©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

If it walks like an abscess and talks like an abscess

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Update. ??? So is that wonderful abscess all cleard up brutha? What dose of antibiotic helped it go away ?

Yeah it cleared up fine, drained it and some cipro and I was totally fine in 4 days.. I was in the gym the after draining it. My ass cheek was sore for a few days but as soon as I drained it the swelling went right down.

And I don't think it had to do with the gear. I had been using vial after vial of the same stuff- so shit happens I suppose, literally your shoving a metal needle 1.5" inches into a muscle so shit is bound to happen.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
And I don't think it had to do with the gear. I had been using vial after vial of the same stuff- so shit happens I suppose, literally your shoving a metal needle 1.5" inches into a muscle so shit is bound to happen.

Gotta ask but if your getting these often, are you reusing needles? Not cleaning injection sites with alcohol wipes first every time? I inject daily for years an never had an issue.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah it cleared up fine, drained it and some cipro and I was totally fine in 4 days.. I was in the gym the after draining it. My ass cheek was sore for a few days but as soon as I drained it the swelling went right down.

Cipro is a harsh antibiotic...Expensive too! Doxycycline is much cheaper and works great!!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Gotta ask but if your getting these often, are you reusing needles? Not cleaning injection sites with alcohol wipes first every time? I inject daily for years an never had an issue.

Haha- what do you mean? I thought we were supposed to reuse the same needle year after year? I just keep my one 14g needle in a cup full of listerine-

Yeah buddy I have boxes and boxes of supplies, this is my first and only abscess after 13 years of pinning... Shit happens. I am more sterile than probably need be too. Only pin after showering and cleaning with anti bacterial soap. Then I still swab with alcohol-

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Ill take harsh if that means the abscess is gonna be killed

My point is Doxy works just as good for a fraction of the price and half the side effects. I'm not just responding for you but for others that may not have insurance! I'm glad your abscess is gone!!

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Haha- what do you mean? I thought we were supposed to reuse the same needle year after year? I just keep my one 14g needle in a cup full of listerine-

Yeah buddy I have boxes and boxes of supplies, this is my first and only abscess after 13 years of pinning... Shit happens. I am more sterile than probably need be too. Only pin after showering and cleaning with anti bacterial soap. Then I still swab with alcohol-

Ok cool. Jackeds comment made me think this was happening more frequently. Actually my old neighbor doesn't use disposable needles. He just sterilizes them as needed.

Mega

Feb 16, 2013
looks like a sterile abcess if you didnt have any fever or redness . the body encapsulates the foreign matter( usually the injected oil) and keeps it from entering the body. i had 2 of these things, first one i tried like hell to get rid of it with massage , heating pads and anitbiotics, it got huge ( on the glutes) like the size of a egg . protruding out of the skin. After looking online to see what it was and seeing pics of how they treat abcesses in the ER, where the make a hole in the area, put a drain in and drain the fluid and then leave the wound open and pack it with gauze. i said fuck it and used a 18g pin and a 10cc syringe and got out like 100cc. And then like 20 more the next day.

Mega

mike1107

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 25, 2004
I have an abcess right now
First one in 10+ years of juicing
Going to see the doc in a few hours

Question : how bad did it hurt when you drained it ?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
looks like a sterile abcess if you didnt have any fever or redness . the body encapsulates the foreign matter( usually the injected oil) and keeps it from entering the body. i had 2 of these things, first one i tried like hell to get rid of it with massage , heating pads and anitbiotics, it got huge ( on the glutes) like the size of a egg . protruding out of the skin. After looking online to see what it was and seeing pics of how they treat abcesses in the ER, where the make a hole in the area, put a drain in and drain the fluid and then leave the wound open and pack it with gauze. i said fuck it and used a 18g pin and a 10cc syringe and got out like 100cc. And then like 20 more the next day.

Mega

Damn, that hurts me just thinking about it

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I have an abcess right now
First one in 10+ years of juicing
Going to see the doc in a few hours

Question : how bad did it hurt when you drained it ?

It didn't hurt at all, just popped the needle in where I felt the most pressure and I just pulled back on the plunger and filled the syringe.

One thing you need to aware of if you're going to drain it yourself is that you run the risk of greater infection if you're not careful. This happens when you are sticking the needle in and out and looking for a pocket of pus- what happens sometimes is you introduce pus into an area that had no infection and there by spread the bacteria to areas that were infection free. This could be very small and incremental. So best thing to do is every time you jab the needle in- use a fresh one.