©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dallas McCarver Autopsy Thread

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Wow, did you read about the doses he was doing? I honestly had no idea these guys where up over a test blood level of 55,000. LOL you read that correctly. Now a discussion of "if tren is bumping the numbers" is in play. But still, can you imagine what the brain is seeing chemically? Does a reading like that make you a cave man LOL?
No wonder the poor kid died. How can a good thing just run absolutely amuck?
A well known member "Think Tank" is arguing that "4 grams a week isn't a large dose in the same thread. I can't imagine the influence he may have over the members that have no concept and are in the full blown "I wanna be a BBer mode"? Reading the thread is like driving by road kill.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Forrest said it best, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Dallas McCarver: Autopsy

https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/dallas-mccarver-autopsy-5ec5f959163d

Dallas McCarver, IFBB professional bodybuilder, died after an unwitnessed cardiac event contributed to by of combination of coronary atherosclerosis (a buildup of plaque in the arteries) and an enlarged left ventricle (a thickening of the heart muscle that causes it to work harder). McCarver had a family history of cardiovascular disease including both hypertension and atherosclerosis.

Dallas was found on the floor in his living room with food scattered around his body shortly after midnight on August 22nd, 2017. Paramedics were called and he arrived at the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was pronounced dead at 1:03 A.M. An autopsy was performed the following day.

Noted at the time of autopsy was an enlarged liver and kidneys, nephrosclerosis (a hardened liver), heavy lungs, and a papillary thyroid carcinoma. Prior medical history includes cholesterol issues (high LDL/ low HDL), elevated aminotransferase levels, a chronic cough and shortness of breath, and childhood asthma.

His testosterone levels were within normal range at the time of death, despite having an elevated epitestosterone level (indicating testosterone replacement, though not abuse per se). Trenbolone metabolites were also present. Screening for additional steroids was negative, although he tested positive for caffeine and marijuana metabolites (neither of which are mentioned as contributing factors in his death). No other recreational drugs or narcotics were present.

Also noted (but neither tested for, nor listed as a contributing factor in Dallas’ death) was a prior history of hGH and insulin use.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I know athletes have larger hearts than the average joe but his autopsy report states that his heart was 833 grams!?!? Through my personal dealings with cardiology I've been told the average heart size of a healthy male is 295-350 grams. It's my belief though that the clogged arteries are probably what killed him especially since it was noted that one was 'severe' and another 'moderate'.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22182983

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
by: Wesley Inman

Friends: Re Dallas-
I spoke to Chief Director of Toxicology at Axis, George Behonick. What he told me is that the reference lab they use "DOES" report ranges using ng/mL. We know that standard ranges of 2.4 to 12 ngs/mL is the same thing as 270-1100ngs per Deciliter. I am told each lab chooses it's own "reference" ranges and "reporting" but this in no way changes the standard norms.
So unless the reference lab made an error in it's report, the fact is Dallas "DID" have a 55,000 nanogram level per standard reference range...aka Nanograms per DeciLiter. Since these documents are considered FORENSIC EVIDENCE that can hold up in a Court of Law..we have no choice but to assume Dallas was at a staggering 55K total level and a whopping 130 T to E Ratio.
Mind blowing for sure.

George Behonick quote:
"We do not perform testosterone/epitestosterone or anabolic steroids testing in house; however, the reference laboratory we use reports testosterone and epitestosterone as nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL). Creatinine in urine drug testing is reported as milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL, or mg/100 mL). The testosterone to epitestosterone ratio is dimensionless (that is, units are not reported since they cancel out when the ratio is calculated T ng per mL / EpiT ng per mL.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I like this post. New approach to looking amounts:

WOW, his usage of gear was more than abuse, behavior like that to me, is a death wish, not an addiction. I am so stunned by his test levels that I needed to break the numbers down to realistic ones that I can comprehend and visualize. There have been a bunch of numbers thrown around speculating on the grams of test that would result in test levels of 55k. Tom make this illustration easy to follow, I will use 8 grams as the golden number.

*8 grams of test per week equates to 416,000 milligrams per year

*4 grams of test per week equates to 208,000 milligrams per year

*2 grams of test per week equates to 104,000 milligrams per year

*1 gram of test per week equates to 52,000 milligrams per year

*750 mg of test per week equates to 39,000 milligrams per year

*500 mg of test per week equates to 26,000 milligrams per year

*250 mg of test per week equates to 13,000 milligrams per year

On something like TRT, let's say you do a shot a week or 250mg of test per week, year round. That's 13k mg of test. To reach 8 grams of total testosterone injected at 250mg per week it would take 32 years. So in one year Dallas was going through 32 years worth of TRT dosage amounts of testosterone.

For something more tangible to visualize, at 8 grams per week, running gear year round and for simplicity let’s use a standard dose and standard bottle size. 250 mg of test per 1 ml in a 10 ml bottle.

*10 ml in every bottle, 10 ml = 0.01 liters

*3.2 bottles per weeks = 32 ml which = 0.032 liters

*32 ml per week X by the number of weeks in a year (52) = 1,664 ml per year.

*1.664 liters per year or 166.4 bottles of 10 ml testosterone

*In lbs., 8 grams of test per year is the equivalent to injecting 3.52 lbs. of oils into your body each year.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
As I have always said to people that ask "more is often not better"
Most of grow nicely laying off a short time and then cycling again at a somewhat mild dose.
His numbers along with Rich Piana were insane

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Back in the day I even tried snorting test base. YIKES lol. Tell ya what, that made me feel much more aggressive than I'm comfortable being. I just can't wrap my head around having a blood value that high. How would that effect your mind? I just can't imagine.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
And I thought I was bad.....

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I know athletes have larger hearts than the average joe but his autopsy report states that his heart was 833 grams!?!? Through my personal dealings with cardiology I've been told the average heart size of a healthy male is 295-350 grams. It's my belief though that the clogged arteries are probably what killed him especially since it was noted that one was 'severe' and another 'moderate'.
I think that's the size of a gorilla heart. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA

No surprise really. He was 300 pounds and trained very heavy. Both can increase the size of the heart. He also used huge doses of aas and that can increase things even more. To top it off massive doses of hgh which if done over years could probably double the size of a heart alone. I think you are probably right about the clogged arteries being the main cause.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
This is part of the reason I am getting into classic physique much more these days. I am not stating some of them won't abuse but they don't need to like the monsters of today do. These days all the huge 300 pound guys are all pushing it and I don't think they look better than guys from the past. There is only so far the body can go. RIP Dallas.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Surge, make sure your going to look ok at the designated weight relevant to your height that you must make to compete. From what I understand regional shows are letting anyone compete at any weight. But when you get to the Nats it a entirely different deal my friend. I got snake bit badly there and will never try to draw down that far again in my life. It literally made me I'll.