginning to taper back up giving me another week of some recovery. Next week I will add some more volume and the following some intensity.

Wednesday:
DL 385 (70%)5x2 (felt much better then 3 weeks ago)
Bench 287 (70%) 4x3 (was able to improve my arch)
Flys 80s x5,5,5,5
Front raise super set with side lats
2 rounds of shoulder stability

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Vintage.....

There we go, if you were a car you'd be a classic (muscle car).

My meet is June 14th.

The USPA 40-44 Masters record is 1543 for 242. I hit 1563 at my last meet at 255. So, if I can maintain I can get the record. If I can hit 1573 I will be classified as a Master of Sport (again for 40-44), just below elite.

So, I have some opportunities if I have a good day.

Hawk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Awesome i can ask the youngwomen if they like vintage c---k . Very cool i'll try it out soon. funny as hell as I never thought i'd be "the old guy"
T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
12/26
Wt 251

It was a FANTASTIC FREAKIN WEEK for me. Not in terms of setting new PRs , rather in terms of form. If you have ever figured out why you had a hitch in your swing or why your weekend toy wasn't running right then you understand what my week was like. Three lifts...three critical adjustments. I know it would seam like a guy who met Ed Coan should know what he is doing. Unfortunately, I don't train with Eddie and Psyche which means that I am the smartest Pler I have access to which is pathetic I know.

So, what were the tweaks? Hare to describe but for my own benefit I will write them down.

Squat: stopped twisting my pelvis and tightened my upper back which aloowed me to sit back more at the bottom allowing me to keep my back angle higher.

Bench: was able to get up on my traps for the first time giving me slightly ahorter stroke and more decline...better leverage.

DL: found ideal bar start position and tightened my lats...making for a smoother lift.

Anyway, I am too lazy to type out the workouts for Friday and Saturday, but this week was light and next week I will up the volume and intensity some...then the following week I will up the intensity more.

Hawk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Chicken next week end is first back yard bbq of 14.
My daughter is getting her degree on may 3rd. So i'm gonna get in practice for the summertime Meat fests ....... Glad your training is going well.
Tell mr nate I said hey... T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hey Chicken next week end is first back yard bbq of 14.
My daughter is getting her degree on may 3rd. So i'm gonna get in practice for the summertime Meat fests ....... Glad your training is going well.
Tell mr nate I said hey... T

Will do T and I am looking forward to how you guys do it up there. I may have to bring a rack or two of ribs up with me so you all can taste some Kansas City BBQ.

Hawk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Will do T and I am looking forward to how you guys do it up there. I may have to bring a rack or two of ribs up with me so you all can taste some Kansas City BBQ.

Hawk

Oh I was relieved when it read of ribs not clip. LOl
summer is gonna be gooood... T Try to get enough time
to hit Jax and atlas in keno. Both A1trength facilities .
Derek said the gym where he and lillibridges train is really bad ass.
Well shit psych you've trained out there how is it?
The other one is freally long time buds gym . Big strongman? highland games guy. I was out powerwashing all that shit in the yard today..
Ah shit holy hijack sorry.. Lol T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
4/28
WT 254 (ouch)

Ok, so it was a dreary over cast day making me want to take a nap which i seriously contemplated in my truck as I stared at the gym doors. But, instead I had a speed stack which led to a pretty good work out. One of the benefits of not taking stimulants regularly is that when you do-they work.

I ate a bit much over the weekend, but didn't go crazy. I had just enough to pull in some water and leave a bit in the intestines.

Monday
Squat 440(80%)x5x3 I decided to set up a box to check my depth and it was spot on.
Close grip 250 5,5,5,5 felt good
Pull ups 5,5,5,6
Rev crunch 12,12,10,8
Stretching

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Oh I was relieved when it read of ribs not clip. LOl
summer is gonna be gooood... T Try to get enough time
to hit Jax and atlas in keno. Both A1trength facilities .
Derek said the gym where he and lillibridges train is really bad ass.
Well shit psych you've trained out there how is it?
The other one is freally long time buds gym . Big strongman? highland games guy. I was out powerwashing all that shit in the yard today..
Ah shit holy hijack sorry.. Lol T

FUCKING HATE THAT PLACE......full of fan boys and nut swingers and you have to wait in line to use anything. It's like an amusement park.
My workouts are long as fuck any way. But you might like it. fuck it....

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
5/1
WT 250

Finally down to 250 so just a few more lbs to go...thank the Maker. As expected workouts are getting a bit tougher but that is to be expected. I think that things are progressing nicely, but sick of dieting as I know it robs me of strength and recovery.

Wednesday
Deadlift 412(70%)x5x2
Bench 330(75%)x5x3
Flys 85x4,4,4,4 (upped 5lbs)
Front raises superset with side lats 15s/25s x4

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
5/2
WT 248.2

Bought a new scale since I didn't trust my last one and dropped to 248 which is my goal, but I am going to keep going until it's consistent.

On the training front I can tell it's the end of my second week as today's (Friday's) session was tougher than Monday even though it was lighter. My chest was really fried so it appears I am hitting it with too much volume for 3xWK.

Friday
Squat 412(75%)x5x3
Bench I was going to pyramid up to 85% and then back down, but I could barely hit 285x3(70%) so I dropped to 60% and did 5x3
Meadow rows 90# 6,6,6,7
Shoulder stabilty circuit x3

Hawk