©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New to the game

RAN

Jan 15, 2008
Hello.

I have allways been a skinny guy, around 1.84 cm tall and 60 kgs. The last year i have been working out the natural way and i have gained probably 5-7 kgs of muscle mass (i dont have a gram of fat on my body). But i am really not satisfied with the results. For a guy working out 3 times a week and eating reasonable quantities, is 5-7 kgs normal or too little?? anyways, i dont feel i'm satisfied with the results, but i will never use a needle, so my question is:

What would be the best product for oral use if i want to speed up the process a little?? I hope some one can help me, because this is not an area i want to move into without some advice...

Thanks, RAN!!

**edit: I dont wish to be BIIG!! I just wanna get lined up and probably gain 5,6,7 kgs more.

Last edited:

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
RAN said:
Hello.

I have allways been a skinny guy, around 1.84 cm tall and 60 kgs. The last year i have been working out the natural way and i have gained probably 5-7 kgs of muscle mass (i dont have a gram of fat on my body). But i am really not satisfied with the results. For a guy working out 3 times a week and eating reasonable quantities, is 5-7 kgs normal or too little?? anyways, i dont feel i'm satisfied with the results, but i will never use a needle, so my question is:

What would be the best product for oral use if i want to speed up the process a little?? I hope some one can help me, because this is not an area i want to move into without some advice...

Thanks, RAN!!

**edit: I dont wish to be BIIG!! I just wanna get lined up and probably gain 5,6,7 kgs more.

I really need to know your age before I can advise you best. I assume by 'I have always been a skinny guy' you are in your 20's or early 30's. For your needs and the way you word things you don't need any tabs. You can get many legal tabs that won't really make a difference. And you shouldn't be using gear until you are mentally prepared and have trained to the max naturally. Seems your just a normal guy who just wants to bulk up alittle. Therefore it's all about diet. You just need to have more protein, quality carbs and overall calories.

An effective way of making sure you get all the stuff you need are weightgainer powders. They are really good and convenient to use. Cos sometimes it can be hard to eat 5/6 meals per day. Therefore you have your 3 meals (and many snacks) and 2 shakes to make up your 5. You can buy decent weightgainers all over. I live in the UK so most of the products here are different. Just go on google and type weightgainers. Look for the reputable companies (I can't really list any on a site like this). Reputable companies will usually be the well known and larger organizations as more money has been spent on research and development. I tend to use a company that is based in the UK but would ship to the US. Ebay is excellent for getting items much cheaper but it also has a lot of crap on it. You could private message me with some products you found and I could rec the best for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I should add have you be given a decent training routine? Your 3 days a week is spot on. I assume thats Mon, Wed, Fri. You need to be working out intensely and with larger weights and lower reps. But mixing it up is key too. Like I said the key is diet and training.

RAN

Jan 15, 2008
Hey, thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear i dont really need anything but legal products. First things first. I am in the middle 20ies. I live in denmark, so i asume the UK companies would ship over here:) But what should i look for?? The highest content of protein, or am i looking for the base material it's made of: whey, egg etc?? And should i be using some carb suplement too, or will the protein shakes be sufficient??

Yes i trust the instructors at my gym in having given me a decent routine. I vary between 3 sets of around 10 reps and 5 sets of heavier weights with only 5 reps in each. Dont know if this is ok?? Yea i work out mon, wed and fri, resting the days in between and in the weekends...

Last edited:

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
RAN said:
Hey, thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear i dont really need anything but legal products. First things first. I am in the middle 20ies. I live in denmark, so i asume the UK companies would ship over here:) But what should i look for?? The highest content of protein, or am i looking for the base material it's made of: whey, egg etc?? And should i be using some carb suplement too, or will the protein shakes be sufficient??

Yes i trust the instructors at my gym in having given me a decent routine. I vary between 3 sets of around 10 reps and 5 sets of heavier weights with only 5 reps in each. Dont know if this is ok?? Yea i work out mon, wed and fri, resting the days in between and in the weekends...

Yeah although not much detail that routine sounds decent. Just use core exercises and rotate others so your routine is stable but involving. You should try one more rep each week and when you get to about 8 on the heavier sets add weight (only 5kg-10kg or so depending upon exercise). Then you go up by 1 rep each week so 4, 5, 6, 7, and to 8 again (then more weight). There are hundreds of ways though but the key is just be flexible. You should always do your cores such as bench press, squats and deadlifts. That is other thing do they have you doing deadlifts and squats? They are the best exercises for overall size. Just start of light and get used to the technique/movement etc. The technique is key for those as injury is common if not done properly. Just have the instructors go through the motions many times. I could go on about routines for hours cos there is so much info but I won't bore you. I am sure if you have been given info from more than one instructor you should be sorted.

Protein shakes won't be sufficient as you are aiming to build up. They are great anytime as protein is key to muscle development and recovery. But for you I would rec something with complex carbs in. Therefore you need to get weightgainers. Many weightgainers have the carbs too but not too much calories - you will need both from your product. I will send you a private message now with the one I would rec. Don't buy it from their site though cause you can get it on ebay for much cheaper (I use ebay everytime now). The extreme version is a mixture of the orginal but creatine too (that is also great for muscle development). As it is ebay you can just pick any seller and they should all post to Denmark. Hope it works out for you. They are fairly expensive to maintain (like all decent protain powders). Thats why food is always the key for any goal. But these products are great add ons. Plus the deal on ebay is fairly cheap. I am getting myself 6 tubs in the next few weeks. Hope it goes well.