©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Nates being serious

Nate

Dec 30, 2003
a few months back i really fucked up my right hamstring doing Unilateral leg press's, my doc told me that i tore it off the Semimembranosus tendon, not all the way but a good portion of it.( I never had surgery like she wanted me too) It hurt like a bitch for a good week or so and then the pain started going away pretty quick.Its not all the way healed but i still have a weird discomfort that keeps me a lill worried to sayy the least. Ok enough babbling heres my question.

I did light deads and light stiff leg deads along with standing leg curls (unilateral) and lying curls compound and unilateral. Ive been doing Pilates'( yeah whatever STFU!) to help with my ROM and flexibility and it seemed to work ( hell mybe my lil cycle had a little to do with it) Anyways, i really dont feel any "more" discomfort than normal, Do you guys think i'm stupid for attacking a supposed tear in that fashion? should i only stick to the basic compound movements?

This may seem like a silly question and maybe its more of me wanting to hear what i already know but i would rather hear it from the people that lift rather than an out of shape doc that has no clue to what goes on in a gym.

any thoughts are appreciated.

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
I'd say just ease back into it, but I'm no doc. I hurt my rotator cuff a little over a yr ago, I didn't even see the doc.......because the pain went away pretty fast. I just could not do flat benchpress for about 2 months, then I eased back into it. I'd say take it light though Nate.

Nate

Dec 30, 2003
the reason i'm not to worried about it is that i can do squats ( i go rock bottom) leg press and pretty much all my normal quad movements without any discomfort or pain. I stayed away from hamstring work ( i seperate quads and hams by 2 days) for about 2 months, a month ago i started Pilates' and now only have a little discomfort. since its under my butt cheek i'm not able to even see or feel a knot or anything else. I'm not so sure that i tore it, i guess thats what i'm trying to say. As far as going slow.....well....i think i have for the most part and the reality of it is i'm basically forced to since their not nearly as strong as before.......i can still hear that pop sound and remember that intense fire that went from my ass to my toes,it's very fresh in my memory.......i dont know, we'll see how it goes <_<

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
Be careful and good luck. For me squats and deads are out, I had back surgery 10 yrs ago and that ended those lifts. But yours sounds like my shoulder, I eased back into it and seem to be doing fine. Every once in a while it will start to hurt and I just take it easy that day then.

Nate

Dec 30, 2003
i like to think that i'm pretty in tune with my body and listen very carefully to it (unless i'm drinking then it needs to STFU) So i think i'm ahead of the game because of it....we shall see.

would you like me to post a pic of my ass to see if you can see anything wrong with it???? :huh: :eek: :unsure: :blink: :lol:

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
<!--QuoteBegin-Nate+Jan 20 2004, 09:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nate @ Jan 20 2004, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

would you like me to post a pic of my ass to see if you can see anything wrong with it???? :huh: :eek: :unsure: :blink: :lol: [/b][/quote]
No Nate......I'll take your word for it. You post a pic of your ass and someone probably will ban you...lol