©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

I almost died (LITERALLY)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
"You almost died (literally), take it easy". This is what my surgeon said to me the same day he cleared me to return to training.

Why am I doing a log? I think this will answer some key questions pertaining to muscle memory and age. I will admit I'm at a bit of an advantage though. I just had a blood test done less than a month ago and my natural test numbers after being absolutely clean for over three(3) months is 1320.A none red flag result is between 300 and 800. Nope, that's not a typo. This is after doing gear for over twenty years and staying on at times for years. After a litany of tests and stress tests my heart, kidneys and liver are as good if not better than anyone's at the age of 58. My BP is 102 over 65.

I went in the hospital for a simple procedure that evolved into a medically induced coma that lasted 14 days and resulted in spending a month in a hospital bed. I LOST OVER 50LBS OF REAL MUSCLE during this time.

The last two months have been spent reintroducing foods to my system and finding out what I can and can't eat.
I have gained 20 lbs since being released from care and will be putting the what I call the Bowl diet back into play. I spoke about the Bowl diet years ago over at PM and it works well on me. But since being home during recovery I read about Stan Effordings Vertical Diet witch employs the same things and also evolves constantly relevant to progression I will be doing his instead. He has implemented what I consider a much more healthy way (supplements) of doing this.

In a nut shell I'm starting at 6oz of ground chuck and one cup of white rice as many times as I feel hungry with at least two hours between feedings. I will also be doing all kinds of supplements between the feedings that I will go over later. Natural supplements only. I'm using zero gear until I hit what I feel is the wall for a natural (muscle memory) rebound.

So with all things on point:

Training
Diet
Natural supplements

I will fully exhaust the limits of my muscle memory.
I then plan to go low doses to try to recover the rest. I started a thread at PM about the low doses Matt Porter was doing at the time of his death and it went nowhere. It would seam the general consensus was he wasn't on that low of doses based on the additional size he has recently put on. However there was, a pattern of believing size can be maintained with MUCH lower doses. One of the things I'm hoping can be proved is that previous size(not new size) can be recovered with low dosing. We will see...…..

After thinking this over I have decided to post a picture of myself after being released from the hospital for two days. This is what near death looked like for me. I will be starting the entire program in one and a half weeks.

Warning: not for the faint of heart:

IMG_0166 (1).jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Last edited:

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Wow.. I wish you the best. Take it steady CG, you'll get back to being a monster in no time. I look forward to seeing your progress through logging.

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018
I'm glad you're logging you're comeback for us and I can't wait to see your progress. You're a great resource for our community and I really am glad to see you back at it, healthy, and continuing to do what you love.

It's also great to see your testosterone, vitals, organs, etc., in such good shape - it's my belief that genetics are our biggest determinant of how we fare with this lifestyle, and with good genetics and the right health precautions one can maintain good health into their later years. You're proof of that.

I'd love for the Professional Muscle Morality Police to see those stats just so their heads could finally explode.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
The PM "Muscle Morality Police". BIGA set the record straight with his The Truth thread didn't he?ROFLMAO. God how things have changed there. 12 years ago it was much more acceptable to be on huge cycles. Guys that knew what they were doing and just laid it out there. The thread Bulking Day by Concreter is a refreshing return to those days. Reading that reminded me of how much things have changed. NOW theres a bunch of guys spouting pure bullshit about small cycles and magically getting huge. Everyone is a super responder like Ronnie and Jay. IMO at least 75% of the guys posting pics in the picture thread are on no less than 2 grams at the time. But hey, what do I know.....lol.

I know for me to get the snap crackle and pop going it takes at least that with a minimum of orals. I hate orals and never ever pounded them.

Speaking of orals I think once I roof my natty gains I'm going to run an anavar ONLY cycle with a few things to keep lipids in check. That's what I'm thinking at the moment. This could change though.

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
^^^brother i applaud your strength & tenacity!!!!!

the pics are heart breaking, but you know what? ..i have no doubt that you can regain much of what you lost there

sub'd for sure my friend :headbang:

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I have no question in my mind you can come back easy just natural.
You need to fill the cells you have left-( as you can tell I am not getting technical)
How many do we loose permanently when inactive?
Will those ever grow back after a major trama?
Just have to open up what you have from lifting and fill them up and go from there. We need to find our own balance with nutrition
It will come back fast- 6 months and your docs will say WTF
May be a little more/ lot more technical but it's going to be an easy ride man. Every day is a pcs

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
After my accident they didnt think i would compete or walk again. Proved them wrong twice!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Glad your still with us brother, that's what matters the most. Muscle memory is a real thing and when your ready it will come back to you in no time.

johnnythunders

Donating Member
Jun 8, 2017
Wow what a phenomenal story. Glad you’re still around and sharing the tale with us. Inspirational for sure. I’ll be following.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well guys the time is growing short for the start of this whole deal. I've been banging around and found a lot of positive things to support "muscle memory" and why this should be a much easier ride than I expected. But as usual, I'm taking nothing for granite.

This vid is about five minutes and will explain it all in a nut shell...…..

[ame]https://youtu.be/DgpwijRBLDk[/ame]

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
OK, this is the next fuckup in my life. Yesterday I go for a cola Naskapi first thing in the morning. When I come out of sudation I notice a acid taste in my throat. I ask if they put anything in my throat and they say no. By noon I have a 102.3 temp and I go straight to the ER. After an upper cat scan they determine I have asperation pneumonia caused by them letting stomach aid go down my left lunge during the procedure.

I keep telling you guys my luck is "If it's raining pussy, I get hit in the head with a dick every time" and this is just another example. So I'm taking meds for this and will be for the next ten days. So my come back is postponed a little. No Biggy.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Really hard to look at these guys. I can't believe this is me. But it is............ Monday the long climb back begins. It's sooooo tempting to just hammer gear but I'm not going to do it. Only food and training is in front of me. If I need gear it will be added. But for now thats my plan. I'm also going to be adding small amounts of (hgh and insulin) with every meal. For now I'll be at 2000 calories a day. I'm going to be doing upper body lower body training five days a week. These pics show a 25lb gain over the first set in the opening post.

start over pic front.png

start over pics.jpg

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm too emmbarrased to ask anyone to help with this mess. What are they going to say? "EAT"? :)

When it first happened Bleu PMed me asking where the hell am I? My wife answered telling him I was in a coma and what happened. He was really upset and said when things are back on track to hit him up. I'm a long way from "back on track"