©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AAS receptors.

lunchbox31

May 21, 2013
Florida
I think getting a higher tolerance for aas use requiring more gear for the same results is the same as with recreational drugs. If you do drugs to get high like pain killers, coke, etc....you eventually gain a tolerance and need more to get the same desired effect of getting high. It's because of how it effects the release of certain hormones in the body to give you the "high" feeling. I'm kinda guessing, maybe it's the same type of scenario with steroids. It's still your body building a tolerance for a drug.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I do think dnp helps "refresh" receptors a bit. I know my body responded
very well after a dnp run.I do think that inadequate quality calories is mistaken
for dulled receptors sometimes. I think this very true with harsher 17aa orals.
appetite tanks food intake goes down gains flatten out . This is just my experience . Someone with something in a book may tell me otherwise.
Dnp in particular would seem likely to cause changes as body is effected at a cellular level(mitochondria?).I think the normal krebs cycle becomes compromised. I'm no expert just tossing in my personel.2. It is very easy to get injured on a stout lengthy dnp run.I've seen it happen to a few guys. That being said I never stayed on till very recently. I always cycled on and off with long natty time after pct.
Once I gained well again with all on point then plateaued I'd cycle again.
T

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I don't know if it's a tolerance at all. I think it's in regards to the larger, more muscular person. Think of it as a bigger engine that needs more fuel.

Guys that stay on most of the time are going to need ever gradually increasing amounts because their LBM is going to slowly keep increasing. If they quit training and using and went back down in size, then pedestrian amounts would work great again to get them back up to a certain point.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
This is incorrect. AAS repcetors actually UPREGULATE with exposure to androgens. There could be depletion of availible nuclei or ribosomes. Or maybe a limit to the amount of protein synthesis the body can accomplish in a month. So, there may be some downregulation of muscle building. I mean you will burn out and stop growing if you blast 3000 mgs of tren for a year.

However the actual AAS receptors do not downregulate. Pharmacological Doses of Testosterone Upregulated Androgen Receptor and 3-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase/Delta-5-Delta-4 Isomerase and Impaired Leydig Cells Steroidogenesis in Adult Rats

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
This is incorrect. AAS repcetors actually UPREGULATE with exposure to androgens. There could be depletion of availible nuclei or ribosomes. Or maybe a limit to the amount of protein synthesis the body can accomplish in a month. So, there may be some downregulation of muscle building. I mean you will burn out and stop growing if you blast 3000 mgs of tren for a year.

However the actual AAS receptors do not downregulate. Pharmacological Doses of Testosterone Upregulated Androgen Receptor and 3-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase/Delta-5-Delta-4 Isomerase and Impaired Leydig Cells Steroidogenesis in Adult Rats

Maybe I need go re-read that again but from my interpretation of the data- it does not say that the AR was upregulated.

As well this would stand in stark contrast to opinions of esteemed researchers such as Karl Hoffman, Pat Arnold and Bill Llewellyn....

While I don't feel that down regulation of the AR is the sole mediating pathway I do accredit quite a bit of loss of efficacy to this (hormone dependent of course)

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
It's in the title of the study. AAS receptor upregulation - Google Scholar

No offense but lol @ Anabolics 2004 being written by an "esteemed researcher."

And in my own baseless opinion, I do believe that the pathways which are stimulated by anabolic steroids (mTOR, protein synthesis) can become burned out. Also, the bigger someone is the harder it is to grow. I believe this is why people have experiences which seem like a downregulation of AR receptor.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
looking at the big picture here, one would assume this is why we "cruise". time off allows the body to recoup, this coupled with a possible lean up phase while cruising would prime the body for some new growth once "blast" is resumed(a lean body always responds better to hormones). just trying to simplify the logic a little :)

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
From what I've read, simply put... There isn't AR down regulation that was thought to the slowing or stopping of gains. Your body is just fighting to stay "normal" so you have aromast, shgb,cortisone, and mystain(sp). And such working against you. So you can cruise and let them lower, take other drugs to battle those.

Or you out grew that dose.