©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

LIFETIME TRT BAD FOR HEART? yes or no?

Thaistick

Mar 5, 2016
According to the prevailing opinion in the studies I've read true HRT is beneficial compared to low testosterone.

Thaistick

Mar 5, 2016
According to the prevailing opinion in the studies I've read true HRT is beneficial compared to low testosterone.

Please note that I'm not referring to supra-physiological doses, but only exogenous testosterone and whatever else is needed to balance out the hormones such as HCG, or dhea and pregnenolone.

Massive G

AnaSCI VIP
Apr 3, 2016
No way that hypo-gonadism is bad for the heart -it gets worse as you age and can't recover, like when you were younger freaking test levels drop DHT and estro and even progesterone can rise as men age based on lack of testosterone.

Bighank

Feb 9, 2018
Bloodwork.and quality of life comes to my mind.where is the line ya know.iv been on trt for 8 years im only 38.this is due to staring aas at age 16.i know stupid.but none the less i did it.so trt is my own doing.this being said i tried to recover and my test # didnt budge.i gave it 2 years natty and felt like shit.so im on trt for life, and still find it tempting to do a higher dose and other compounds.every time i do i feel like shit.so point being i think it could have effects on the heart or whole cardio system, but it a risk to benefit factor to me.so from now on for me trt and low dose winni or gh.its about quality of life.find the sweet spot and stick too it.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
I am 58 been on TRT for 17 years. I can do more physical activities then most guys my age. Does that mean it is good for me to be doing more. Time will tell. There are no long term studies showing it adds years or is healthier. The literature seems to point that way but there are no guarantees. But those that start TRT will often try to make a case that it is right. I have made my choice and will see what happens.

kevin666

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2018
I couldn't tell you if long term use will show that TRT is bad for the heart.

I can say that my quality of life is better... in fact I would go as far a to say I would rather shave a few years off at the end and have a better quality of life.

What a person can do is be vigilant in monitoring their bloodwork while on TRT and keep your numbers in check, we really just don't know about long term, but you can be active in monitoring your bloodwork and try the best you can to keep things in check