©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Are you an angry person ?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
* Heart disease linked to anger, hostility

New research from Ohio State University has identified a possible reason as to why high levels of anger and hostility are linked to an increased risk of heart disease. It is one of the first studies to look at the impact of psychological and behavioral factors on a blood chemical that is associated with coronary heart disease.

Homocysteine tests*revealed that men and women who experience more feeling of anger and hostility than usual also have higher levels of homocysteine, an amino acid in the blood, too much of which can lead to a higher risk of heart disease and stroke.

"Many studies have shown hostility and anger expression to be potent risk factors for coronary heart disease, but this study is the first to suggest this potential explanation for why they are linked to CHD," said Catherine Stoney, coauthor of the study.

Researchers examined blood samples from 31 unmedicated, healthy men and 33 women. The subjects were given a survey to assess their levels of hostility and anger and how they expressed each. Subjects who experienced above average hostility also had levels of homocysteine that were higher than those of their peers.

The report also examined the difference that gender made on the results of homocysteine tests. As with other studies, men were shown to have higher levels of the chemical than women. Stoney theorized that this is because men hold in their anger more than women do.

Stoney had previously found that psychological stress can have a significant impact on homocysteine levels, causing them to spike temporarily. She noted that homocysteine levels could be linked mostly to stress, since particularly hostile individuals report more life stress.

How to combat high homocysteine levels
The report noted that homocysteine comes from animal protein, and it is usually broken down by folic acid and vitamin B. However, the American Heart Association does not recommend using supplements to combat high levels of the amino acid, since they have not confirmed them as a major cardiovascular disease risk factor.

Instead, the AHA suggests eating a balanced diet that heavily consists of vegetables, whole grains, fruits and low-fat or fat-free dairy products. They noted that the daily recommended intake for folic acid is 400 micrograms, and it can be found in citrus fruits, vegetables, grain products and tomatoes.

So before u snap may want to look at into the reasons why..

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Thanks for the post IB. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention. It's that damn tren's fault anyway!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I'm pissed because Im not getting back a refund and I owe 2k. But that's not what really pisses me off. I can't ride the IVG train now!

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
interesting, seems logical, not to mention increased bp as well...i think i heard somewhere that most people are low on folic acid too which is interesting since it breaks down homeocystine....gotta meditate like a zen monk and be one with the earth and its inhabitants and walk a godly path and you will be just fine haha

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I used to be really angry when I was younger. Then one day I figured out how to not give a fuck, and I've been in that headspace ever since. I started driving a lot slower when I stopped caring, too. Haven't been pulled over or been written a ticket in years. Even Tren doesn't get my temper up.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I used to be really angry when I was younger. Then one day I figured out how to not give a fuck, and I've been in that headspace ever since. I started driving a lot slower when I stopped caring, too. Haven't been pulled over or been written a ticket in years. Even Tren doesn't get my temper up.

Your a wise man. Now I only give a fuck about is what REALLY matters! :)