©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hiccups from hell

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
I've had hiccups the majority of the time (day and night) since Monday evening and they are driving me crazy!!! The spasm in my diaphragm is pulsing up to 6 times per hiccup and sometimes causing some serious pain. The first 2.5 days the acid reflux was burning the hell out of my throat, but hasn't been too bad today.

My questions are: Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get rid of them?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I ran 100 mgs of var and was having horribly I just started eating a shit ton of rolaids

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
No, just 150mg Test P and 150-200mg Mast E. I think what triggered it was a couple of Mike's Hard Lemonade and some semi-spicy chili, because it started a while after those were consumed. Needless to say I will not be drinking those again.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
I get reeeeeally bad heartburn while on tren have to do 2 prilosec in the morning 2 before bed usually keeps it under control when it doesnt a shot of apple cider vinager twice a day knocks it right out taste like rotten ass but it seriously works as for the hiccups man that sucks ive never had them last more than a day i dont know what to tell you on that but seriously raw unprocessed apple cider vinager shit works brother trust me.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
I ran 100 mgs of var and was having horribly I just started eating a shit ton of rolaids

I hope the Var I am about to order doesn't cause any issues like this. I picked up some Pepsid and been eating Tums like they were candy, but they aren't really doing anything for the hiccups. Sometimes the pain feels like I imagine a heart attack would. It's like there is some serious pressure building since I am unable to burp as freely as normal.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
I get reeeeeally bad heartburn while on tren have to do 2 prilosec in the morning 2 before bed usually keeps it under control when it doesnt a shot of apple cider vinager twice a day knocks it right out taste like rotten ass but it seriously works as for the hiccups man that sucks ive never had them last more than a day i dont know what to tell you on that but seriously raw unprocessed apple cider vinager shit works brother trust me.

I used a vial of LFA Tri-Cut and the Tren A in there didn't cause any issues like this, thank God. Sorry to hear you get that problem, that would suck too!

I'll try the ACV since I have a couple big bottles of Braggs in the cupboard and some honey mix with it. Thanks!

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
I used a vial of LFA Tri-Cut and the Tren A in there didn't cause any issues like this, thank God. Sorry to hear you get that problem, that would suck too!

I'll try the ACV since I have a couple big bottles of Braggs in the cupboard and some honey mix with it. Thanks!
Thats the same brand i use brother kicks the heartburns ass every time.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Thats the same brand i use brother kicks the heartburns ass every time.

I read that it was really good for that. The only reason I didn't try it this time was due to the nasty burning I was already dealing with. Heartburn isn't something I usually have a problem with, but I did buy it to improve digestion and utilization of my food.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Update

Severe hiccups continued on through the weekend, so on Sunday I went to the doctors office. Of course he didn't know what exactly was causing it, even after a quick internet search (like I had already done). Anyway, I ended up getting prescribed 5 Nexium and some 5mg Valium. For the most part they are doing the trick and I am able to eat a little better and get some sleep too. Of course there is still sleep issues, but maybe I'll start another thread in the future to discuss that one.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lol. With Valium I'd not care what was going on....odd prescription for hiccups.. careful on some acid blockers like prilosec etc over time they raise estrogen i believe and I have an old thread on that.. stay with ginger tea and vinegar.. no milk works as older u get milk isn't that good for you..

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
The Valium is being used to relax the diaphragm muscle due to the hiccups being almost nonstop. My wife tells me that I was even doing it in my sleep, which I am sure is what was causing the poorer than normal sleep. They were going on well over 16 hours a day and making a normal life impossible. The doctors next step, if this didn't work, was to order a CT scan on my abdominal area. There was some other drug that was a computer suggested drug that might help, but for some reason the doctor said he wasn't fond of using that "outdated drug".

As far as milk goes - yeah, I found that out the hard way. Curdled chunks of milk came up during some of the more intense spasms I was having. It's hard to put into words what the last 8 days has been like without sounding over-dramatic or like a whiny little bitch, but it's been pretty rough compared to what most people go through with normal hiccups.

I dropped the Pepsid and the overuse of antiacids since I was given Nexium, which has been pretty effective for the acid reflux, and only has to be taken once a day. I've only taken 2 of those so far. Three more days of Nexium left and I can take 1-2 Valium every 6 hours, but as long as 1 Valium is working then I don't feel the need to use more.

Btw, the Valium isn't making me very 'spacey' at just 1 pill, but 2 makes me a little tired a bit more spacey.

Last edited: