©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The preworkout thread

Stallion

Sep 24, 2012
I've been using KRE Ex lately but will try something different when I run out. I will say that I'm not a fan of the C4 stuff.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I trained shoulders and quads today and used just over 1 scoop of PRE JYM and it felt great. PRE JYM is a great all rounder and gives decent energy and great pumps. I have only just realized something... I have a reoccuring trap injury and I felt it today. I have stated in the past I always seemed to get issues when training back with PRE JYM or similar. Like the increased pump made me more sensitive as the issue I get feels like a pulled muscle. I stopped using pump products before back and never had an issue for months. I completely forgot so this is more than a coincidence has it has happened at least 3 times after I used PRE JYM. Well it looks like it will be a nespresso before back or shrugs from now on just to be safe.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I trained shoulders and quads today and used just over 1 scoop of PRE JYM and it felt great. PRE JYM is a great all rounder and gives decent energy and great pumps. I have only just realized something... I have a reoccuring trap injury and I felt it today. I have stated in the past I always seemed to get issues when training back with PRE JYM or similar. Like the increased pump made me more sensitive as the issue I get feels like a pulled muscle. I stopped using pump products before back and never had an issue for months. I completely forgot so this is more than a coincidence has it has happened at least 3 times after I used PRE JYM. Well it looks like it will be a nespresso before back or shrugs from now on just to be safe.

Interesting you mention this. For a long time I RARELY used a pre workout,,only some coffee on my way in to the gym. Anyways I have been using various ones over the last few months and about 6 weeks ago while amped up on some AAN Extreme I injured my upper back. Ive been out of the gym the entire time and just went back this week. I think I'm done with the pre workouts for awhile. I'm not saying that's what caused my injury but I hardly ever get hurt and would have to say its a coincidence a similar issue has happened more than once with Elvia here as explained per his post.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I've tried many and I settled on making my own caps with caffeine and some nootropics. All the others just get me too jittery. But then again I'm getting older And notice it more I guess.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Interesting you mention this. For a long time I RARELY used a pre workout,,only some coffee on my way in to the gym. Anyways I have been using various ones over the last few months and about 6 weeks ago while amped up on some AAN Extreme I injured my upper back. Ive been out of the gym the entire time and just went back this week. I think I'm done with the pre workouts for awhile. I'm not saying that's what caused my injury but I hardly ever get hurt and would have to say its a coincidence a similar issue has happened more than once with Elvia here as explained per his post.

Sometimes I may have injured (minor) myself due to a pre workout simply due to being so amped up and really pushing the weight. But the back injury I mentioned above is definitely due to the effects the pre workout has on pump etc. I wasn't even lifting heavy and was using perfect form. As you mention you have experienced similar so chances are it's not coincidence. I have a update to post which is very similar.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
In the last week I have tried a few pre workouts from my collection. Firstly I took just over 1 scoop of Pre-Kaged by Kaged Muscle. I trained chest and tri-ceps and had a great workout. Interestingly I had a muscle spasm in my abs when doing standing rope crunches at the end of my workout. When I got home my chest started spasming too. Then each of my tri-ceps started and they stayed awhile. I have had muscle spasms in the past but only 1 muscle at a time. I was well hydrated and had consumed taurine and had also drank coconut water and had a banana so my potassium was good. Regardless of the reason I can safely state it never would have happened if I hadn't had used the pre workout. It's similar to the above when I had issues with my back. Pre Kaged is very similar to Pre Jym too. I know I have to be careful with certain pre workout especially when I train like I do at times for long periods performing multiple hard sets.

As a result I decided for the rest of the week I would use more energy promoting products. One day I used just over 1 scoop of Hemo Rage and that was great. That's all about energy and it does a good job. It doesn't feel really strong to me but it's a good boost and a decent product. It helped me through an intense 2 hour workout.

Last time I trained I tried the strongest product I own... Cannibal Ferox Amped. I have told myself not to go crazy on the stimulants anymore so really I shouldn't be using it. But from the few times I have taken it I know it has potential. An issue with it is sometimes when you take too many stimulants they can have the opposite effect. Therefore I tried about 2/3 of a scoop this time. I got the bus to the gym and was stood there wired off my head but in the best possible way. I felt really focused even just waiting for the bus :D I ended up having a great workout and fely a big boost from this product. I am using MK-677 now and it makes me tired and I actually fell asleep after my workout (about 7pm) so the pre workout didn't over stimulant me.

2moro I am going to go with 2/3 of a scoop of Ferox Amped Pump again. When I get Pump Juice I will give that a solid run to test it's complete effectiveness.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have my Pump Juice Extreme and gonna try it for the first time today :) The ingredient list looks amazing and ideal for me. It's has a nice blend of stimulants... nothing too high but definitely not for the sensitive. Plus the pump ingredients look great. Obviously the quality of ingredients is key as I learnt a long time ago you can't always go by the ingredient panel. Looking at the list though it should and hopefully provide great pumps and a well balanced and long lasting energy boost. I will let guys know how it feels later and over the next few weeks.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Today I tried Muscle Chemistry's Pump Juice Extreme (cherry berry explosion flavour) for the first time. From the smell I thought it would taste great but it didn't taste as nice as I first thought it would. Nothing bad though and actually fairly nice for a pre workout powder. I trained legs today and pushed it hard. The energy was clean and prolonged but not as strong as I thought it would be. Although lets take into account I have used the strongest pre workout (energy wise) I have ever seen the previous 2 days in the gym. Now let's get to the pump... this is where it truely shines. It is ridiculous and my legs literally felt like they doubled in size. My calves probably looked the biggest they have ever looked. Plus this is on leg day were I naturally don't get as good a pump as say for arms or chest.

So one day in and I am very impressed. I will know more when I use it before other days. The energy was good but I need to give it a few more days to better evaluate it. This is the sort of pre workout I want to start using more as the crazy stimulant blends are not good in the long run. I have a feeling I will be able to barely move 2moro so I may have a day off. My next day in the gym will likely be chest and arms and I look forward to it :)

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Well I tried mr Hyde new formula and wasn't impressed compared to the old so I will be looking over this thread to find something new

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Well I tried mr Hyde new formula and wasn't impressed compared to the old so I will be looking over this thread to find something new

It's good to see you posting :) What are you after in a pre workout? Can you list energy, focus, pumps etc in order 1 being most important. Thanks

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I trained chest and tri-ceps today after using pump juice extreme for the 2nd time. I trained my gf for 30 mins which negatively effected my workout. It wasn't planned but she needed help and after about 4 months I finally actually helped her :D Anyway I had about 50 mins to train and I really got into it. The pump was incredible... this is reason alone for me to recommend this. I had a nice energy boost and no crash. I didn't have long to train tri-ceps but the pump is literally ridiculous. This could be the best pump product I have ever taken. Others are the matrix no pump xtreme, gaspari superpump 250 (original) and nitro nox pro. It's been a while since I have used any of those but this is literally with those 3 in the top 4 of pre workout pump products I have ever used (I have tried loads). I could barely shower myself at the end :D

Next will be back, bi-ceps and forearms so that should be fun :)

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
It's good to see you posting :) What are you after in a pre workout? Can you list energy, focus, pumps etc in order 1 being most important. Thanks

I like the mental focus energy and pump... I tried shatter black label by muscle tech. It has half the caffein of mr Hyde and to my surprise I really liked it

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I like the mental focus energy and pump... I tried shatter black label by muscle tech. It has half the caffein of mr Hyde and to my surprise I really liked it

I posted a reply on pro muscle too. I can't remember if you have tried it but definitely NitroNOX Pro if you are after a bit of everything. As I mentioned on PM if the focus and energy is more important definitely give Cannibal Ferox Pumped a try too :)

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I posted a reply on pro muscle too. I can't remember if you have tried it but definitely NitroNOX Pro if you are after a bit of everything. As I mentioned on PM if the focus and energy is more important definitely give Cannibal Ferox Pumped a try too :)

Day 3 on shatter and I like it. I haven't built a tolerance yet but I will give those others a go

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Day 3 on pump juice extreme and I trained back, bi-ceps and forearms. I got over excited and done 2 scoops. Not sure why but if anything the effects were no better than 1 scoop. I got an amazing pump but felt a bit off but maybe that was down to stress due to various things. My energy definitely went down by the time it was train arms. That could have been down to too many stimulants or my MK-677 usage.

Day 4 was a completely different story. I took 1 1/2 scoops and trained calves and rear delts. I felt great and the pump was incredible. I am going to stick to a max of 1 1/2 scoops from now on. My calves were burning and the pump was so intense I could barely take it. I was doing high reps on calf presses then went onto 10 reps 5 sec rest 10 reps and repeated over and over. Afterwards I tried to fix my socks and I couldn't even roll up my tracksuit pants they were that pumped. Rear delts was more of the same just less pain for obvious reasons. I am loving the effects from this pre workout so far.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Today I trained chest and bi-ceps for 50 mins. I only had 10 mins for bi-ceps but it was enough as I done quite a few fast paced sets. I used 1 scoop of Pump Juice Extreme just after having an espresso. The combo worked great and my workout was amazing. I also dosed 5ml synthetine and 20mg tadalafil pre workout and the combination of everything meant the best pump you could ever imagine. This pre workout is incredible for pumps so the added tadalafil wasn't even needed.

Post workout my chest was the biggest it has ever been. My arms were the same and I felt amazing. It hurt getting a shower as I could barely move my arms. I feel fuller by the day now thanks to the MK-677 and Pump Juice Extreme. I plan to add in some dbol and adrol so things are going to get even more crazy. 2moro I will be dosing 1 scoop of Pump Juice Extreme, 5ml of synthetine and 12.5mg MK-677 so more of the same :)

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I'm still injured but lifting light again. No pre workouts at all lately. Only a strong cup of coffee on my way to the gym.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I'm still injured but lifting light again. No pre workouts at all lately. Only a strong cup of coffee on my way to the gym.

Yesterday I had 1 scoop of PumpJuice and an espresso pre workout. Then post workout I was in starbucks buying a large latte :eek::D Although that was all the caffeine for the day. Have you ever tried a nespresso machine? A good coffee is all you need pre workout but I still love my pre workout powders.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Yesterday I had 1 scoop of PumpJuice and an espresso pre workout. Then post workout I was in starbucks buying a large latte :eek::D Although that was all the caffeine for the day. Have you ever tried a nespresso machine? A good coffee is all you need pre workout but I still love my pre workout powders.

I have a Keurig machine that I LOVE and I also make coffee in the mornings with an old fashioned perculator.