©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Henderson vs. Pettis Becomes New UFC 164 Main Event

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
That will be a good fight, but I was really wanting to see Pettis vs. Aldo.

Pettis seems to be back on pace again, but Henderson has improved a lot since their last match.

dpmac

Banned
Jul 14, 2013
the swamps of Louisiana
That will be a good fight, but I was really wanting to see Pettis vs. Aldo.

Pettis seems to be back on pace again, but Henderson has improved a lot since their last match.

You mean when Pettis jumped off the cage and kicked Henderson inthe face?? Lol, yea im sure he wants redemption from that fight. Imo, Bendo shouldnt even be the champ. The first fight between bendo n edgar was very close, coulda went either way..but edgar def won the rematch, even joe rogan said edgar had won.

paak

Aug 17, 2011
This will be a battle! Both guys are top notch fighters! I would have rather seen Pettis & Aldo - but this means a ton to both guys. If I gotta choose a winner - I'd have to take Pettis. I love a good match up & this is it.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I am really looking forward to this one after watching Pettis and that matrix kick back in wec this one should be good and the biggest test for Henderson yet. Henderson wants this one bad.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Cerrone isn't a good wrestler. So it's going to be a different fight altogether.

I think if Pettis sticks to a "stick and move" style plan he might pull off the W, but I think Bensons gas is much better. Who knows-?

I think Pettis would have to get a ko or tko to win- if it goes all five it's going to go to benson

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Cerrone isn't a good wrestler. So it's going to be a different fight altogether.

I think if Pettis sticks to a "stick and move" style plan he might pull off the W, but I think Bensons gas is much better. Who knows-?

I think Pettis would have to get a ko or tko to win- if it goes all five it's going to go to benson

Well i am hoping to see pettis pull it off. I dont mind wrestlers but there fights are pretty boring if they just clinch and grind the fight out with points. Henderson is much improved since there last fight... I have to give him that for sure!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

I agree that Pettis needs to stick and move and just stay busy scoring points! In this case, I don't think Pettis will need a KO or TKO to pull off the win. I think he has the ability to impress the judges enough to take it! As far as each fighters gas tank, I think Pettis has the same threshold as Henderson.

I hope it lives up to the hype...I think it will!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Who do you like between Frank Mir and Josh Barnett? I used to really like both of them but unfortunately I think though they are both at the end if there careers Josh has more left in his tank IMO.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Who do you like between Frank Mir and Josh Barnett? I used to really like both of them but unfortunately I think though they are both at the end if there careers Josh has more left in his tank IMO.

I hope it goes to the ground- two of the best ground guys in the heavy weight division-

Barnett is a catch wrestler and Mir is pure bjj those two style are nemesis!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I hope it goes to the ground- two of the best ground guys in the heavy weight division-

Barnett is a catch wrestler and Mir is pure bjj those two style are nemesis!

Has the potential to be a great fight and i agree Barnett is great at finishing on the ground but some of Mirs best subs have been from his back!!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Has the potential to be a great fight and i agree Barnett is great at finishing on the ground but some of Mirs best subs have been from his back!!

I've trained with both guys- Mir is slick, but Josh B is just so top heavy and controlling. Granted this was like 6-7 years ago when my game was t what it is today but I think Barnett is the better sub fighter

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I've trained with both guys- Mir is slick, but Josh B is just so top heavy and controlling. Granted this was like 6-7 years ago when my game was t what it is today but I think Barnett is the better sub fighter

True maybe Mir will keep it on his feet like when he fought Cormier? I like both guys so the only disappointment is one if them has to loose. For neither one can really suffer a loss and continue in the UFC. Mir has lost to many recent fights and josh is just not liked by Dana though if Barnett looses Dana may give him another fight?