©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Switch from Eq to Tren?

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Feel free to tell me I'm crazy...or on the right track.

I'm almost 55, and on my third cycle, using 500mg test cyp & 400mg Eq per week. I started mid-Sept, and was planning on blasting all the way through May. I shoot for 3000 cal/day, a min. of 100 gms protein.

My goal is to be a Bull Moose. I'm not competing, blood tests have always been good, and I've no need for 6-pack abs. Just looking for Size overall.

From what I've been reading, I'm thinking I should be on Tren. So, I'm thinking that come Jan, I'll up Test to 800 and swap Eq for 2 or 3 amps of Tren/week through May. I travel alot on the summer and my routine gets messed up, so at that point I'll drop down to about 400 mg Test until September.

Does this make sense? Am I not 'advanced' enough for Tren yet? Or would this be OK?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
First off brother, you need to up the diet quite a bit to get bigger like you want. I'm 5'9" and 190lbs, and my current diet is 6000-7000 calories a day with 300g of protein, between solid food and shakes. Since youre basically the same size as me, id reccomend trying something similar, at least 5000 cals and 250-300g protein. This has put 10lbs on me in a month on top of test, npp, and masteron. You could switch over to tren, but the sides are bad for many ppl. Maybe consider switching over to deca or npp, theyre both great mass builders. Also throw some anadrol or dbol for 6 weeks to really help blow up. Tren is amazing, but i would bet you would put on more weight with deca/npp and a mass building oral. But unfortunately the only way to find out what works best for you is to try both routes eventually...

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Are you doing 3-4 shakes a day?

Yeah 3x a day. Light bfast with a 1000 cal shake, a 2nd shortly after lunch, and a third post workout or before bed depending on which day it is. I just dont have the time to eat 6-7 times a day, but when i got a full blender ready to go its really easy to get those meal replacements in there. I make my shakes with milk, few tablespoons of peanut butter and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Gets me right around 3000 calories per blender, so works out to 3 1000 calorie shakes each day. Trust me, has made a huge difference adding those in there...

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
How are you guys eating 5-7k cals?!?!?!

I'm 205+ pounds with 6pack only on 2-2.5k .... I think I would throw up even at 4k!

:O :O :O :O

in response to OP: I would not use tren.

Use 750test/600eq/400deca for 4 months and see if you're happy. If you're not, something is very wrong BTW.. heh

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Im with these guys mc if your looking for shear mass and strength its hard to beat test npp or deca and a dbol kicker plus their not as harsh a tren...as MattG stated above gotta get the calories and protien up whole foods are always better than shakes but shakes really help you get there if your appetite isnt what it should be...my biggest downfall is getting enough protien and food in me to grow always seems like when i get my training and cycle on track my appetite tanks to shit

Last edited:

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
How are you guys eating 5-7k cals?!?!?!

I'm 205+ pounds with 6pack only on 2-2.5k .... I think I would throw up even at 4k!

:O :O :O :O

in response to OP: I would not use tren.

Use 750test/600eq/400deca for 4 months and see if you're happy. If you're not, something is very wrong BTW.. heh

You're natural. Something changes on juice. Even light doses of test. 3.5k Will usually cut a person up on gear. A clean bulk can easily be 5-6k. That would be pretty standard for a 205 pound guy 8% BF

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Matt is right, you need way more food. I'm the same size as you guys and I probably eat around 4k per day. And that's with only one shake.

I love Tren but it's not for everyone. If you do use Tren in a bulking cycle then you will really need to bump up the calories.

I'm not a fan of high dose test. I hold a shit load of water and my E2 goes crazy. And I feel like shit on it.

GnarleyDemon

Jul 6, 2014
Tren is arguably the best mass builder there is. But don't worry about jumping on tren right now you have plenty of time after the EQ is done.

I would however up your EQ dose to 600 a week.

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
Matt is right, you need way more food. I'm the same size as you guys and I probably eat around 4k per day. And that's with only one shake.

I love Tren but it's not for everyone. If you do use Tren in a bulking cycle then you will really need to bump up the calories.

I'm not a fan of high dose test. I hold a shit load of water and my E2 goes crazy. And I feel like shit on it.
I'm like you, higher Test and I hold loads of water with higher E2. What type of Test do you use, at what dose and how long? I learned about using shorter esther Tests and other compounds that do not aromatize easily. Test Cyp is too much for me even at TRT doses.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I use prop. Right now only 100 mgs but I'll go as high as 300
How long?
I never come off. I'm gonna be 50 soon.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
OK, i've decided to stay on Eq, but starting this week (week 6) I'm upping everything to 750 test/600 Eq. Thanks all....

I would consider giving blood in another month with the EQ too brother. I made the mistake of not doing that last summer when I ran it, and my hematocrit shot way up, resulting in dangerously high blood pressure. 160 over 100. Had to stop taking it and get on BP meds which cleared it up. Would be wise to donate blood if you can to keep your blood from getting too thick. Just a thought if you didn't know...

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Damn, sorry to hear that man, that sucks. Yeah, hopefully since you're already on bp meds you should be alright...

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
You should have an MD who is open to AAS use for combating LBM loss and helping T-cell count. They may not promote a lot of the different AAS choices, but they should be open to Test/nandrolone/Oxandrolone use. If not, and if you can, i'd change to a doctor who is fine with their use. I know that is easier said than done though. They should be monitoring your blood panels anyway, and if they see an increase in Hct, they will know to take blood.

For your question directly, i'd opt for the test/eq, but i'd add in NPP. Tren is great for all goals, but I usually prefer to save it for cutting phases, or leaning up some.

If you can add in HGH, that will help as well. If you are taking any of the HIV meds in addition to HGH, you will also need to monitor your blood glucose levels.

I went off topic some, but hopefully answered it using my opinion in the process.

IMO, everybody will be different in the caloric intakes to gain LBM. I can eat between 3-4,000 kcals per day and reach 300#. Some have to eat more. I'd probably recommend gradually increasing calories and protein intakes slowly as time goes on.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Quick responses:

I have blood panels done every three months. My T-Cell count is better than most healthy people, Undetectable Viral Load, low cholesterol, blood pressure normal (usually 120/70, w/ medication), no blood glucose problems at all.

Doc knows I use AAS, and is OK with Test (but wishes I'd use less.) We have a very open dialogue.

Several guys have recommended "NPP," but I have to admit, after all these years on the boards - I'm not familiar with it - what is it?

Lastly, Deca is OUT of the question. I used that on my first cycle and suffered from deca dick really bad. I'm too...er..."active" for that shit....lol