©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Total hip replacement surgery

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
true but dont go nuts. AWESOME though! patients always do better when they take charge in PT

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
true but dont go nuts. AWESOME though! patients always do better when they take charge in PT

Yeah I did however have home PT first 3 weeks after and two weeks of general PT. But back when I had my spine reconstruction in 1995 I learned that typical PT don’t suffice for us bodybuilding and athletic guys . Like the NE Baptist Hospital tops in world for orthopedic procedures made every person regardless of backgrounds do intense weights for back ie hypers, nautilus type or cyber machine and hip stuff . My doc remarked “ make your muscles along spine get big strong like your arms ( since my arms look like a god lmao ) thus I’ve always added to my routine 3 sets hypers , 3 of stiff dead’s and 3 nautilus lower back and the therapy was all to do 300% of body weight prior to graduating. Like all of us doing 2 pound dumbbells just don’t cut it we are conditioned to take more . I been lifting and marital art training 40 years so my life equals an Olympic athlete. I’ll bet many here do also . However why it’s up to each of us to learn our body . Like I do squats but I’m not doing full yet but up in weight 20 reps 225 nothing . My body used to close to 400 or leg press over 500 so 225 isn’t over board . We all are sensitive listen to our bodies . That’s bodybuilding not chemistry but yes I’ve done chemical and have mastered as well for me . But in due time . My age I’m monitoring my blood and heart too . I got my BP down 20 points to 118/65 back to my 20s . That too I used on cycle meds . Plus co q 10 , vitamin C , kynoselen , injectable C , as I get older I monitor my blood and heart . There was period that Docs dx with polycythemia Vera but I dropped certain compounds like EQ and high doses ect now Normal. While I feel AAS enhanced my recovery etc I am careful to use time off . I don’t obsess . Even my ECA / Clen/ T3 cycles I rotate give time to recover. Takes ton self discipline to do consistently as I allow my power to wane but to me the mirror and energy everything. I feel my bujutsu etc balance me there. Everything has its place . My family aren’t genetic gifted but live to over 90s so I’m wanting to live healthy not sick. So everything has a limit .

geardepot

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jun 8, 2018
I had my right hip replaced several years ago utilizing the anterior hip replacement surgery. (which sounds very similar to what you had). I have a 7" incision on the front of my right thigh where they went in and spread the muscle apart. Unbelievable recovery time. I was walking around the hospital ward that evening with a walker! Left the next day and used the walker for an additional day, then that was it. No sleeping with a pillow between my legs, etc. No physical therapy. Dr. told me if I wanted to do PT, go to Home Depot and put a bag of concrete on one of those orange carts and push it around the store! LOL Started back in the gym doing leg presses with one 45lb plate on each side at the 4 week mark. Best decision I ever made. Nice to be able to walk normal again.
GD

j4ever

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah I did however have home PT first 3 weeks after and two weeks of general PT. But back when I had my spine reconstruction in 1995 I learned that typical PT don’t suffice for us bodybuilding and athletic guys . Like the NE Baptist Hospital tops in world for orthopedic procedures made every person regardless of backgrounds do intense weights for back ie hypers, nautilus type or cyber machine and hip stuff . My doc remarked “ make your muscles along spine get big strong like your arms ( since my arms look like a god lmao ) thus I’ve always added to my routine 3 sets hypers , 3 of stiff dead’s and 3 nautilus lower back and the therapy was all to do 300% of body weight prior to graduating. Like all of us doing 2 pound dumbbells just don’t cut it we are conditioned to take more . I been lifting and marital art training 40 years so my life equals an Olympic athlete. I’ll bet many here do also . However why it’s up to each of us to learn our body . Like I do squats but I’m not doing full yet but up in weight 20 reps 225 nothing . My body used to close to 400 or leg press over 500 so 225 isn’t over board . We all are sensitive listen to our bodies . That’s bodybuilding not chemistry but yes I’ve done chemical and have mastered as well for me . But in due time . My age I’m monitoring my blood and heart too . I got my BP down 20 points to 118/65 back to my 20s . That too I used on cycle meds . Plus co q 10 , vitamin C , kynoselen , injectable C , as I get older I monitor my blood and heart . There was period that Docs dx with polycythemia Vera but I dropped certain compounds like EQ and high doses ect now Normal. While I feel AAS enhanced my recovery etc I am careful to use time off . I don’t obsess . Even my ECA / Clen/ T3 cycles I rotate give time to recover. Takes ton self discipline to do consistently as I allow my power to wane but to me the mirror and energy everything. I feel my bujutsu etc balance me there. Everything has its place . My family aren’t genetic gifted but live to over 90s so I’m wanting to live healthy not sick. So everything has a limit .

Got any updates bro?

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
Let’s see sorry all past few weeks I did my veterinarian tech internship. I’m done . Now I had to have strong hips there standing 10 hours while I’m helping do surgery on animals some good size , after euthanized dogs I had to carry 90 pound lab to freezer , wrestle alpaca and llama while they huk looey lol or hold gat down on horses during the administration of vaccines. I actually first time in decades had strained my back after getting so caught up in my hours neglecting the gym however my workouts include my erector exercises from spine surgeries in which I have to constantly do my hypers, my reverse hypers , stiff dead’s or nautilus lower back along with cable wood chops . Three times week 12-16 sets or I can’t function . Soon as I resumed my rehab I’m back to perform miracles . It’s crazy my hips are least of worries I do squats leg press again every thing back to normal . People make too much big deal on strretches for rehab when strengthening is far more imperative. I had spine surgery in 1995 been pain free since no limits . However post hip I stopped my routine . Suddenly stiffness began , I returned to my routine initially strained my erectors but now back to strong back and hips . The reverse hyper machine and rotary hip machine both have moves for my sacrum that I need to perform consistently just too function. Otherwise I go from bodybuilding martial arts to barejy able too move . However once I resume my routine I’m normal . It’s helped motivate me to get too gym . Feel great physically just need to get job since I had also been suspended with pay 2 years due too literally saving persons life from over dose on my day off . Which in my former job requires me to file report . Thus finally fired me after 30 years, however I get small pension and while suspended got my veterinarian tech certification and had hip replacement lol . I’ll survive [emoji3]

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
Also while in surgery recovery I didn’t cycle at all . I start to exercise agsin get my self body and mind used to the workout again . Get my nervous system and immune system back in the game . I’m firm believer in using herbs , nutrients and supplements. My protein of choice NOT whey nope , I use a multi - collegen supplement. In fact for years way back to the 80s the liquid amino acids that became popular where of collegen form. A good product contains all the various collegen types . See while I may train like and do things as bodybuilding does , my bodybuilding is about health . And that includes AAS I’m not one that feels I’m cheating or they in moderate doses are bad for you . Everything and anything pretty much in moderation. Mother Nature is a selfish bitch so do whatever you can to cheat her . Life is about running from her . So carry on my brothers