©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dissipointed in my Pecs! Need advice

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I have the opposite problem bro. My chest got too big while my arms I feel are lagging behind. There was a time when I could only bench like 165, and the way I got much bigger and stronger with my pecs was as follows. I did some things that were mainstream but worked.

Chest twice a week (like Mon and Thurs) first night heavy with 6-10 reps and a 1RM, the other with lighter weights 10-12 reps and different movements.

When I do flat bench I always start with a 1RM. I also reverse the process by going 20lbs lighter from the 1RM each set.

I finish my chest routine with push ups (3 sets 1 min apart), usually just off of dumbells but sometimes decline with my feet up on a bench. You get a great pump
and it helped me to grow. Not a popular thing at the gym but they worked for me.

Now I bench 315, and I don't want my chest any bigger. I do chest once a week but follow the similar routine above.

Good luck bro.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
:confused:
gregdiesel said:
I have the opposite problem bro. My chest got too big while my arms I feel are lagging behind. There was a time when I could only bench like 165, and the way I got much bigger and stronger with my pecs was as follows. I did some things that were mainstream but worked.

Chest twice a week (like Mon and Thurs) first night heavy with 6-10 reps and a 1RM, the other with lighter weights 10-12 reps and different movements.

When I do flat bench I always start with a 1RM. I also reverse the process by going 20lbs lighter from the 1RM each set.

I finish my chest routine with push ups (3 sets 1 min apart), usually just off of dumbells but sometimes decline with my feet up on a bench. You get a great pump
and it helped me to grow. Not a popular thing at the gym but they worked for me.

Now I bench 315, and I don't want my chest any bigger. I do chest once a week but follow the similar routine above.

Good luck bro.

I hate to sound dumb... but plz clarify...what do you mean when you say 1RM ??

smikey

BIGENUFF

Mar 24, 2005
Pin is on to something- The truth!!! You cannot build any body part unless your using it to full contraction. I see so many of the same guys in the weight room week after week month after month using the same routine and same weight and never grow. I feel bad for them because they are putting the time in and not getting chit. Focus on that muscle and squeeze the hell out of it when finishing out a rep. switch up Dumbells one chest day Barbells the next. Mondays and Fridays make it your chest day for one month then switch up. But back to Pins advice use a weight you can control and kill for reps. You can go heavy so long as your getting 3-5 reps. When your only getting 1-2 reps your just using the joints not the muscles. Rep out all the time and try to get that extra 1-2 reps out of your self. Eat to grow!!!