©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First Time Inslin User

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Also it is just a little tiny jab with a 31g needle. A glucose meter costs $10. If you can handle IM injects EOD there's no reason you can't handle a glucose meter. It is better to be on the safe side. I see no reason not use a meter.

Additionally, you can fine-tune your Carb intake to match your body's reaction to the slin. You'll also become aware of when you're getting insulin resistant (which you will) and know that you'll have to handle that. Otherwise it's pretty much just a black box.

It's really cheap and easy and the data is extremely valuable. My 2 cents...

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Good luck on slin. For me, the 10 g carbs per 1 iu insulin was way too much.

But, be careful. I would take pre w/o, gym, then home. One night after gym I made a quick grocery trip. Got carried away talking to old high school buddy and started getting dizzy. By going to grocery store, I threw my timing off. Thankfully I kept some of the glucose tabs with me. No probs then.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Man I think I'm gonna finally try log, I've got r now but for my next bulk I may give it a shot.

DNukem

May 29, 2013
Also it is just a little tiny jab with a 31g needle. A glucose meter costs $10. If you can handle IM injects EOD there's no reason you can't handle a glucose meter. It is better to be on the safe side. I see no reason not use a meter.

Severe Hypo causes brain damage, not minor Hypo for the moment, i didnt even go full blown I kept sugars in me and I have candy all round me man LOL so if i feel the slightest bit hypo down goes my OJ and a few sour patch kids. and some protein!

DNukem

May 29, 2013
Additionally, you can fine-tune your Carb intake to match your body's reaction to the slin. You'll also become aware of when you're getting insulin resistant (which you will) and know that you'll have to handle that. Otherwise it's pretty much just a black box.

It's really cheap and easy and the data is extremely valuable. My 2 cents...

Hmm so using it makes you able to control slin resistance... Thats what Im confused on how to do.. :\ If i were to buy it.

And im also only gonna use it 3x a week. Post workout

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
3x per week you can use forever. There is no worry about resistance. Once you get to know how many carbs work for you in that window, it's as easy as taking a multi vitamin. Good luck, enjoy the benefits !

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Hmm so using it makes you able to control slin resistance... Thats what Im confused on how to do.. :\ If i were to buy it.

And im also only gonna use it 3x a week. Post workout

You become aware of your changing insulin resistance and can cut back on the slin or up the weight-based cardio or add metformin or berberine to manipulate it.

3X a week you should be fine. I try doing stuff 3X a week...lasts about a week. :)

DNukem

May 29, 2013
You become aware of your changing insulin resistance and can cut back on the slin or up the weight-based cardio or add metformin or berberine to manipulate it.

3X a week you should be fine. I try doing stuff 3X a week...lasts about a week. :)

So with metformin I could run 15iu slin daily with no worries of resistance? Damn wish I knew where I could get it

Berberine seems like a plant.. Legal right? Where can I get berberine an how much should I take while slinning and when. Let me know bros

Last edited:

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
So with metformin I could run 15iu slin daily with no worries of resistance? Damn wish I knew where I could get it

Berberine seems like a plant.. Legal right? Where can I get berberine an how much should I take while slinning and when. Let me know bros

Yes berberine is legal
GlycoX 500 with Berberine HCL 500mg 60 Capsules:Amazon:Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411HOFbSxTL.@@AMEPARAM@@411HOFbSxTL
and you can find metformin if you search around.

DNukem

May 29, 2013
Would it be bad to take 10iu slin in the am I ordered berberine. And 5 iu later PWO?

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
glad you are researching, asking and starting at a low dose. i personally like humulin R and had great success running it at 12iu 2x a day 2 days a week each shot was 12 hours apart and one was prior to workout and i simply carried a home made brown rice protein drink with glutimine and honey but i also was running a solid cycle and 8iu EOD of Rips. i even think 3 days a week is ok as long as you have off days in between.

VP

DNukem

May 29, 2013
glad you are researching, asking and starting at a low dose. i personally like humulin R and had great success running it at 12iu 2x a day 2 days a week each shot was 12 hours apart and one was prior to workout and i simply carried a home made brown rice protein drink with glutimine and honey but i also was running a solid cycle and 8iu EOD of Rips. i even think 3 days a week is ok as long as you have off days in between.

VP

True that, I found some metformin I just don't know how to use in conjunction with slin

pieguy

Oct 25, 2012
I would adjust your intra workout nutrition to better suit your insulin usage. Optimally, you want to use a mix of hydrolysates (casein + whey) or hydro whey if budget is tight. If you can't afford that, then i'd stick to isolate + bcaa/eaa's.

Here is the best insulin protocol I've seen as of late, designed by Mike Arnold.

45 minutespre-workout: 15 IU Humulin R.

20 minutes pre-workout: 50 grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 20 grams Glycerol monostearate. 3 grams Leucine. 5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate. 2 grams Beta alanine. 3 grams Taurine. 500 mg Potassium. 1 gram Vitamin C.

60 minutes after 1stshake: 50 grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 3 grams Leucine. 5 grams Micronized creatine. 2 grams Beta alanine. 3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes after 2ndshake (the workout will likely be finished bynow): 50grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 3 grams Leucine.

Personally, i dumbed it down due to excessive costs and pin 45min preworkout, then sip on a shake of 100g dextrose, 50g hydro whey, 5g leucine, 10g creatine. I eat a low fat meal 2 hours before working out and after working out, eat anther low fat meal.

You can add glutamine to any insulin protocol to reduce the amount of carbohydrates you need because glutamine regulates blood sugar levels. So if you're trying to keep carbs lower, add 10-15g of glutamine to a shake and try 7g/iu and then 5g/iu of bcd's or dextrose.

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
seems like you know what you're doing pretty well.

no need to slam a coke with an injection of R. It really doesn't start to kick in hard until 1-1.5 hours after you inject.

Also, you are correct about the fat thing in that it has been way blown out of proportion. Don't be afraid to eat lean meats or whole eggs while the slin is active. Definitley try to eat lower fat, but no-fat is definitely not necessary.

I've also never noticed resistance even on 45iu's per day. But then again, i only run it for like 2 months tops.

also I tried to get in about 2000 calories during the active life of the slin. If you're on all day, you can just kindof eat a normal, low-fat diet.

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
I would adjust your intra workout nutrition to better suit your insulin usage. Optimally, you want to use a mix of hydrolysates (casein + whey) or hydro whey if budget is tight. If you can't afford that, then i'd stick to isolate + bcaa/eaa's.

Here is the best insulin protocol I've seen as of late, designed by Mike Arnold.

45 minutespre-workout: 15 IU Humulin R.

20 minutes pre-workout: 50 grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 20 grams Glycerol monostearate. 3 grams Leucine. 5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate. 2 grams Beta alanine. 3 grams Taurine. 500 mg Potassium. 1 gram Vitamin C.

60 minutes after 1stshake: 50 grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 3 grams Leucine. 5 grams Micronized creatine. 2 grams Beta alanine. 3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes after 2ndshake (the workout will likely be finished bynow): 50grams Branched chain cyclic dextrins. 20 grams non-denatured hydrolyzed protein. 3 grams Leucine.

Personally, i dumbed it down due to excessive costs and pin 45min preworkout, then sip on a shake of 100g dextrose, 50g hydro whey, 5g leucine, 10g creatine. I eat a low fat meal 2 hours before working out and after working out, eat anther low fat meal.

You can add glutamine to any insulin protocol to reduce the amount of carbohydrates you need because glutamine regulates blood sugar levels. So if you're trying to keep carbs lower, add 10-15g of glutamine to a shake and try 7g/iu and then 5g/iu of bcd's or dextrose.

from one guy with two posts to another....

this is shit. you need some real food with insulin. If you wanna make big gains, you also need alot of food with insulin. all that creatine and bcaa's ain't gonna help you

pieguy

Oct 25, 2012
from one guy with two posts to another....

this is shit. you need some real food with insulin. If you wanna make big gains, you also need alot of food with insulin. all that creatine and bcaa's ain't gonna help you

This is strictly the pre-workout protocol and optimizing it. I slam tons of food, with relatively low fat with two other 15iu shots throughout the day, so I hear you. But in terms of maximizing intra-workout slin, this is it. John Meadows recommends pretty much the same thing with his line of products (BCCD'S + hydrolysates).

This is humulin-R, and I made no mention of the post-workout meal or any nutrition after two shakes, so you're jumping to conclusions kinda.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I suggest you eat a meal or shake 30 minutes prior to the pre workout pin so you arent playing carb catch up if hypo was to take .and suggest 5iu a day only for a week to see how insulin resistant you are bro .I can take 5 on empty stomach and be woozey and sick then super tired..just how my body is.

Usually 10gram Carb per iu

DNukem

May 29, 2013
This forum is awesome, thank you guys!

I have found that in the past few days Ive been using it ive already grown (most likely glycogen storage in the muscle).

This is what Ive been doing mostly...

1 shot of Nov-R: eat the poptarts right after

Wait 45 mins, drink a glass of OJ

While Training: Sip on Dextrose and Protein Creatine Shake.

Post Workout- 8oz chicken breast with 3 baked potatoes

Then after that I kinda just eat what I want, if anything I look leaner.

photo9.PNG

Also another question... Can i take Humulin R twice a day? I wanted to do 7iu in the morning drink a protein shake with some oatmeal.. Wait an hour and eat eggs with some toast and a banana or something and carry honey with me like I do.

THEN shoot it Preworkout (4-5 hrs after morning shot)

Would this work? Or benefit in anyway?

I hate using slin POST, does nothing for me, i really feel slin working pre workout.

STATS
5'11
I was 185 now Im 193.. I gained 8lbs in 3 days of using Slin AND i look leaner.
Arms: 20 with a pump (No joke I can prove this lol)

DNukem

May 29, 2013
Also to increase insulin sensitivity i heard taking large doses of ALA can help this?

pieguy

Oct 25, 2012
You can take humulin R three times a day easily. Some days if I know i'm beat after two days of solid training, I do 7AM, 12PM, 5PM with 15iu each time. Takes a lot of carbs throughout the day to sustain that kind of slin use tho.