©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Finishing cut with Lantus. 19 days left!

JITB

Jun 8, 2015
Back from the dead. Again, food poisoning sucks!

2 days, back on track. Almost nothing news worthy to report. Scale is the same (trust it as far as I could throw it). However there is one thing, my pants are looser. I'm going to give it 3-4 more days before I say "for sure". Think I'll break out the tape measure tomorrow AM.

Lantus still at 30 IUs a day.

JITB

Jun 8, 2015
Another day of nothing really interesting.

AM BS was 91.

Didn't break out tape measure due to common keto side- 3 days backed up. Finally went early evening.

I seem to be handling 30 IUs of Lantus just fine now, but I'll go 1 more day at 30 and wait until Saturday to increase to 35. (off work).

Santilaps

Feb 27, 2018
Man aren't you scared of going hypo in your sleep? Did you do keto before starting the Lantus? How long?

JITB

Jun 8, 2015
Man aren't you scared of going hypo in your sleep? Did you do keto before starting the Lantus? How long?

Simple answer- no. Do understand now that the body does have to get used to being in Keto.

30 IUs/20 = 1.5 IUs an hour.

I've done keto/TKD for years on end earlier in life. Even recently I've never (can't do anything diet wise) where carbs are high. Everyone is different and me and carbs just seem to not get along.

JITB

Jun 8, 2015
To add to the above and if memory serves correctly. I think in one of CG's post he says to start keto and then later (like at least a week) then add Lantus.

CG- please correct me if I got that part wrong.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Pants are looser is always a good sign but why aren't you going to the toilet. Any other changes? How is your training looking?

JITB

Jun 8, 2015
Pants are looser is always a good sign but why aren't you going to the toilet. Any other changes? How is your training looking?

Toilet problem resolved.

Thought long on your question and this are my thoughts (which you made me think).

First Keto - just forgot how hard this is till your body makes the conversion. Then it's just part of the routine.

Training- this is interesting and then again "no". Heart rate is raised post Lantus shot. If I do cardio before the shot, heart rate will be about 15 beats slower than after. Also, I'm no longer a believer that fasted cardio burns more calories over all.

Lifting- stronger. By a noticeable amount (remember I'm nearly 60, ouch did I say that out loud ?). Now, is this because I dropped a high dose Deca/Mastron with extremely low dose test/moderate tren? I wish I could say for certainity but I can't. Could be the Lantus. Remember I'm cutting too. And for those people who say this is why they only change one thing at a time- good for you! I'm too close to meeting my maker (tick, tick, tick).

So what did I learn? I like Lantus and am looking forward to including it in my upcoming blast. But not the way I drew it up on paper. Will include it on lifting days only. Reminds me of the advise DC gave about between lifting cycles, try new exercises first before incorporating them in. I shook the tree on Lantus and think I found the best way it benefit me.

Thanks again Odin for making me reflect!

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I also know how changes in diet can effect things. The body doesn't like change. It looks like you have learnt a lot during this cycle and that is only a positive thing. Moving forward you will know how to implement it for the best results. I enjoy reading about other guys experiences with unusual methods.