©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk off season log 2016

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Well, some of you may have followed my last log and know I did a meet in December. It was a tune up/feeler meet. I didn't expect much, but did good,not great, but I was happy. I am now in the 600's for my squat and dead and my shoulder held for 405. I did weigh an embarassing 288 as well so I had to compete in the 308's. This is too heavy for me, but to compete in the 242's would be losing 40lbs and staying super lean.

They say people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan so that is just what I am doing. I am basically doing block periodazation. Not a traditional 12 reps down to 1 rep taper, but 3 different phases based on my goals. My mantra is, "do what you suck at" which I stole from Dave Tate. So, what are my weaknesses? 1. work capacity 2. Shoulder stability and general flexibility 3. Weight is too high. That means phase one is focusing on improving those short comings.

Phase one is two months in which I am already 3 weeks in to. My current weight is 266 in the AM all dehydrated. But, I still have another 12 to 15 to make it to 10%. The training routine I am following is neanderthal no more by Eric Cressy : https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/neanderthal-no-more-4 and finally I started doing cardio. So, that's phase I.

Phase II will be adding mass aka hypertrophy. This phase will last until I select a meet.

Phase III will be peaking for my next meet!

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Still at 266, I had a ton of salt so I am not surprised but, I looked better in the mirror so that was good. I have also been off for a month this week on just a little T so it is time to jump back on. I have this mystery blend in a 50cc vial which I forgot what was in it but, I think it's Test E,Tren E and some winny. I will jump on that for a few weeks and then switch to prop and ace to that I will add some var to help shred fat and up callogen synthesis.

I am also in the process of landing some gh so hopefully by the time the hypertrophy/spp phase begins I will add that as well.

To be honest, I have felt some muscles I don't normally feel, but mobility has not improved that much. I could and should stretch more, but stretching sux!

Hawk

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I will be following this phased approach as well.

definitely wish you the best with this and your goals. I think you'll meet the goals for your next meet.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Lol, mystery blend! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Hopefully your shoulder holds

Ha ha, if the mystery blend is what I remember it to be than it should work nice with my cycle. It will be a blast and cruise with two phases.

Phase I
weeks 1-6
Tren E
Test E
Anavar

6-8
Prop
Ace
var

8-10
cruise

11-17
Test C
Deca

18-20
Prop
npp

off

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I will be following this phased approach as well.

definitely wish you the best with this and your goals. I think you'll meet the goals for your next meet.

Cool, I would like to know how it works for you as well. The more I learn about muscle building and myself I realize that all athletes would benefit from a phased approach of some sort. It could something as simple as varying frequency or reps.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Here is the logic behind my phases or periodazation:

I GPP General Physical Preparedness:
Working weaknesses and building a foundation to support more work and more muscle. Getting to fighting weight so that I can bulk without becoming fat. This phase is about work capacity, mobility and flexibility. In essence I am on a diet and doing exercises that emphasize ROM and proper movement patterns. Walking lunges, bridges, low bar rows etc..

II SPP Specific Physical Preparedness
This phase works on building the frame of the house by strengthening the parts as individuals. The focus is to build strength using movements similar to my comp movements but more challenging. So, front squats, defecit deads, close grips vs comp moves. These are done along with accessory work with higher reps to build mass.

III Now this will be a peaking phase when I determine a meet date. If I push a meet off for a while I may start with a GTG or greasing the groove routine. Which is a lower instensity routine using competition lifts just perfecting the lift. Something like 80%x6sets of 2 reps. T

That would be followed by the peaking plan I used for my last meet.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
glad to see you are adapting new training ideas. Block train is the bread and butter baby!!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Nice rotation of compounds. I'm a big advocate of that.

Done with the mystery blend already. BA is way high, my ass is on fire. It's been challenging to sit all day and sleep last night.

I do have some Tren and E untapped so I will use that a pitch the ass burner stuff.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
So, yeah my right butt cheek is still two sizes two big and hot as hell making it hard to do my leg mobility workout. I muttled through, but left out the last single of safety bar squats as my left knee was getting tweaked from favoring my right side.

I have one more week of this phase of the training and then three more weeks of phase two. Phase two has more compound moves and variations of big lifts that teach mechanics and mobility.

This far I have learned a bunch about my body and how to deal with some issues. I still have made progress, but there is a lot of work to do. However, even as I move into my hypertrophy phase I will incorporate much of what I have learned into that phase.

The holidays were a wash, went in 266 and came out 266, thanks to T-3. I feel leaner, but soft and week. I still want to hit low 250's which should leave me pretty lean. At which point I will slowly introduce some slin and GH to regain lost mass and add to new.

Hawk

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Very smart move leaving out that last single. Have you always been sensitive to ba? I never had a problem early on but now it just cripples me. I have no choice but to pin ed, but it's better that way

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Very smart move leaving out that last single. Have you always been sensitive to ba? I never had a problem early on but now it just cripples me. I have no choice but to pin ed, but it's better that way

I'm not really sensitive to BA. Things are coming back as the swelling comes down. I think I was really into the idea of mixing my gear and doing just one draw per session. So, I was adding a bit as the big jug got low, then one time I got some hot Test E and stopped using the blend. I went to another Test E I had and it was hot too. So, I sent it all back. And well, apparently I needed to throw the old batch out but, forgot.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Ok, so apparently I am fat as hell. This sucks! I am fat, flat and weak! But, I am going to get lean I just never realized how much blubber I carried. I am going for another 15lbs which will leave me around 250 and see what that looks like. In the mean time I will just have to walk around feeling like a puss.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Ok, so apparently I am fat as hell. This sucks! I am fat, flat and weak! But, I am going to get lean I just never realized how much blubber I carried. I am going for another 15lbs which will leave me around 250 and see what that looks like. In the mean time I will just have to walk around feeling like a puss.

Hawk

Fuck you I'm crippled...it could be worse :p

Attachments

• 30cq8et.jpg
    30cq8et.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 82
Jan 26, 2015
midwest
Hawk,
What do you plan to run to maintain your weight if you hit the 242lb mark? I use to run mast and halo to maintain strength while continuing to drop weight. With those compounds I set a state record at 220lbs with a 475 raw bench. You might give them a try and see how it works for you.

Bear

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hawk,
What do you plan to run to maintain your weight if you hit the 242lb mark? I use to run mast and halo to maintain strength while continuing to drop weight. With those compounds I set a state record at 220lbs with a 475 raw bench. You might give them a try and see how it works for you.

Bear

You know, I have never given masteron a fair shot. I have always just thrown it in because. So, what kind of numbers did you run? I was thinking I would have to be around 800mg EW.

Hawk

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I would guess the halo was responsible for the bulk of his strength increase. I've always found mast to be most effective in the 600-700 range. I think it will also do more for you at a lower body weight/bf. Just out of curiosity, as you cut, do you feel your strength is proportionality more, equal, or less than at a heavier body weight. When I bulk I know I get proportionally weaker and would be much more competitive at 200 than at 260

You know, I have never given masteron a fair shot. I have always just thrown it in because. So, what kind of numbers did you run? I was thinking I would have to be around 800mg EW.

Hawk