©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Larger and less frequent calorie consumption

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Rick Draisin has a YouTube video that features Dr. Jerry Brainum, and he explains the whole 30/40 grams of protein per meal thing. It’s not exactly broscience, it’s more of a misunderstanding. Basically it’s people not paying attention to terminology and oversimplifying the concept down to a single sentence.

Someone linked to it somewhere on Anasci before, it’s a good watch.

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
You always here numbers thrown out like the body can only utilize 50g or 60g or 45g of protein per meal but I’m curious as to where they are getting this information from? I’m sure most of it is just based off what someone else tells them or maybe the fact that when they consumed a large amount of food they got bloated? I personally can consume 100-150g protein and not feel the slightest bit of bloat or fullness. Is my body able to utilize all that protein? I don’t know but I personally think regardless of if it can or not I know I can concistently get in 3 meals per day instead of trying to hit 6-8 per day and consistency usually is the best way in my opinion. I know a good amount of guys who say they eat 6-8 meals daily but it’s not very often that they are nailing that exact amount on a weekly or even daily basis.

I believe this very well may be good for some people. Cant the body only utilize so many grams of fat, carbs ,protine In one meal and store the rest for fat? what about nutrient partitioning. I take most of my carbs around my workout and taper down. no carbs at the end of the day. I also cycle my carbs I do lower carbs on non training days. I also have issues with digestion and distention. I dont think I could consume that much food in one sitting. I have worked really hard on not over stuffing and stretching out my stomach and gut. I had to work so hard to learn how to keep it in on stage, I think that might be counter productive for me. but thats just me.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
The body can absorb more protein at different times. Someone depleted who has just trained hard for 1 hour plus could utilize aminos and carbs more efficiently than if they had been sat down all day consuming meal after meal. Although there has to be a limit and getting all your daily protein in 3 meals is pushing it unless you only need a small amount for your current goals. If 3 meals per day works for you then great. I can maintain most of my bodyweight and look on 3 meals per day on trt but if I wanted to build quality muscle I would personally up my meals.