©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anderson Silva Wants Weidman Rematch This Year!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Dana said he'll bump the Rousey/Tate fight in December to the Superbowl weekend so Silva can have his rematch this year! Weidman wants the rematch as well!!

Here's the link...

Sources: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year - MMA Fighting

Anderson Silva wants to fight Chris Weidman again after all, and he wants the rematch to happen sooner rather than later.

According to sources very close to the former UFC middleweight champion, Silva changed his tune about not fighting Weidman again just hours after he was knocked out by Weidman at UFC 162 on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The sources said they have never seen Silva so motivated to fight someone, and that a little over 24 hours after the loss Silva was jokingly wishing the rematch could happen this week. That's how badly he wants to avenge his loss to Weidman.

The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the rematch has yet to be announced by the UFC, said Silva's preference would be to fight Weidman again this year, not in February, as has been discussed by UFC president Dana White.

White told the Los Angeles Times earlier this week that he was contemplating bumping the Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate fight from Dec. 28 to Feb. 1 because he didn't want Weidman vs. Silva 2 to be in the shadows of the Super Bowl, which takes place Feb. 2 in New Jersey. Weidman said on CBS Sports Radio on Wednesday that White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta told him earlier this week the fight would take place in either December or February. The new champion has already stated on numerous occasions that he wants to fight Silva again, too.

Immediately after UFC 162, Silva surprised the MMA world when he said he had no interest in fighting Weidman again for the belt, however, White correctly predicted Silva would change his tune.

Now the only question remains is when and where potentially the biggest fight in UFC history will take place.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I didn't think he would wait around too long before wanting to redeem himself.

paak

Aug 17, 2011
I love Silva. Weidman will not beat him a second time. Sometimes a good KO is all it ironically takes to wake up.

dpmac

Banned
Jul 14, 2013
the swamps of Louisiana
I cant stand Silva! Hes a disrespectful douche with all that dumb crap he pulls like puttin his hand down and tellin the guy to hit em..well this time he got what he asked for! His days are over, hes gettin old in fighting years. Just like what happened with bj penn, chuck liddell, and matt hughes...eventually a younger, stronger,& better fighter will take ur spot on top. I thought it was gonna happen when Chael Sonnen beat his brains out for 5 full rounds..ive never yelled at my tv like i did that night before, lol.

The only fight id be interested in watching silva in would be a "super fight" between either , him & j jones, or silva & gsp, both of which are very unlikely.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I cant stand Silva! Hes a disrespectful douche with all that dumb crap he pulls like puttin his hand down and tellin the guy to hit em..well this time he got what he asked for! His days are over, hes gettin old in fighting years. Just like what happened with bj penn, chuck liddell, and matt hughes...eventually a younger, stronger,& better fighter will take ur spot on top. I thought it was gonna happen when Chael Sonnen beat his brains out for 5 full rounds..ive never yelled at my tv like i did that night before, lol.

The only fight id be interested in watching silva in would be a "super fight" between either , him & j jones, or silva & gsp, both of which are very unlikely.

There's always a changing of the guard but I don't think Silva's time is over yet! Weidman definitely has a chance to beat him...On the ground, but if they stand up I think Silva will finish him this time.

I can see Silva fighting Jon Jones...There's already been talk from each fighter saying they would do it. St. Pierre vs Silva won't happen.