©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

I almost died (LITERALLY)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I have no idea whats left in the tank to draw upon but you guys know I'm all in. That's my character.
What I will say is my lifts are soo far off it's not even funny. The shit I was just repping with is unimaginable at the moment. It's really hard not stepping back on the gas but I'm going to hold off until things start to flatten out. (No gains)

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Juice yet??? You nut. Hell no brother. I'm only back training two weeks now. I'm eating hamburgers and elbow pasta for most of my meals. I have four whole eggs and home fries in the morning. I'm going to switch that to 50grams of cream of rice with 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites.
The cream of rice isn't so bad with blue berries and Splenda in it.

This will be the beginning of the third week of training for me. I'm still doing a total body upper and then lower. So I'm hitting upper three times a week and lower twice.

My body weight is 184 as of this morning. If you forgot I was 152 walking out of the hospital. I'm happy with whats going on and how things are coming back at this point. I always want everything yesterday so of course it's not fast enough but with no gear and being 58 its at least coming back.

It's all coming along. By the new year you'll be back to yourself!
As for the Cream of Rice, I use sugar free vanilla Nestle coffee creamer. Makes it taste good! Just buy the big one at the store.

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It's all coming along. By the new year you'll be back to yourself!
As for the Cream of Rice, I use sugar free vanilla Nestle coffee creamer. Makes it taste good! Just buy the big one at the store.

That's what I'm talking about. Little things that make the meals go down better. TY BIO!

Last edited by a moderator:

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018
G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce is great for helping get any of your regular meals down. 10 calories per serving and comes in many flavors.

One of my favorites for helping get a ton of calories in with one meal is Enlightened Ice Cream. Calorie vary by flavor, but they to out at 400 per pint with 24 p / 76 c (24 sugar, 20 fiber) / 14 f. I'll throw that in a bowl with protein powder, flax, maybe oats, sunflower butter, etc., and I've got a 1,000+ calorie meal that's super tasty and easy to get down being so creamy.

Bob Evans mashed potatoes are another favorite. A 5oz. serving has 140 calories, 22 carbs, and 4.5 fat. Adding them to your whole food meals will make the rice / meat / etc. softer and creamier so it's easier to get it all down.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Guys, I'm having a really hard time getting the meals down. I'm averaging about every other meal. I have never had a problem eating a controlled diet before. It was one of my strengths. Now it's the opposite. If I cant get the calories in I'm going nowhere fast here.

BTW: this has nothing to do with Montegoes diet. I love all the meals. I just cant eat them all in one day yet. Whats strange is the first day I hammered them all down like a fucking champ and thought this was going to be cake. WTF?????

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Guys, I'm having a really hard time getting the meals down. I'm averaging about every other meal. I have never had a problem eating a controlled diet before. It was one of my strengths. Now it's the opposite. If I cant get the calories in I'm going nowhere fast here.

BTW: this has nothing to do with Montegoes diet. I love all the meals. I just cant eat them all in one day yet. Whats strange is the first day I hammered them all down like a fucking champ and thought this was going to be cake. WTF?????
On training days are you having the same issue?

I would expect hunger to be up right now given you're coming off the surgery and training again.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Before if I didn't want to eat I could jjust push the shit down and do it any way. Now I will start feeling like I'm going to evacuate it rapidly if I force any thing. Them working on my intestines have changed the game a little for me. I was thinking MK67 to pick up the appetite. Thoughts?

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Before if I didn't want to eat I could jjust push the shit down and do it any way. Now I will start feeling like I'm going to evacuate it rapidly if I force any thing. Them working on my intestines have changed the game a little for me. I was thinking MK67 to pick up the appetite. Thoughts?
Let's see what the body wants to do first.

I think its probably the body still trying to adjust.

You went through a very traumatic event. Then when you got mostly over that, you started training and forcing more food. It's quite possible that your body is just saying "fuck you, you're going too fast".

Let's give it a little time and adjusting before we throw drugs at it [emoji6]

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Hey just that fast Montego has hit me with a new friendlier diet that still has a calorie count that's going to move the scale! Hows that for service!

TY Montego:)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
End of week three

Well, this is the end of week three. Not much difference. Guess what? You have to eat to change things guys. Johnny needs to fucking eat.

End of week three.jpg

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Well, this is the end of week three. Not much difference. Guess what? You have to eat to change things guys. Johnny needs to fucking eat.

View attachment 24845
You look leaner then the previous week which makes sense with the eating issues. You don't look smaller despite being a touch leaner though, quads are Little more separated and delts as well, which is good. I think you lost some fullness and when you're able to get the food down you're gonna start seeing some big changes.
8f253a8f1f786fdda8d6f44ab0c4c3be.jpg

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
When you set up the side by sides you can really see anything that may have changed.
I did get a little stronger across the board on all my lifts.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Thought I would up date you guys. I'm doing much better with the diet but still having huge issues with the last meal of the night. Other than that I'm about 90% 0n point food wise.

I have switched back to Blue Taylors training for the time being. It hits all the body parts twice and has an enfaces on legs because I'm weak in the wheel department. Just coming up to speed with all the extra sets is killing me. I'm doing it but it's really testing me to say the least. There are times when I feel like I could just faint. I literally told the guys at the gym that if I go down not to hit me with a defibrillator because I just fainted. They laughed at me but I don't think they knew how serious I was being. Strange.
I think this weeks check in pics will show change because of the extra calories feeding the training. We will see. With no gear in play it's hard to expect anything. I'm always surprised seeing changes. I'm so programed. Over the years of doing gear I have mind fucked myself into believing I cant build anything without it. But muscle memory is a whole different animal I have NEVER dealt with in this extreme before.
Monte pms me to ask how I'm doing with the diet. This guy keeps it up and I'm going to believe he actually gives a shit...….lol.

BTW: I have started doing light sets on abb equipment. I feel a pain thats hard to describe. All I can say is things don't feel like they're ok. I'm hoping it's just nerves being screwed up from being cut on and things will all fall into place.

Last edited:

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Thought I would up date you guys. I'm doing much better with the diet but still having huge issues with the last meal of the night. Other than that I'm about 90% 0n point food wise.

I have switched back to Blue Taylors training for the time being. It hits all the body parts twice and has an enfaces on legs because I'm weak in the wheel department. Just coming up to speed with all the extra sets is killing me. I'm doing it but it's really testing me to say the least. There are times when I feel like I could just faint. I literally told the guys at the gym that if I go down not to hit me with a defibrillator because I just fainted. They laughed at me but I don't think they knew how serious I was being. Strange.
I think this weeks check in pics will show change because of the extra calories feeding the training. We will see. With no gear in play it's hard to expect anything. I'm always surprised seeing changes. I'm so programed. Over the years of doing gear I have mind fucked myself into believing I cant build anything without it. But muscle memory is a whole different animal I have NEVER dealt with in this extreme before.
Monte pms me to ask how I'm doing with the diet. This guy keeps it up and I'm going to believe he actually gives a shit...….lol.

BTW: I have started doing light sets on abb equipment. I feel a pain thats hard to describe. All I can say is things don't feel like they're ok. I'm hoping it's just nerves being screwed up from being cut on and things will all fall into place.
Sounds like things are starting to fall in place.

The training...... If what I've heard Bleu has his clients do training wise, 10 sets of say Squats to failure? I might be off here, I don't think that's the best route for training at the current time.

There's only so much we can recover from when we're not "on", much less operating at less then peak performance from a set back like you had.

I would suggest a pretty basic upper lower split like you were running for a while, then, when you're back to 100% mentally, physically and hungry [emoji1787], ramp that training up. If you shoot your wad now it's just gonna get harder quicker.

You can just look at the last few weeks as weeks off........ Always big opportunities to make great progress after that time off of you minimize work load while still getting the optimal results.

And yeah, I do really care [emoji6]

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018

See if you can find videos of John Meadows talking about his ab issues. I don't believe he had the same procedure you did, but he had some major surgery involving his intestine / colon / something like that in 2005 and wasn't able to train his abs for years. I recall him saying it had something to do with nerves.

When he won his pro card he had just recently started training them again. For what it's worth, when Dave Palumbo interviewed him after winning, Meadows said it could've been the growth hormone that helped his abs recover to where he could train them again.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
See if you can find videos of John Meadows talking about his ab issues. I don't believe he had the same procedure you did, but he had some major surgery involving his intestine / colon / something like that in 2005 and wasn't able to train his abs for years. I recall him saying it had something to do with nerves.

When he won his pro card he had just recently started training them again. For what it's worth, when Dave Palumbo interviewed him after winning, Meadows said it could've been the growth hormone that helped his abs recover to where he could train them again.

Ya, they fucked up my abbs bad. Talk about ugly...…….it couldn't get much worse. Shit just doesn't look right.
I have an abb crunch machine at the gym and I'm doing 4 x 50s with 40lbs witch isn't much. I'm also doing a machine that simulates a twisting motion. Kinda like swinging a base ball bat. I'm afraid to plank or really load my abbs at the moment.
This is about as fucked up as it gets. I go from training to go back to the Nats too training just to get back to looking like a regular "Joe" in the gym. This is a lot to deal with guys. I still just cant wrap my head around what I'm seeing in the mirror. The only redeeming thing about this is I'm not dead. Go figure.

Well I'll have pics up Sunday. For what that's worth...………..:action-smiley-064:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It appears that I have some kind of nerve damage to my left trap and shoulder. Looks as if theyre not responding to training at all. Litterally WTF else can go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to start just shrugging a dumbbell in my left arm for a while now. Extreme left shoulder work as well.

Forth weeek (2).jpg

montego

Feb 19, 2018
It appears that I have some kind of nerve damage to my left trap and shoulder. Looks as if theyre not responding to training at all. Litterally WTF else can go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to start just shrugging a dumbbell in my left arm for a while now. Extreme left shoulder work as well.

View attachment 24862
You look fuller this week. What's weight at?