©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

LIFETIME TRT BAD FOR HEART? yes or no?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Just came off after 5 years to take a break but I honestly think I may just stay on for life my only concern is that it may be bad for the heart, what do you think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
There's some contention about this right now in the medical community. A study came out a year or 2 ago that spawned a series of class action law suits. But the study was really badly done, and most reputable doctors that actually know a little bit about TRT have dismissed it's conclusion.

Personally, I don't see any problem with indefinite TRT. Technically, since TRT is meant to be a treatment for a medical condition, it's meant to be run indefinitely. A doctor wouldn't put you on and then take you off periodically for no reason. As long as your bloodworm and physicals come back good, they would continue to prescribe it to you u too you decided you didn't want it anymore.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I have personal experience with this. I was in cronic Fibulation. At first, I thought it was due to Growth and years of AAS use. Which it could have very well have been. The point I am making is when the cardiologist had numerous tests performed such as, electrophysiology (electric patterns) of the heart, valve performance (size) and size of the heart etc. Many heart tests, I literally was facing the fact I would have to spill my guts and rat my self out. The results which came back shocked me. My cardiologist informed me I had a very strong heart of someone in their early forties (im 50 now), and there was no enlargement or any leackage from the valves. Normal palqueing for my age. Basically, a healthy functioning heart. The Dr. told me he has no idea what caused the fibulation but "we" know how to fix it. So in my case with years of AAS/GH use I have a normal size and functioning heart. We are all different, someone use uses GH one time my experience heart enlargement. There are many things that are far worse for the heart than AAS, in my opinion.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
There are 2 major contradicting studies. Neither were that credible. For the most part, the medical community still says they don't know. Prescription Trt doubled from 2010 to 2013. You can't tell that heart disease doubled as well. Most Dr's still believe cholesterol is an indicator of heart disease. Trt has been shown to lower lol and raise hdl. With trt still being a bit of a black eye for many in the medical community, I'm not sure it will be unanimously accepted. Crazy how heart disease is at its highest rate ever while our average testosterone levels are the lowest. A short 100 years ago, the average testosterone levels were double that of today's, yet heart diseases was nearly unheard of.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Just came off after 5 years to take a break but I honestly think I may just stay on for life my only concern is that it may be bad for the heart, what do you think?

If you keep your health in order, BP, Cholesterol, PSA, etc.. and don't abuse your TRT dosages I personally think your going to be much healthier and happier man. I know its made a world of difference for me.

MBeast

Aug 3, 2016
I'm just starting TRT at the age of 35 (with T levels of twice my age) in hopes that it will help reduce the threat of all of the things that are "side effects" of trt that I already have because of LOW testosterone.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I've been on trt, both prescription and self administered, for right at 8 or 9 years now. I am 48 now. I get blood work done periodocally to keep an eye on my cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. I am actually better now than I was before I started on trt. Right now, I run 250mg test e per week between cycles. I am sure 150 a week would be plenty, but because I use amps, I just shoot an amp a week.

gh0st

Jan 2, 2016
Just use...dont ABUSE. there is a diffrence. a lot of these good brothers of our who are dying so young....i hate to say it but they are going a little to hard on it. 1000mgs of TREN a week with 1600mgs of test. sh8t like that. maybe im over exagerating but even half these dosages 4-6 motnhs out of eveery year is gonna do a lot of damage! ESP TREN!

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
The thing the studies don't cover to is the rest of the people in thems life most of the time......any one medication can be a benefit or a curse....a good example is these old farmers who chew ,drink, smoke ect and they live healthy lives until there 80 to 100 plus then you take some couch potato that eats a shit diet and lays on his ass all the time when he's not working if he even has a physical job of any type that dies in his late 30s of heart problems.....the difference these old farmers ate real food and meat diets and they never stopped working ,they kept there body needing to get up the next day and go again and your body adapts to that properly..... my point here trt isn't going to determine if you get heart problems I don't care what any bias study says.....trt ,your diet, your level of activity and just how you live your life is going to be what determines your out come in anything you do

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
The thing the studies don't cover to is the rest of the people in thems life most of the time......any one medication can be a benefit or a curse....a good example is these old farmers who chew ,drink, smoke ect and they live healthy lives until there 80 to 100 plus then you take some couch potato that eats a shit diet and lays on his ass all the time when he's not working if he even has a physical job of any type that dies in his late 30s of heart problems.....the difference these old farmers ate real food and meat diets and they never stopped working ,they kept there body needing to get up the next day and go again and your body adapts to that properly..... my point here trt isn't going to determine if you get heart problems I don't care what any bias study says.....trt ,your diet, your level of activity and just how you live your life is going to be what determines your out come in anything you do
Great response bro

gh0st

Jan 2, 2016
havnt touched tren in a while i have been all about the prio latly@! and love the stuff!

faight

Feb 17, 2017
Just use...dont ABUSE. there is a diffrence. a lot of these good brothers of our who are dying so young....i hate to say it but they are going a little to hard on it. 1000mgs of TREN a week with 1600mgs of test. sh8t like that. maybe im over exagerating but even half these dosages 4-6 motnhs out of eveery year is gonna do a lot of damage! ESP TREN!

What damage can tren do?
I understand it wasn't meant for humans

j2048b

May 11, 2013
I believe trt can lead to issuez if one is nit careful, i also believe everything is based upon ones genetic code and issues such as genes etc, if u hve a predisposition to something that effects the heart etc it maybe bad eventually, like me:
Im nit even 40, and threw a dvt in my left cable, it dissolved in 2 weeks but ive had to go thru hell on an anticoagulant and then will need a ton of bw, doc said it was due to my line of wirk, having my knees bent underneath me for hrs a day, along w trt and thick blood, so ya a lot of factors can play into anything i suppose, but we have to take responsibility for any inherent risks associated with our decisions

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

faight

Feb 17, 2017
I don't know about heart but I've heard that elevated test levels is related to higher testicle cancer risk, not true?

johnnythunders

Donating Member
Jun 8, 2017
I've questioned this myself. I'd love to see the data that gives us a definitive answer. "Too low" or "too high" testosterone both come with their own set of problems depending on the person. IMO proper management and blood work is key. Especially in the longterm.

For me, higher doses cause my HCT to sky rocket. I was originally prescribed 200 mg cyp weekly. I hear that number thrown around a lot in the trt community. 200 mg puts me well over 1500 ng/dL. I begin to have issues with elevated HCT at TT levels over 1100 ng/dL. Trying to pump blood with the viscosity of wet concrete through microscopic capillary beds can put tremendous strain on the cardio system. Potential clotting.

Then there's cholesterol. I've never had any issues with HDL/LDL. My cholesterol is always solid. High or low test may cause cholesterol problems for some men.

Every individual responds differently just like rangerjockey's experience. Aon1 and Sully nailed it. Proper dose management and healthy lifestyle goes a long way.

I feel much better than before I started treatment. The way I look at it.. I wouldn't want to sacrifice my quality of life over a longer life anyway.

IRONFIST

Apr 20, 2007
I've questioned this myself. I'd love to see the data that gives us a definitive answer. "Too low" or "too high" testosterone both come with their own set of problems depending on the person. IMO proper management and blood work is key. Especially in the longterm.

:yeahthat:

Trainhard1619

May 26, 2017
No, I think keeping your bio identical hormone levels up is actually better.....I think hormone levels crashing actually harm you worse

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
No, I think keeping your bio identical hormone levels up is actually better.....I think hormone levels crashing actually harm you worse

:yeahthat:

Keeping a healthy test level is good for health. Now when guys add in tren or dbol that is different. But long term trt at the lowest possible dose has many more good than bad points.