©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Burnt out

jaltb4k

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for all the replys guys. I don't normally have a problem cutting back, but the shitty part is that I'm 2 weeks out from a show. Or I was anyway. I woke up the day I wrote the original post and just didn't care... It's not important right now.
So I'm going to slow down for a little bit here. Clean out etc. Still going to train, maybe like M W F. Some more old school style volume training. Get a good pump hit a bunch of angles, not go super heavy.

Going to stay lean so when my heart is finally fully into competing I will be close and can hop into a prep/blast and do my best.

this is always a blessing for me......when i come back.....i come back twice as strong. kick back and enjoy life for a bit. the training,the diet and the drugs aint going anywhere brother... take a breather and enjoy the hell out of it.:headbang:

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Hey Tri, if you're not doing this as a source of income and it's just a hobby, then just cut back. Wait until that drive returns! Most people have no idea the the commitment and the dedication this sport requires!! It's easy to burn out!! I've gone back to volume training and I LOVE IT!! It's so much easier on my body!!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
The mental aspect is the hard one for most. TT ease up and let the "desire" return. Use the dial down for healing/maintaining some condition.
Give your nervous system a bit of a vacation from full tilt training /diet and the other aspects. You will come back better . Take care, T..

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
Any body else ever go through this? I'm just feeling super burned out right now with the whole bodybuilding thing... I'm sick of taking drugs, sick of worrying about how many days a week I can get to the gym, sick of the way contests are judged and the general state of bodybuilding as a whole.

I mean when did this whole thing become a diet contest instead of a BODYBUILDING contest? And to make it worse, at the pro level there are only a handful of guys that resemble anything I would want to aspire too...

I fucking love the shit out of training. LOVE being at the gym, getting a pump, doing the work and building a sweat, all of it. I absolutely LOVE talking about training. I could sit and discuss debate different methods all damn day.

I'm mostly, and really sick of all the damn drugs. What a fucking downer trying to pin tren and tne every day... It's not even worth it for me any more. Lately I've been skipping shots just cause I don't feel like it.

I look good right now. My weight is in the 2teens, I've got nice abs and a small waist, capped big delts, full chest, back is the best it's ever looked, legs have good sweep and cuts...

I'm really thinking about dropping doses way low, maybe a little test and a little masteron, maybe some peptides and just doing that for a WHILE.

I want to train old school and focus on my training and diet. Not try to put on a whole ton of weight but maybe just a little bit here and there. Little bit more middle back, some inner chest. Bring my biceps up a little more. Train the shit out of my abs and get some thickness there so they really pop...

Yes this happens to me a lot after I've been on a while. Then after a week of being burnt out, I want to go back full throttle. Our brains suck sometimes

tommyguns2

Apr 3, 2013
Your post makes a lot of sense when I saw you were just two weeks out from a show. Show prep really takes a lot out of you mentally. The show is for you, you're not for the show... keep that in perspective and remember that you're solely competing against yourself, to bring your best condition to the stage. You can't control who else will show up.

Having said that, taking a step back and running a low dose long ester test for a couple months to allow your CNS to regroup can do you a lot of good. Give your body and your brain a break. Good luck!