©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gun Shot Recovery

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
Unfortunately I was victim of a robbery and was recently shot in the leg. I was thinking about ways to speed the recovery lately, it was a through and through shot and luckily it didn't hit bone. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations, I was thinking of starting some hgh to help with recovery. Also thought about possibly some hydrolyzed collagen. I haven't stayed up on the peptides recently so I don't know if there's been anything new in that area. Funds are kind of limited at the moment since of the bills and losses I incurred from it. Let me know what you all think, thanks!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Surgeons have actually been using Deca injected in the wound area during surgery to speed up healing and recovery times for several years now. How valuable it would be after the fact is questionable, though. But with the low cost of Deca vs some of the peptides out there, it definitely couldn’t hurt.

There’s also a few threads about peptides for joint repair and healing in the peptides forum further down the board. Also might want to contact member name Psych here on the board. He had a pretty horrific leg injury a while back and used some combination of peptides to speed healing. I believe I remember him saying that the Docs were incredibly impressed by the speed of his recovery.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Unfortunately I was victim of a robbery and was recently shot in the leg. I was thinking about ways to speed the recovery lately, it was a through and through shot and luckily it didn't hit bone. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations, I was thinking of starting some hgh to help with recovery. Also thought about possibly some hydrolyzed collagen. I haven't stayed up on the peptides recently so I don't know if there's been anything new in that area. Funds are kind of limited at the moment since of the bills and losses I incurred from it. Let me know what you all think, thanks!

Wow man, that's horrible to hear. I'm glad to hear you are recovering. Although I really can't offer any great advice for compounds, the hydrolyzed collagen sounds like a great starting point. Mend up my man, stay well.
Grim

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
Surgeons have actually been using Deca injected in the wound area during surgery to speed up healing and recovery times for several years now. How valuable it would be after the fact is questionable, though. But with the low cost of Deca vs some of the peptides out there, it definitely couldn’t hurt.

There’s also a few threads about peptides for joint repair and healing in the peptides forum further down the board. Also might want to contact member name Psych here on the board. He had a pretty horrific leg injury a while back and used some combination of peptides to speed healing. I believe I remember him saying that the Docs were incredibly impressed by the speed of his recovery.

Ya thanks for reminding me, I remember psych had to go through some serious recovery. As far as deca in the wound I could never see me doing that after the fact, but that is pretty interesting and definitely want to read about it. Wonder if deca has any systemic wound recovery abilities without sticking a needle in the wound.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Jim, I would keep your blood as nutrient rich as possible and apply a heating pad to areas of your leg farther away from the wound than your heart.(Wait at least six weeks before doing this) This will promote added blood flow to this area. Once the wound closes and stops weeping you will be able to start putting mild loads on it. Don't get carried away. The big issue is after the recovery you must work the area messaging it to brake up and soften the scare tissue along the path of the bullet. You can get ghost pain as a result of not doing this.
IMO,I wouldn't be adding any kind of gear to accelerate a recovery of this kind.
Best of luck with your recovery friend. :)

CG

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Wonder if deca has any systemic wound recovery abilities without sticking a needle in the wound.

That I do not know, and I would guess it’s outside of the scope of the clinical research that was done. I used to have a link to some of the research, but I can’t find it anywhere. A quick search on google scholar should bring it up, though.

Here’s the thread Psych started about wound healing.
http://www.anasci.org/vB/peptides-human-growth-factors/40670-peptides-injuries.html

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Well that really sucks. Deca is a great drug for healing. I included the link but its a long read. I copied the conclusion. i'm using deca now at lower doses and my knees are doing great.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2777803/

In summary, these data demonstrate that ND administration can enhance myofiber growth after regeneration from injury. At 5 days after injury, protein signaling within the IGF-I pathway is activated, regardless of circulating androgens. At 14 days after injury, growth-related gene expression and protein signaling significantly increased over injured muscle not receiving ND and ND treatment in uninjured muscle. Two key mechanisms could support the anabolic steroid-induced growth at this time point: 1) the increase in IGF-I seen in injury + ND group; and 2) the increase in myogenesis observed with ND administration. The combination of the two elements could enhance fiber formation, which is supported by the large increase in small fibers seen with injury and ND. This process could set up later growth when given time to regenerate for 42 days after injury. We have shown an increase in large-diameter fibers at 42 days after injury and a reduction in small fibers with injury and ND treatment. These data have possible implications for the use of testosterone supplementation as a therapy to improve muscle regeneration in hypogonadal men. Exercise has been prescribed to preserve muscle mass in wasting conditions, including aging and disease-related cachexia, that are commonly associated with low levels of circulating testosterone. The combination of pharmacological and physical interventions may be complimentary to aid in successful recovery and maintenance of skeletal muscle in hypogonadal men.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
Jim, I would keep your blood as nutrient rich as possible and apply a heating pad to areas of your leg farther away from the wound than your heart.(Wait at least six weeks before doing this) This will promote added blood flow to this area. Once the wound closes and stops weeping you will be able to start putting mild loads on it. Don't get carried away. The big issue is after the recovery you must work the area messaging it to brake up and soften the scare tissue along the path of the bullet. You can get ghost pain as a result of not doing this.
IMO,I wouldn't be adding any kind of gear to accelerate a recovery of this kind.
Best of luck with your recovery friend. :)

CG

Appreciate the advice brother, I wasn't thinking about running any aas or thought it would help. Was mostly thinking about hgh, maybe peptides, and any specific supplements that might be beneficial. CG, is your take on this not to add hgh or are you just talking about aas?

Thanks man

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
You could add HGH but I don't think it would be as valuable as just keeping the nutrient levels roofed during the entire term of recovery. Please believe me when I say the added blood flow will help you recover. Just don't apply the heat to the wound.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I agree with concreteguy. Although some hgh would definitely help matters as well.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Dam man hope you have a quick recovery, 45acp from that far away your lucky as he'll to even have a leg left brother. Like CG said anything that will stimulate blood flow, maxing out your nutrients, and plenty of rest. Seems like the hgh or like peptides would speed it up also.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Dam man hope you have a quick recovery, 45acp from that far away your lucky as he'll to even have a leg left brother. Like CG said anything that will stimulate blood flow, maxing out your nutrients, and plenty of rest. Seems like the hgh or like peptides would speed it up also.

I agree. TB-500 might be worth looking into. A lot of good info has been posted about it on here. I hope you recover fast.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
wow bro, sorry to hear that but glad that you are ok. hope you heal well

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
hgh, low test and low npp.

Thanks for chiming in brother, I just started test and npp the other day actually so it's great to hear you say this. I will be starting some hgh today at about 5-6iu/day.