©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New GW-501516 studies done!

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Most of the cancer talk came from massive doses and later studies showed it's not a cancer risk. It's impossible to know for certain but I think we are safe using this at the standard doses.

Lon Chaney

Jun 13, 2013
Cancer risk kept me away from this one as well. Going to keep an eye on future studies for sure
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

found these qoutes...

"the rat study actually used outrageous levels of Cardarine, not normal amounts. I believe the amount was around 10,000 times the normal dosage. The equivalent amount of aspirin to a human would be deadly. The rat study was way off and men have now used Cardarine every day for over a decade without side effects. can prevent the average male from needing a series of cardiovascular meds, ED meds, Cholesterol Meds, etc etc. This is the reason they are suppressed by the FDA. Big pharma knows the results."

"as far as the cancer link goes, not only is the dose high, but PPAR agonists are known to cause cancer in rats and not humans. If you give a rat one of the fibrate drugs like lopid, their livers fill with cancerous too."

also you know GW501516 Cardarine - often gets grouped with SARMS however it is technically a PPAR Modulator.

so...

"this doesn’t happen in humans because PPAR agonism doesn’t actually cause proliferation of peroxisomes. That only happens in some lower life forms like rats. Their number of peroxisomes shoots up, causing vastly increased oxidative stress which fries their dna and causes cancer."

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Actually if you read the study its an anti-cancer if anything

Big fan of GW
Exactly. Just another "Big Pharm" tactic to keep people away.

I don't even use this stuff for the cardiovascular effects....and it gives them no doubt.

I use it for the lipid effects.

This is my 3rd run with it since last year. In that time frame....I put on 30+ lbs of weight (muscle memory) and my lipids improved.

LDL and Triglycerides dropped....and pretty much maintained my HDL during my 8 week "blasts".

Granted I don't use orals and stay on the safer side of compounds I do use.....but it's the first time I ever had total cholesterol drop while gaining so much bodyweight.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
Very interesting read. Thank you for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
I still use GW50 on a regular basis. It really helps my cardio and, as RMTT mentioned, it can really help your lipids. Remember this when you go to use lipid crushing things, like SDrol and such.

Also, I think it should be considered a must include item when using Tren, since Tren smashes your cardio endurance. I think adding some Kratom when using Tren should also be required - it will reduce divorces and jail times. :)

fishboy

Dec 28, 2012
I still use GW50 on a regular basis. It really helps my cardio and, as RMTT mentioned, it can really help your lipids. Remember this when you go to use lipid crushing things, like SDrol and such.

Also, I think it should be considered a must include item when using Tren, since Tren smashes your cardio endurance. I think adding some Kratom when using Tren should also be required - it will reduce divorces and jail times. :)

I started using it for the cardio endurance but haven’t noticed any difference. I’ve continued to use it hoping it is helping with lipids. What amount are you taking that you notice a difference in cardio?

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
I started using it for the cardio endurance but haven’t noticed any difference. I’ve continued to use it hoping it is helping with lipids. What amount are you taking that you notice a difference in cardio?

I see good results at 20mg a day, but I found my personal best bang for the buck is at 30mg a day.

There are non-responders to GW50, so it is possible you are one of them. That would be sad, I love it.

Sparkss

Aug 19, 2018
Any known plans for human studies? Or all rat and/or invitro studies at this point?

Sparkss

Aug 19, 2018
I just answered my own question: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00158899

Detailed Description A multicentre, two-staged with interim analysis, parallel, randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study of the safety, tolerability, and effects on plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDLc) of 12 weeks treatment with 2.5mg, 5mg and 10mg daily doses of GW501516 in subjects with low HDLc
Study Type ICMJE Interventional
Study Phase Phase 2
Actual Enrollment ICMJE 424

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Actually if you read the study its an anti-cancer if anything

Big fan of GW

Most of the articles I had read early on read otherwise but now I'm seeing the complete opposite, a possible anti-cancer like effect. This stuff is interesting and I've still yet to run it myself.

phoenix13

Nov 28, 2007
What is extremely encouraging is that it is in Phase 2 clinical trials. That means it was safe enough to continue pumping money into researching it. If it was linked to causing cancer as the older (super high dose) study made it out to be, it would have never made it to Phase 2.

Phase 1 is for basic safety.

Phase 2 is for further research into safety AND how well it works for what they want it to work for.

Phase 3 is to compare the new treatment (the drug being studied) to what is currently being used and available.

Phase 4 is for long term effects of a drug, and starts after FDA approval.

(This may be common knowledge to you guys, but I only learned it recently.)