©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Blasting Niacin for Cholesterol Recovery

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Antioxidant effect
Blood sugar control
Decrease of cholesterol levels
Detoxification
Production of adrenal hormones
Production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
Production of sex hormones
Vitamin B3 will also turn fat into energy, as it is also involved in fat metabolism.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
I'm up to 5000-6000mgs a day. Absolutely no flushing or itching and still taking liv 52 DS twice a day.

Trt is at 125mgs test cyp and 50mgs mast enan.

Everything seems to be going fine. I'm 16 days in so I'm getting bloods after 14 more days.

Last edited:

gabe walker

Dec 1, 2010
would have replied sooner, but had some problems with my acct here at anasci.

recent clinical research has shown that the increased HDL -C from Niacin is non functional and has no protective benefit from adverse cardiac events...
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_Releases/2013/03/rader/
New Research Shows that While Niacin Added to Statin Therapy Increases HDL Cholesterol Levels It Does Not Improve HDL Functionality

Pterostilbene ( a potent ppar alpha agonist)however does significantly improve your lipid profile in a equal molar, dose dependent manner to ciprofibrate, fenofibrate without dose adjustments for abnormal liver values common to fibrate therapy...
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jt/2013/463595/
Analysis of Safety from a Human Clinical Trial with Pterostilbene

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf0580364
Pterostilbene, a New Agonist for the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor α-Isoform, Lowers Plasma Lipoproteins and Cholesterol in Hypercholesterolemic Hamsters

FYI: fenofibrate has a novel action in that it also decreases myostatin expression..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21304067/?i=2&from=fenofibrate myostatin
Fenofibrate, a PPAR{alpha} agonist, decreases atrogenes and myostatin expression and improves arthritis-induced skeletal muscle atrophy.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Niacin also lowers ldl and triglycerides.

And I'm not sure I'm buyin the recent research you posted since there's tons of studies showing the opposite with niacin.

gabe walker

Dec 1, 2010
Niacin also lowers ldl and triglycerides.

And I'm not sure I'm buyin the recent research you posted since there's tons of studies showing the opposite with niacin.

Sure thing I see your point, however that link was to three very recent studies that came to the same conclusion, that the HDL-C from supraphysiological dosages of Niacin is ineffective at preventing an adverse cardiac event in the future.

While it does effectively raise HDL-C levels that may not be beneficial and maybe detrimental in the long run...

The AIM HIGH study was terminated for the same reason, "niacin/niaspan did not demonstrate a beneficial effect on the primary endpoint."
AIM-HIGH Study Overview

of those pt's that had an ischemic stroke all were taking niacin either alone or combination with a statin and all had their event up to 4 years after discontinuing niacin therapy.

Despite increasing HDL-C niacin is very pro inflammatory...

Nacin also increases homocystine levels dramatically while driving down levels of B6 and B12, in addition to significantly increasing endothelial inflammatory marker Lp-PLA2 "the reason for the failure of the AIM-HIGH failure"
Niacin (nicotinic acid) in non-physiological doses... [Br J Nutr. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI
Niacin (nicotinic acid) in non-physiological doses causes hyperhomocysteineaemia in Sprague-Dawley rats.

Abstract 16318: Niacin Dramatically Raises the Endothelial Inflammatory Marker Lp-PLA2: The Reason the AIM-HIGH Trail Failed Despite Improvements in HDL and Triglycerides -- Gundry and Epstein 124 (10021): A16318 -- Circulation
Niacin Dramatically Raises the Endothelial Inflammatory Marker Lp-PLA2: The Reason the AIM-HIGH Trail Failed Despite Improvements in HDL and Triglycerides

Of course all this is even a concern if you believe the flawed mythology that dyslipidemia the "lipid hypothesis" cause heart disease in the first place, and yes you will find hundreds of studies supporting "high LDL, low HDL = increased risk of adverse cardiac event", that does not prove causation though...

Cholesterol doesn’t cause heart disease
Highlights recent findings..

Report of the Conference on Low Blood Cholestero... [Circulation. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI
Report of the Conference on Low Blood Cholesterol: Mortality Associations.
"Reviewed 11 major studies including 125,000 women, it was determined that there was absolutely no relationship between total cholesterol levels and mortality from cardiovascular or any other causes."

See also the Framingham Heart Study and MONICA studies
Framingham Heart Study

All current and relevant research is now directed at inflammation and oxidative stress as the precipitating factors of cardiac disease not cholesterol either dietary or serum (of which there is no correlation between those two as well). High LDL, low HDL serve more as warning signs that something is potentially wrong..

And an added benefit of elevated LDL-C from a recent Texas A&M study:
Texas A&M study on Cholesterol in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh, Kent State University, the Johns Hopkins Weight Management Center and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine Bad Cholesterol Not as Bad as People Think, Study Shows | College of Education and Human Development

"Of 52 adults from ages to 60 to 69 who were in generally good health but not physically active, and none of them were participating in a training program. The study showed that after fairly vigorous workouts, participants who had gained the most muscle mass also had the highest levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, "a very unexpected result and one that surprised us."

"The more LDL you have in your blood, the better you are able to build muscle during resistance training."

American College of Cardiology
ww.cardiosource.org/News-Media/Media-Center/News-Releases/2012/03/LDL_Cancer.aspx
LOW LDL CHOLESTEROL IS RELATED TO CANCER RISK

Pterostilbene is not a "new" drug it is a stilbenoid like resveratrol, but significantly more bioavailable, nor are the fibrate class drugs new....

Besides, why would you not want to utilize a ppar alpha agonist and derive all of its other benefits as well in addition to normalizing lipids/triglycerides, but also anti cancer, neuro protective, increased lipolysis and fatty acid metabolism, oxidation, and increased insulin sensitivity, as well as anti inflammatory through NF-kB inhibition and its role in skeletal myogenesis hypertrophy/atrophy through inhibition of UPS system and atrogen1/MAFbx, MuRF1 i.e. atrophy/catabolism.

File:Human hepatocyte PPARalpha transcriptome.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Wtf? Ok. Please post this info elsewhere I don't want to argue about niacin I just want to log and post my bloodwork results after blasting it. Thanks!

No hijack!

gabe walker

Dec 1, 2010
Hey, not trying to hijack, just provided some additional info to consider and possible alternatives to meet your needs... I've used niacin in the past myself... What do they say "knowledge is......" :)

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
OK, I just ordered the top 10 most important test for a male from direct labs. Lets see what all this niacin has done after a month. Ill post results as soon as I get them.

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Cant knock Niacin either, can only post results. Major redskin here too. Hadn't heard of any side-effects before taking it, and was taking 1000mg per day.....had the reaction a few days later and was like wtf......

Read up on it, and figured out that it was Niacin flush. Went off of it, and was fine. That's just my experience....

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Cant knock Niacin either, can only post results. Major redskin here too. Hadn't heard of any side-effects before taking it, and was taking 1000mg per day.....had the reaction a few days later and was like wtf......

Read up on it, and figured out that it was Niacin flush. Went off of it, and was fine. That's just my experience....

Cool. That doesn't really have anything to do with cholesterol recovery but hey the more needless posts the better.

Fyi, next time u try something u should research the sides before putting it in your body.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Here it is....still needs some work but its improving.

-This is on 4,000 to 6,000 mgs of flush niacin a day and also taking 400-600mgs of ibuprofen a day and liver is fine.

-I have no idea why estrogen is jacked up. I took trt shot 5 days prior to withdrawal and my test is in the 800's so im clueless on estrogen.

-Also clueless on fibrinogen, maybe somebody could chime in.

-Hematocrit and RBCs will come down over time or I may just go give blood.

Attachments

• Jay Bloods 1.jpg
    Jay Bloods 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Jay bloods 3.jpg
    Jay bloods 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Jay Bloods 2.jpg
    Jay Bloods 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 43