©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Amps suck

Blazed_noob

Donating Member
Sep 28, 2017
I usually save my amps for last resort if I'm running low before a delivery. I'm like a bull in a China shop with these damn things , I'm usually 50/50 with amps. Either going to crush it or get a clean break. I prefer running a file around the edges if Im really trying to be careful. I also use a 29g pin. Medlabgear is my go-to.
I'll have to try some of these other methods posted above, cause I found some primo that comes in amps and I really want to try it and not waste a bunch.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Firemike36

Donating Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
I just squeeze it, close my eyes a brief second and snap that baby off. Hoping it just the top and not the entire ampule.

I’m on a good streak rite now.

Lol sucks when they crumble in your hands, damn it! Pen caps work great, if you tape a knife or razor blade around the neck a couple of times helps.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
I like amps. But I use a 27g, makes me feel more at ease because I know some glass gets in the amp sometimes and I want that needle as small as possible

I just wrap a paper towel around then when opening. Collects most of the glass.

gdaddyg8

Donating Member
Jun 11, 2018
I don’t mind them at all. After a while of using your hands you get good at breaking the tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nattydread

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Jan 13, 2013
California
Haven’t used amps in a while. Last ones I had was omnas. I loved them. Bought a amp opener and Never had issues after that.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Yesterday I went through 3 amps before I finally got it right. First one got launched across the room when I went to draw the oil out. I guess my hand twitched slightly as I was trying to manipulate the plunger. Then I just dropped the second one straight into the sink. Finally got it right on the third one.

I’m definitely getting an amp opener. This is getting expensive.

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
Yesterday I went through 3 amps before I finally got it right. First one got launched across the room when I went to draw the oil out. I guess my hand twitched slightly as I was trying to manipulate the plunger. Then I just dropped the second one straight into the sink. Finally got it right on the third one.

I’m definitely getting an amp opener. This is getting expensive.
Oh wow...in your case, the amp opener or switching back to vials may be the best courses of action!

Only used an amp once before, for HCG. Did a terrible job opening it up...managed to snap it properly but cut my hand in the process and just had an overall bad experience. I'm vials for life now lol.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
you wrap it with gauze when you break it, there is a snap wrist thing you do. Learn it in medical. Also you should use a filtered needle to draw.

Yes - I use filtered needles for amps. You can get them pretty cheap and they add peace of mind.

I've never perfected my amp-opening technique. Sometimes they pop right off, sometimes they are completely destroyed and my hand is left bleeding (even when wrapping my hand in several layers of paper towels.

Nattydread

Jan 13, 2013
California
There pretty cheap as I recall. Don’t remember where I got this one at butt I’ve had it for years now and works great.

Attachments

• BDA9DD8E-DF3F-4AF6-8C1C-E980C84DBD40.jpeg
    BDA9DD8E-DF3F-4AF6-8C1C-E980C84DBD40.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I just bought something similar. Should b here in a few days. Hopefully I won’t have wasted too many more before it arrives.

Txmason32

Feb 14, 2018
I’ve never cared for them more to discard after use them a 10ml vial and always had issue opening them without shattering

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I think many associate amps with pharm grade so they feel better. But it's just packaging and means nothing. Everytime I put in a big amp order about 5 amps would always get broken during transit. The glass some companies use is very thin and not durable.