©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Burnt out

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Any body else ever go through this? I'm just feeling super burned out right now with the whole bodybuilding thing... I'm sick of taking drugs, sick of worrying about how many days a week I can get to the gym, sick of the way contests are judged and the general state of bodybuilding as a whole.

I mean when did this whole thing become a diet contest instead of a BODYBUILDING contest? And to make it worse, at the pro level there are only a handful of guys that resemble anything I would want to aspire too...

I fucking love the shit out of training. LOVE being at the gym, getting a pump, doing the work and building a sweat, all of it. I absolutely LOVE talking about training. I could sit and discuss debate different methods all damn day.

I'm mostly, and really sick of all the damn drugs. What a fucking downer trying to pin tren and tne every day... It's not even worth it for me any more. Lately I've been skipping shots just cause I don't feel like it.

I look good right now. My weight is in the 2teens, I've got nice abs and a small waist, capped big delts, full chest, back is the best it's ever looked, legs have good sweep and cuts...

I'm really thinking about dropping doses way low, maybe a little test and a little masteron, maybe some peptides and just doing that for a WHILE.

I want to train old school and focus on my training and diet. Not try to put on a whole ton of weight but maybe just a little bit here and there. Little bit more middle back, some inner chest. Bring my biceps up a little more. Train the shit out of my abs and get some thickness there so they really pop...

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I think alot of people do at some point. When I was in my teens I wanted to bodybuild but realized my genetics wouldn't get me where I wanted to be. I love the training, the lifestyle, learning and trying tho. Gives me good overall feeling an love the attention from people even in my 30s looking better then people in their twenties. At times I needed a break to relax tho, eat whatever I wanted without caring about protein, carbs an fats. I just learned I can't do it for too long or it's hard to get back. I feel yeah on the drugs. Pinning becomes a chore at times, even with preloading for the week.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I'm semi burned out too. My everyday life is just slammed. I enjoy bbing, but it's an item that cuts into my family time. Work, I must do. Can't cut it out. Really only leaves bbing.

If I could just have a 30hr day......I would prob just be even more tired.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
When the fun stops its time to reevaluate. Let it go. When I reach one of these points, its a dead end all the way around. Drop the doses (and even training intensity and diet severity if you need to). Use long esters to give yourself a break. Your batteries will recharge in short order. Who knows, you may find new approaches that work great for you. I think what you are feeling is very normal and common.

Last edited:

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
It happens man.
I use to Worry worry worry. I would not want to do certain things afraid it would burn up all my calories lol. Not go places because I couldn't eat Like I thought I "needed to"

Im an old man now at 37. I do what I want, I eat what I want and when I want.
Life is so much more enjoyable that way! To stress out year round year after year is silly man.
If anything Pick a time and set a goal and Just do it Fucking to it!
But dont let muscle take over your life.

Dont get me wrong I will train and use supplement likely till the day I am gone.
But there just a part of my life, not my entire life or control how I do things.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
You're just letting it consume you. You don't do it for a living, nor want to. You'd be surprised how you will look pretty much the same if you train less, rest more and not worry so much about your diet. Honestly, for walking around muscle, if you're training more than 2-3x per week for about 45 minutes, you're spending WAY to much time in the gym.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Im sorry to hear that brother but it happens im just getting back into the gym after a five year break it just got to be to overwealming gym work family wasnt enough hours in the day so i gave it up for a while and man i got fat lol but its the choice i needed to make at the time. I dont regret a a single decision made and i feel like im better off having takn the break

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Im at this point now.
Runnin test prop/mast/t3/t4/proviron/GH.
I do the prop/mast 1.5cc of each eod..the gh 2xs a day.
Ive been skipping the prop/mast shots..e3d..e4d. its LITERALLY a pain in the ass.
I inject the GH in 2 tri spots..bis..n delts. and the oils in quads n ass.
Ive been on test for 1.5yrs non stop....and ran two consecutive looooong cycles.
Im sick of it...its a project everytime bc of family.
U gota revolve your life around it.

I feel ya buddy. i think it happens when u do somethn sooooo often.

Giv it a break for a bit....start up when youre ready!!

Any body else ever go through this? I'm just feeling super burned out right now with the whole bodybuilding thing... I'm sick of taking drugs, sick of worrying about how many days a week I can get to the gym, sick of the way contests are judged and the general state of bodybuilding as a whole.

I mean when did this whole thing become a diet contest instead of a BODYBUILDING contest? And to make it worse, at the pro level there are only a handful of guys that resemble anything I would want to aspire too...

I fucking love the shit out of training. LOVE being at the gym, getting a pump, doing the work and building a sweat, all of it. I absolutely LOVE talking about training. I could sit and discuss debate different methods all damn day.

I'm mostly, and really sick of all the damn drugs. What a fucking downer trying to pin tren and tne every day... It's not even worth it for me any more. Lately I've been skipping shots just cause I don't feel like it.

I look good right now. My weight is in the 2teens, I've got nice abs and a small waist, capped big delts, full chest, back is the best it's ever looked, legs have good sweep and cuts...

I'm really thinking about dropping doses way low, maybe a little test and a little masteron, maybe some peptides and just doing that for a WHILE.

I want to train old school and focus on my training and diet. Not try to put on a whole ton of weight but maybe just a little bit here and there. Little bit more middle back, some inner chest. Bring my biceps up a little more. Train the shit out of my abs and get some thickness there so they really pop...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
TT. It does happen. Have been a victim of my own goals at times.
If I stay injury free and am making good gains I rarely have that happen.
The ed or 2xday injs just gets to me. After a bad last few years with injury, family tragedy I have finally been steady in the gym since around xmas.
Been doing light trt. I feel great and make steady re-gains.I know later on I'll
amp it up but must say the training and progress have me very happy.
It is very fun again and I'm enjoying it. Perfect right now . Not looking to be cringing at the thought of the "shot(s)" for the day. 1 little poke every 8-9 days . Probably pretty much what my natty levels were at peak.
When it is a straight up chore you will burn out . take two steps back to move forward.Good luck TT i'm gonna come back to this after Easter services.
Thanks, T

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Tri Terror do in life what makes you as a person happy.If you aren't making money in a career its then just a hobby and that's only done as time allows in a given day..Take a break bro, and great thoughts from everyone too btw.. peace ib

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Take a break from it. Sometimes you just have to walk away from something for awhile if your burnt out or fed up.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Burn out in bb'ing is something I am not too worries about.. I guess cause it's a secondary love for me.

BUT- MMA and BJJ have been my identity for so long and some times I go through periods where I have no desire to train or teach.

All the injuries, all the sacrifice and hours and hours everyday... You start to wonder for what. I am half way crippled already at 31, broken back in 2008, crushed disc in my neck, both rotator cuffs torn, torn lcl, arthritis in my hips, elbows that violently pop from bursitis, the list goes on and on..

But I can never walk away from it. There is too much value and addition of self worth to be had. Nothing takes so much from you and at the same time gives you so much back.

allbeef

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 5, 2012
Great responses,

Absolutely normal and normal for everyone else in life as well. Gets a little more complicated for gear users as we jack our adrenals around an have long periods of a general sense of well being. But you pay physiologically, you have to. It can be as simple as a correction of something physiologically medically including sometimes an ant-depressent.

Unfortunately when you are in a rut it is alomst impossible to see it for what it is. Helps to talk about it on the boards and personally with people who can relate. And almost anyone can relate. Life is a very long journey and it doesnt seem to get all that easier to stay up as you get older.

Be good to yourself, stay as connected with people as you can be, and try to look up and discover everything you miss when you are stuck looking down.

Thanks for sharing, you arent alone,

AB

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Like everyone else said, it is probably best to take a break. When I am not on cycle, I workout 3x a week, and inject 250ml of test e or c one time a week, and eat pretty much what I want to (within reason). After about 6 months my joints aren't hurting, etc..and I am looking forward to a new cycle.

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012

Great post, I am going through this right now. I love to train but got sick of everything else. Also, life gets busy when you are trying to be successful and move ahead. Do what makes you happy and taking breaks is a good thing!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I was getting this off your posts at the end of your prep. You know as well as anyone this happens to the best. Don't get down on yourself:).
IMO, I think you should use this period to recover and clean out. Do what we always advise when "really" cleaning out so you don't give anything back. I would cut back from the gym and ONLY go when you feel like it. If you walk in the gym and realize your head isn't in it leave. Don't make what is suppose to be fun a job. It isn't.
Sounds like you may have a plan or two you want to put in action for the next go around. Now is the time to lay these plans out and structure the training/diet/gear to something thats livable.
Tri, put life before all this and use the training as an added benifit it brings to life! ..........just my two cents

CG

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Thanks for all the replys guys. I don't normally have a problem cutting back, but the shitty part is that I'm 2 weeks out from a show. Or I was anyway. I woke up the day I wrote the original post and just didn't care... It's not important right now.
So I'm going to slow down for a little bit here. Clean out etc. Still going to train, maybe like M W F. Some more old school style volume training. Get a good pump hit a bunch of angles, not go super heavy.

Going to stay lean so when my heart is finally fully into competing I will be close and can hop into a prep/blast and do my best.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Tri, dude, I just saw this. I'm really sorry man.

I've had this feeling lately myself. It's tough...I try to re-center and gain perspective on my goals and look deep down as to why I am doing what I am doing.

For me, it took a trip back to see the people that got me started last weekend. It got my my d right and now I have that fire again. Look into yourself and start asking questions. Once your head is there, the body will follow.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I would do what the other guys have said and what you have planned. Just take it easy and the desire will come back. It happens to everyone at some point. I went through the same recently thinking I am so poor why should I even bother trying to eat large amounts and take gear etc. We all go though such times... especially when dieting. Enjoy yourself and take it easy and take away the daily bodybuilding thoughts from your brain. You will be back stronger than ever.

Last edited:

Thor

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 6, 2012
All good advice here T

it sounds like you just need some time off man, maybe just a week or so from the gym may even do it, but something is too much for ya right now or your just sick of all the "work" that goes into this lifestyle, im older and i can relate, priorities change, but like CG said, when the fun goes out of it then somethings wrong, Good Luck man