©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hiccups and heartburn

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
You need to go to a GI and get this taken care of! It sounds like the one ER doc might be right about ulcers...I can't think of another reason you would be throwing up blood. The ulcer could be in your esophagus. You need a GI to do an endoscopy ASAP! Are you on any NSAID's? If so, stop. Look up any meds you're on and check to see if they have any blood thinning properties.

Good luck and get this figured out!
The GI Dr didn't do shit... gave me Karafate and said good luck. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone will not scope me... got protonix today and it's definitely helped the stomach acid

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
The GI Dr didn't do shit... gave me Karafate and said good luck. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone will not scope me... got protonix today and it's definitely helped the stomach acid

Go to a different doctor! That doc sounds like an idiot!! Talk more about the blood and the next doc should take care of you.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
i have actually been getting really bad heartburn the last week. i already take omeprazole daily and have been for years. but the last week it has been crazy. i was wondering if it was gear related. stopped tren ace 3 weeks ago

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013

What exactly would you expect them to see and what would they be able to do about it?

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
What exactly would you expect them to see and what would they be able to do about it?
They'd be able to see for sure if it's a ulcer, hiatal hernia, or whatever else could be going on... it's be 6 days without hiccups and heartburn thanks to the protonix

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

Considering he's been throwing up blood it seems like they would find some kind of ulcer with an endoscopy...Then they could figure out how to treat it depending on the severity.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Considering he's been throwing up blood it seems like they would find some kind of ulcer with an endoscopy...Then they could figure out how to treat it depending on the severity.

Oh, I thought they already told him it was an ulcer....a mechanic sees a 2005 Ford F-150 come in with symptoms he knows is the coil because the ac drips on that coil and it's always the first to go out,he sees the same thing over and over(making this up but pretend its true)...I feel like people expect their body (f150) to be different or special from someone elses but 9 times out of 10 it not

I had a micro biology professor tell me one time "if you see hooves think horse and not zebra"

How do you sleep? I heard sleeping on the right side is better cause the esophagus goes down and stomach is to the right...so laying on the left makes it easier for reflux to take place

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
Any foods you consume regularly??

I found out the hard way that coffee gives me the same symptoms you describe. Real bad. I just had to completely quit coffee. Can't even touch a sip.

Anyways, valium and other benzos will give you hiccups which can also give you acid reflux. I would say lay off of those.

If it gets really bad, lay off all drugs especially steroids/nsaids for 3 weeks except for a double dose of prilosec and tums/something like tums as needed. Also only stick to whole, easily digestible foods during this 3 weeks such as oatmeal, chicken breast, etc. Also do not drink anything but water. If this doesn't get rid of it, you may be in real trouble.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Gear exasperates acid reflux. Get that shit under control and make it part of your on cycle therapy. Just like you take care of your liver, or should, you must take care of your esophagus. They can't fix esophageal cancer!!!