©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

went through w/ 2cc's in quad.....

W

wolfyEVH

nater said:
Can I re-use my syringe? I picked up ten with my last order - and my cycle calls for 20 injections over the next ten weeks. I thought I'd use one needle per week. That's mean two trips through the rubber and two trips through my skin. Is this too much? How do I sterilize it? Is drawing alcohol through it to clean it out a big no no? I mean as long as the alcohol has completely evaporated before each use?

you're retarded if you're using the same syringe and needle.......if your cycle calls for 20 injections, you should have gotten 20 syringes, 20 drawing needles, and 20 injection needles......actually i'd get about 25 of each in case something happens.............needles arent expensive bro.......you can get 100 of all of them for under 30 bucks

and drawing alcohol through it is about the worse thing you can do.......once ANYTHING touches the needles, time to throw it away.......talk to blackbird about this one

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Wolfy is right bro....buy a hundred syringes, and if you want get separate drawing needles (usually larger gauge), but NEVER reuse!!!! I bought 100 3cc syringes with 23g needles, 100 18g needles, and a huge box of alchohol preps for like 28 bucks or something. Be smart, don't gamble with bacteria and viruses.....they will win!

nater

May 16, 2005
Thanks fellas, I've got nine left. Oughtta suffice while a new batch is being ordered.

I found this on a veterinary website - I know it doesn't beat brand new eguipment -- but if you're in a pinch:

Plastic syringes can be heat sterilized in a microwave oven. Note, this is another method of heat sterilization; there is nothing special about microwaves in this instance. The plastic automatic syringe must be covered in water while being heated in a microwave oven.

Wash the external parts of the plastic automatic syringe in soap and water.
Rinse the internal parts with hot tap water (do not use soap or disinfectant) by drawing water up though the intake tube while repeatedly depressing the syringe plunger.
Completely fill the plastic automatic syringe with de-ionized or distilled water (draw off tube and syringe should be full of water).
Wrap the plastic automatic syringe in five to ten layers of wet paper towels.
Place the wet paper towel wrapped syringe in a zip-lock bag.
Leave zip-lock bag open and place in a microwave oven.
Set microwave oven on high setting and microwave each plastic automatic syringe individually for five minutes.
Check moistness of paper towel wrapping halfway through the process and remoisten if paper towels appear to be drying out (don't let paper towels dry out - microwave ovens can start paper towels on fire if they are allowed to dry out while in the microwave).
Remove the plastic automatic syringe from the zip-lock bag and unwrap. Most of the water that was filling the plastic automatic syringe will have boiled off, if not, squirt out all remaining water.
Allow syringe to cool for 10 minutes before using the vaccine syringe.
If storing, remove zip-lock bag containing the plastic automatic syringe from the microwave oven and place directly in the freezer.

Vaccine transfer needles can be heat sterilized in a microwave oven. The transfer needle must be covered in water while being heated in the microwave oven.

Two methods are available:

Clean the transfer needle in hot tap water (no soap or disinfectant) and place the cleaned transfer needle in clean cup. Completely cover with six to eight ounces of de-ionized or distilled water. Microwave using the high setting to bring the water to a boil and continue to boil for one additional minute. Never allow the water level to evaporate to the level of the transfer needle. It must be completely covered during the entire process.
Clean the transfer needle in hot tap water (no soap or disinfectant) and wrap in several layers of paper towels. Soak the towels and transfer needle in water and place in a zip-lock bag. Place the zip-lock bag in a microwave oven and leave the top of the bag open. Microwave, using the high setting for two minutes. Do not let the paper towels dry out while being heated in the microwave oven.

Last edited:
W

wolfyEVH

nater said:
Thanks fellas, I've got nine left. Oughtta suffice while a new batch is being ordered.

I found this on a veterinary website - I know it doesn't beat brand new needles -- but if you're in a pinch:

Plastic syringes can be heat sterilized in a microwave oven. Note, this is another method of heat sterilization; there is nothing special about microwaves in this instance. The plastic automatic syringe must be covered in water while being heated in a microwave oven.

Wash the external parts of the plastic automatic syringe in soap and water.
Rinse the internal parts with hot tap water (do not use soap or disinfectant) by drawing water up though the intake tube while repeatedly depressing the syringe plunger.
Completely fill the plastic automatic syringe with de-ionized or distilled water (draw off tube and syringe should be full of water).
Wrap the plastic automatic syringe in five to ten layers of wet paper towels.
Place the wet paper towel wrapped syringe in a zip-lock bag.
Leave zip-lock bag open and place in a microwave oven.
Set microwave oven on high setting and microwave each plastic automatic syringe individually for five minutes.
Check moistness of paper towel wrapping halfway through the process and remoisten if paper towels appear to be drying out (don't let paper towels dry out - microwave ovens can start paper towels on fire if they are allowed to dry out while in the microwave).
Remove the plastic automatic syringe from the zip-lock bag and unwrap. Most of the water that was filling the plastic automatic syringe will have boiled off, if not, squirt out all remaining water.
Allow syringe to cool for 10 minutes before using the vaccine syringe.
If storing, remove zip-lock bag containing the plastic automatic syringe from the microwave oven and place directly in the freezer.

Vaccine transfer needles can be heat sterilized in a microwave oven. The transfer needle must be covered in water while being heated in the microwave oven.

Two methods are available:

Clean the transfer needle in hot tap water (no soap or disinfectant) and place the cleaned transfer needle in clean cup. Completely cover with six to eight ounces of de-ionized or distilled water. Microwave using the high setting to bring the water to a boil and continue to boil for one additional minute. Never allow the water level to evaporate to the level of the transfer needle. It must be completely covered during the entire process.
Clean the transfer needle in hot tap water (no soap or disinfectant) and wrap in several layers of paper towels. Soak the towels and transfer needle in water and place in a zip-lock bag. Place the zip-lock bag in a microwave oven and leave the top of the bag open. Microwave, using the high setting for two minutes. Do not let the paper towels dry out while being heated in the microwave oven.

I dont know too many people in a pinch over some needles and syringes...that common sense........now maybe if you want to injection your horse or something like this, be my guest

nater

May 16, 2005
I didn't mean a financial pinch. I thought that might help someone who was waiting on a replacement order. Where I'm from, they're not exactly an OTC item. They're just as hard to come by as the bean itself - and just as illegal to posess. I appreciate the advice though. Is there a place online to order them in bulk?

Last edited:

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
nater said:
I didn't mean a financial pinch. Where I'm from, they're not exactly an OTC item. They're just as hard to come by as the bean itself - and just as illegal to posess. Is there a place online to order them in bulk?

You're kidding right? Do you think we go out to CVS and buy these things? Of course we get them online bro! There are SEVERAL good sites for ordering pins (that's slang for syringes). Not sure if I'm alowed to post the links so I'll PM you a few instead.

nater

May 16, 2005
Before the advent of the internet, I remember my brother getting his sticks from some scumbag volunteer EMT that was stealing them from the fire department and selling them out the back door to all of the juicers in town. I'm pretty new to this game, so please forgive me when I sound retarded. I've use redi-jects before, but this is only the second cycle I've ever done with a draw bottle. I guess I must have lucked out last time, because I stretched a single stick over ten injections with a cypionate cycle and managed to go unaffected. I'll heed your good advice, and set myself up with a hundred of them. That stick doesn't feel so good going in after it's pierced that rubber nine times.

W

wolfyEVH

nater said:
Before the advent of the internet, I remember my brother getting his sticks from some scumbag volunteer EMT that was stealing them from the fire department and selling them out the back door to all of the juicers in town. I'm pretty new to this game, so please forgive me when I sound retarded. I've use redi-jects before, but this is only the second cycle I've ever done with a draw bottle. I guess I must have lucked out last time, because I stretched a single stick over ten injections with a cypionate cycle and managed to go unaffected. I'll heed your good advice, and set myself up with a hundred of them. That stick doesn't feel so good going in after it's pierced that rubber nine times.

you used the same needle 10 times???? or the same syringe?

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
nater said:

Bro...Just don't want to see you get hurt.

W

wolfyEVH

heres what happens after reusing a needle

Attachments

• pic_needles01.jpg
    pic_needles01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 24

nater

May 16, 2005
wolfyEVH said:
you used the same needle 10 times???? or the same syringe?

Both. I was a dumb kid. I bought a 10ml of cyp and it came with one syringe and needle. I didn't know any better. I guess I lucked out.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Amazing....Nater i'm not trying to sound like a dick bro...but did it not occur to you that you can't re-use the same needle? That perhaps it wasn't sanitary. Did you happen to read up on PROPER INJECTION procedures? Oh and by the way that post you put up like you said it was from a "VETERINARY WEBSITE"......nuff said.

nater

May 16, 2005
oracle said:
Amazing....Nater i'm not trying to sound like a dick bro...but did it not occur to you that you can't re-use the same needle? That perhaps it wasn't sanitary. Did you happen to read up on PROPER INJECTION procedures? Oh and by the way that post you put up like you said it was from a "VETERINARY WEBSITE"......nuff said.

You don't come across as a dick, believe me. I appreciate the advice. That's why I joined up -- education. Like I said, I was a kid - still in college. I bought this cyp from one of the hockey players in the gym and just did what I was told. Though it's probably of little consequence, I did sterilize the works between shots (or so I thought) -- I drew boiling water through it and kept the needle in barbacide. I lucked out - and didn't get infected. As per suggestion, I placed an order last night. They should be here sometime Friday or Saturday.

Thanks, all.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
wolfyEVH said:
heres what happens after reusing a needle
I hate that picture. It is kind of misleading. It doesnt say what the needle went through (Stopper, skin, a brick wall, etc), it doesnt say what brand it is, it doesnt say what gauge it is, it doesnt say if these times used are one right after another, or if it was done over a period of time, etc. When that photo first surfaced, I tried a Terumo pin several times through a rubber stopper. I looked at it under a very large magnifying glass and didnt even notice a tip curl until 5 times through the rubber stopper. I cant remember what gauge I was using, I think it was a 23. Anyways, I think they really need to give more info when they send out a photo like that.

Last edited:

nater

May 16, 2005
I think it's supposed to be more of an exagerrated public service message than anything else -- sort of like those teenage marijuana use and drunk driving statistics that the Just Say No campaigns are always bombarding us with. You see a blow up of a needle in that condition -- and you immediately think twice before re-using another pin. Like any sight propaganda, it's a cited example of worst case scenario.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
nater said:
I think it's supposed to be more of an exagerrated public service message than anything else -- sort of like those teenage marijuana use and drunk driving statistics that the Just Say No campaigns are always bombarding us with. You see a blow up of a needle in that condition -- and you immediately think twice before re-using another pin. Like any sight propaganda, it's a cited example of worst case scenario.
Probably true. Oh, and Oracle is a dick :p

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
nater said:
I didn't mean a financial pinch. I thought that might help someone who was waiting on a replacement order. Where I'm from, they're not exactly an OTC item. They're just as hard to come by as the bean itself - and just as illegal to posess. I appreciate the advice though. Is there a place online to order them in bulk?

HELLL YEAH!
where are you from,brutha?
dont care,just wondering.
just another juiced up,gymrat,musclehead.
p.s. keep coming back!!..J/K