©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Website about Religion/heaven

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I ran across this website a while back, and found it again. pretty interesting if your a religious person, and also if your not. talks about heaven and bible verses, and good stuff.

www.caniknow.com

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Hey Tejas, feeling a little guilty about something? Just kidding man.
I read the bible everyday and obviously this guy does as well, that is great. However I would always recommend being a little suspicious of those who rely on such literal translations of the bible to gain their seat in eternity.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Very interesting, but it asks a question and I believe it failed to answer that question correctly.

You can't earn your way to Heaven. It is a FREE gift.
You don't work and try to be good to get to Heaven, you try because you ARE going to Heaven.
You will do more out of love than out of fear.

When I first heard this I ask the following question..." Do you mean to tell me that if I believe that Jesus died on the cross for all MY sins, I can live as I please and still go to Heaven?"

Listen to the answer I got. It changed my life.

If he had said....
"No, you must do this or that or stop this or that." I would have turned away and just gone on with life.
BUT he said...

"Son, that's a crude way to put it....But God loved you that much."
Yes, I am going to Heaven because of what Jesus did for me when He died on the cross. I now have the rights of a Son, but God now has the rights and responsibility of a Father to instruct and discipline. But His punishment will not be to kick me out. He loves me, and He loves you.
Look at the first line...You can't earn your way to Heaven. It is a FREE gift.

Consider this. If I give you a free gift, for example, a corvette stingray or whatever your favorite car may be. Don't you have the ability to accept that gift and say 3 months later bring it back to me and say I changed my mind, here take it back.

Remember the story of the adulteress who was caught in the act and brought before the Christ? What were his last words to her? Your sins are forgiven, GO AND SIN NO MORE. That was the condition. Once you have come to Christ all of your sins are forgiven, but I believe if you go back to adultery, YOU RETURN OR REJECT THE FREE GIFT.

It then goes on to say, "you try because you ARE going to Heaven.
You will do more out of love than out of fear."

We can conlude from that statement that if you don't TRY and aren't doing so out of love rather than fear, that you never really accepted the gift to begin with. If you truly accepted the free gift, where is the evidence by the way you now live life?

Last edited:

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Very well put DR. Some believe the Bible was written to purposely fool some and not others. Those who say they have figured it out may be the fools.
Jesus also said that "a camel would sooner pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man make it to the kingdom of God" Is this to say that all rich men will go to hell?

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Well, i think that site just shows the way the author of the site looks at it...I doubt whether 2 ppl interpirates the Bible the same way....Everyone has HIS/HER way of reading the Bible..I would personaly say that, as all of us is not equally intelligent, we understand the bible differently ( althoug the direction we are going is the same )..Some klimb the mountain from the left, others from the right...but we all end up on top..( Hopefully :) )
I believe, ( my oppinion...and may be wrong ) that we are all here on earth, not because were going to heaven, but to give us a CHANCE to go to heaven..Remember God gave us our own will??...why???....to see what we are going to do with it...To give you a good excample...The other day i was watching WWF....guys training to become a WWF wrestler....There was a hell of a lot of Endurance coarses and obsticles they had to overcome....and only 5 could get the prize of becomming a wrestler..there was this guy, who dammaged his arm SO severely, that he came stone last....but he made it to the end...although he did not win...Guess what happened??..They avctually PRAISED him for his courage......and he becam a WWF wrestler....not because he won, but becaus of the effort he put in.....to won...Now what i believe, a true farther.. ( which God is ), won't just decide on your failures, but on the EFFORTS tried....to OVERCOME the failure...:)
Remember....a failure is only a lesson learnt out of a mistake.....remember that..and work on it...

Last edited: