©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yeah its still pretty good tasting, but like mental said, its got a lot of fillers and other stuff that may be suspect in it. I probably have like 2 a year from a gas station when I'm on the road or something.

I love true nutrition but the shipping is very slow and expensive to the east coast so I don't order from them as much as I used to.

Lately I've been using Dymatize elite and ultimate muscle protein from Beverly. I really like the Beverly international stuff. It tastes really good and I know it doesn't have any bullshit in it.

I'm also on the east coast. I order A LOT at one time and it comes out cheaper. I did the math on the exact comparable blend to 20lbs of ON 100% whey and TN came out about $10 cheaper including shipping.

I also use a bunch of their other supps...so it works out.

The only other protein I've used since using TN is Beverly UMP. Whenever I go to see my family up in PA I buy it at the local fitness equipment/supplement store that got me started into training. I do love the texture and taste of UMP, shit is rich and creamy as hell.

Speaking of RTDs, you ever have those isopure RTD's? I've had them a few times and every time I drank one I was running to the bathroom within minutes. And those drinks have some funky neon colors....imagine seeing that in the toilet when you're done. Freaky. lol

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I want to get a little order in to Beverly and try out the Muscle Provider protein. It's isolate and hydrolosate. They have a pretty good sale on right now if you put "PRIVATE" in as the discount code.
No I haven't tried the isopure. I really don't use any of them all that much.

How were you able to save on shipping? Seems like the more I order the more expensive it is. One time I wanted to buy a dozen bottles of LBA's and the shipping was as over 100 bux.

I do love me some TN though. Got a cupboard full of MG's Powdered muscle, and BCAA, EAA, and Leucine powders right now. I'd love to go to them for cold filtered whey isolate, but the Dymatize is pretty good stuff too. Has digestive enzymes in it also. You can buy it on BB.com for about $44 a 5lb tub and I get it in 2-3 days.

Going to do an experiment and see if ordering to a business address is any cheaper.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
How long ago did you order? About two weeks ago I ordered a couple gallons of glycerol, 25lbs of protein and a bunch of other supps and shipping was like $30. And glycerol is heavy!

I know in the past couple of months they reduced shipping costs a lot.

Dante is looking into setting up an east coast distribution center as well, which would be clutch for us!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
It has been a while to be honest. $30 is not that bad for all that stuff. And I stand by the fact that it is the best quality you can get hands down.
I put a pretend order in last night for a couple bottles of supps, and like 10lbs of protein and it was $14, $10 to my wifes work so not too bad.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/10/2012

Back/Biceps

Switched things up a little bit. Seems the more I go along the more DC like my training becomes.
Started out with rack chins. Hadn't done these in forever but I figure if it works for guys like Hanshaw, Wojo, and Harris it can't hurt me LOL.

Warmed up with 2 set of 10 with bodyweight and 20lbs.
Did one working set of 50lbs for 18 rest paused reps.

Next did 2 hand DB rows. 3 sets.
115x6, 100x7, 80x10

Then my new back ending exercise. Rack deads with a shrug and hold at the top.
put the bar at knee height and did 135x8, 225x8, and finally 315x8. 3 second hold in the shrug position except for the last rep of each set I held for 10. Fucking BRUTAL. I'm hoping these will really bring my lower traps up.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Shit forgot to put my biceps work in there!
Reverse grip 1 arm cable curls.
3 warm up sets then one work set of 50lbs x 21 reps.

3 sets alternate DB curls with thumb under bar. 40x8, 35x9, 25x12

Bb drag curl 1 widow maker of 60x22

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/11/2012 Front Squats Are the DEVIL

legs today. Wasn't quite feeling it on the way to the gym cause I got a little bit of a head cold but I sorted it out when I got there.

Decided I'm going to alternate every other workout between back squats and front squats. Would you believe I've never done front squats? Well, once I did to feel it out and I didn't like it. I need to do something different though so here we go.

Warmed up with the bar, then 2 sets of 8 with 135.
2 work sets: 225x8 and 205x10. FUCK ME THESE HURT. Not like knee pain, but in my quads! Way more lower quad activation with these badboys.

Did my widowmaker on a different hack machine this time as I don't like the other one. This is a Magnum one where you stand up on the platform and get under the pads. Very nice machine. Did 2 plates per side for 20 reps.

Lying leg curls
Did a variation I just read about from Dante. I did 3 warm up sets pyramiding up then one rest paused set.
I did 80lbs on the machine to failure WITH TOES POINTED OUT, then 3 reps with toes toward shins(like most of us do it all the time). So I did 13 rest paused reps plus the 3 in the "power groove" three times.

Then I went back to that hack machine and faced reverse and did 2 warmup sets for calf raises and then one work set with 4 plates DC style. Up on the big toe, slow 5 second decent and then 10 seconds in the stretched position. Brutal. Did 12 reps.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/13/2012

Yesterday was a scheduled off day. Killed chest/delts and tris today. Felt like a really good workout.

Warmed up my elbows with some light(100lbs) tricep cable extensions. 3 sets of 15.

Neck press 3 sets. 245x10, 225x9, 205x10

Hammer Strength Incline Press 1 set. 2 plates per side for 15 reps.

Scott press 3 sets. 75x6, 60x9, 50x10.

Skull Crushers did a few warm ups then one set to failure with 100x12

Cybex Dip machine, 2 warm ups then 160x20

20 min. cardio on treadmill.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Good work Tri ! On front squats do you cross your arms in front or are your wrists flexible enough to bend back not crossing arms . Or did u wuss out? Lol Kidn. Also you ever try lying hammys with elbows under chest kinda propped up. I love doin those and also the bent over isolated one legged hammy machine if you got one available.. Keep up the steel brutha. Great log..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
The toes pointed when doing hamstring curls makes a huge difference. Definitely a killer.

Did you do your 20 rep cybex dips WM style? Like having to do one rep at a time taking a few breaths between once you got into the teens?

I do live the cybex dip machine and think a WM would toast your tris!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Good work Tri ! On front squats do you cross your arms in front or are your wrists flexible enough to bend back not crossing arms . Or did u wuss out? Lol Kidn. Also you ever try lying hammys with elbows under chest kinda propped up. I love doin those and also the bent over isolated one legged hammy machine if you got one available.. Keep up the steel brutha. Great log..

I gotta cross my arms man! It's not my wrists that are the problem but really my shoulders. I'm horribly inflexible up top right now.
Yeah sometimes I do kinda prop my chest up, I think Gironda called it a power curl or something?

We have a lying Hammer Strength curl machine. haven't used it yet but it looks pretty badass because like you said, each leg is independent.

The toes pointed when doing hamstring curls makes a huge difference. Definitely a killer.

Did you do your 20 rep cybex dips WM style? Like having to do one rep at a time taking a few breaths between once you got into the teens?

I do live the cybex dip machine and think a WM would toast your tris!

I meant for it to be a widow, and I was definitely toast at the end, but next time I'm going to go a little heavier because I didn't really need to pause at all like on my leg widow.

Great log bro!
Thanks!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/14/2012

Ugh, shitty day today. I have a horrible head cold/sinus infection and just feel like crap. No energy, slept like shit etc.

Forearms/Biceps/Back
Rope hammer curls 3 sets 170x12, 150x11, 140x16

Alt. DB curls with false grip.
45x7, 35x9, 30x10

BB drag curl
80lb bar for 20. True widow here. Was done at about 14 and cranked out 6 more.

Nautilus pull-over
I don't remember my reps right now... Wrote em down in my book which is in the truck. Sorry.
3 sets with 180, 160 and 140

Nautilus pull-down
210x8
190x10
170x10

I didn't have it in me to go on after this, so I pussed out and no thickness exercise today and no rack dead/shrugs. I know. I suck.

Somehow I have to work 12 hours tonight being sick, go home and sleep for 2 hours in the AM and then show up at 11 for weigh ins for the bench press competition...

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
So I won my weight class(242) and the open overall with a Wilkes score of 108.xx
I opened up with 345 no problem and decided I would beat my last PR of 265 with 270. So I did 270 on my second round and the dude running it asks me what I want to do last? I'm like shoot I don't know. He says go crazy do something wild. SO I said fuck it, put me down for 405.

Crushed it. Benching 405 was a goal of mine by the end of the year too so it feels really good to have accomplished it.