©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

I almost died (LITERALLY)

Rot-Iron66

Jun 30, 2017
Best of luck to you CG guy, looking FWD to your log and improvements. (Curious about the supps youll be using and why).

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I have no doubt you will achieve your goal.
Good luck

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

:yeahthat:

You know what to do it will just take some time. You will be back to normal fairly soon. As you know you can eat half the gains back then add in some aas to bring you back to where you were before.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
The log wouldn't be of much use if I wasn't honest about every thing. So heres the truth. I got completely ready to go to the gym and drove half way there. I then turned around and drove back home. I'm too embarrassed to walk back in the gym being a fucking "Starving Marven" version of what I once was. I had guys looking back at me every time I lifted my head and looked around the gym and now they will be staring for a different reason. A bad and embarrassing reason that I just couldn't face yesterday. I know I have to man up to this and just do it but God damn it's going to suck guys. The last time they all saw me I was huge and full...………...know I will be a spectacle of embarrassment.

I'm even considering staying home and just doing pushups and working with bands until I can some what put some size back on. I just have to figure this out. It would seam I figured out the entire plan on how to get back on the horse until I faced reality. Sucks to be me.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Come on buddy, you know a lot of this, whether you are healthy or not, is mental

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
The log wouldn't be of much use if I wasn't honest about every thing. So heres the truth. I got completely ready to go to the gym and drove half way there. I then turned around and drove back home. I'm too embarrassed to walk back in the gym being a fucking "Starving Marven" version of what I once was. I had guys looking back at me every time I lifted my head and looked around the gym and now they will be staring for a different reason. A bad and embarrassing reason that I just couldn't face yesterday. I know I have to man up to this and just do it but God damn it's going to suck guys. The last time they all saw me I was huge and full...………...know I will be a spectacle of embarrassment.

I'm even considering staying home and just doing pushups and working with bands until I can some what put some size back on. I just have to figure this out. It would seam I figured out the entire plan on how to get back on the horse until I faced reality. Sucks to be me.

You had a medical reason for your current status, more specifically, a life-threatening condition.

Get you ass back in the gym m-therfukker!

Who gives a shit if people look at you....you are there for you. If people you know don't understand and support your comeback in that gym, then fukk them too.

I get what you are saying, I've missed months at a time for the last many years due to stuff that comes up and inconsistency, so I know the feeling (disclaimer: I know I didn';t have a life-threatening condition), but you have to put on your old man big boy britches and go in for yourself and your health and well-being. Get in there and ease into things....getting in there is more for mental health than physical, though both will be of benefit.

I don't want to see and read another post like this again, CG!!!:banghead: :mad:

;):love1::cool:

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Don't you have other gyms in your area?
Join one for 2 months
Local ymca
Local $10 gym
Go join 1 man
Fuck your gym for now
Go tomorrow Right now
Just get back in
Way to many options not to go
Go tomorrow morning send- sign up- screw every thing and every one.
No excuse at all
You need this

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well I trained at home last night doing pushups and working with some warm up bands I have from doing shows. This isn't going to work. Tonight I'm going to put on a hoody and just go to the gym. It is what it is.

You guys are right. I'm there for me not them...………...

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Well I trained at home last night doing pushups and working with some warm up bands I have from doing shows. This isn't going to work. Tonight I'm going to put on a hoody and just go to the gym. It is what it is.

You guys are right. I'm there for me not them...………...
I think considering what happened, you'll get a ton of support if anyone knows you and your situation.

It's amazing that you're even going back considering you were almost dead.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I trained at Retro Fitness last night. A little chest , back, shoulders and arms. I'm so weak I thought the cable machine was jammed at first. I only trained on machines and went to failure most of the time. Tonight I'll do legs. I feel like a train wreck today. I'm drinking a lot of water and trying to eat well.

kavatime431

Donating Member
Dec 14, 2018
Pa. usa
Much respect, eventually as you evolve people will be asking how you did it and got in such great shape. I am your age so if you were to get anywhere near where you were you will represent a small minority of the population to achieve great fitness. you have and will look better than most half your age..stay positive and keep moving forward..

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I trained at Retro Fitness last night. A little chest , back, shoulders and arms. I'm so weak I thought the cable machine was jammed at first. I only trained on machines and went to failure most of the time. Tonight I'll do legs. I feel like a train wreck today. I'm drinking a lot of water and trying to eat well.

Good job man
You don't need to go back to your gym till your ready man.
No point at all

Gambel

Sep 18, 2009
CG, you’ve always been an inspiration to me and others. Your willingness to share your new journey in a transparent way will undoubtedly inspire many more people! Thank you!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I trained at Atalla's gym in Egg Harbor NJ last night. That's my home gym. It was unbelievable how much positive support I received from everyone that knew me. They all kept saying "just be glad you still here with us". I guess I loose sight of that at times and should stay better grounded with reality.

I did legs last night. Some guys helped me with 45lb plates on the sled. This was a good experience. Everyone including the owner kept saying "if anyone will make a come back, it's you dude". That made me feel good. Believe it or not my knees feel better this morning after doing legs. Go figure.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I trained at Atalla's gym in Egg Harbor NJ last night. That's my home gym. It was unbelievable how much positive support I received from everyone that knew me. They all kept saying "just be glad you still here with us". I guess I loose sight of that at times and should stay better grounded with reality.

I did legs last night. Some guys helped me with 45lb plates on the sled. This was a good experience. Everyone including the owner kept saying "if anyone will make a come back, it's you dude". That made me feel good. Believe it or not my knees feel better this morning after doing legs. Go figure.

See man, that is exactly what I was talking about....manjor props for getting in there and facing it like a man, brother:headbang::cool:

After the first time in, mentally it will be easier now. That's how a real gym should be...but even if there was no support, just getting in there mentally helps:cool::action-smiley-054::action-smiley-033:;):headbang:

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Hey guys progress pics will be up tomorrow. Hopefully something has improved.lol
Btw, you mentioned your coach and getting back to work with him eventually and you just need to eat. I agree you need to eat but, if you want or need any help in the mean time, feel free to pm me. I would gladly offer any advice or help any way I could but, you know what you need to do so maybe it would just be some extra reassurance.

Glad to see you're getting back until the swing of things. You're getting back up from something most people would stay down from.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Montego, that's huge of you to offer and I may just take you up on it? Your diets look Soooooo good brother. And the progress your making is fucking wild. Your really getting there.

I got in four training sessions and only the last one was kinda decent.

I think things are starting to wake back up. This may happen even faster than I thought possible? Look how my arms stared filling back in...…..

Attachments

• second week pics (2).jpg
    second week pics (2).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I had a pretty nasty accident a few years back and was unable to trine for almost 2 years. When I went back to the gym I had a hard time benching a 100lbs for reps. You have to do it for yourself and not care about anyone else's opinion.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ive been training every day this week. Upper and then lower. Im finally feeling normal being back in the gym. I have to work much harder at my diet. I'm just being lazy and not eating all the meals I should. More and more members are approaching me about hearing what happened and saying words of encouragement. That's pretty cool. Tonight is lower again and I'm ready to go. Starting to look like my traps may be waking up. The legs are for sure. Chest too.