©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Figure Competition

Jen25

Jul 18, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm thinking training to compete in a figure competition next year, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I currently do crossfit about 3 times a week and I'm going to start supplementing with some heavier weight at the gym. I've been leaning up pretty quickly with crossfit, but if any of you have experience with figure competing, I would greatly appreciate the input!

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
Well where are you at now with your appearance? Are you close to ready or just starting out?

Slaytonslayer

Dec 26, 2013
1. crossfit should supplement an actual regimen if you want to compete. I have never seen a crossfiter with a balanced physique, simply because of the way the workouts are set up.
2. you will need a lot more size than you think you will need. figure girls arent huge by any means, but you would definitely give them a second look in public
3. clean bulk for as long as you can. you will need plenty of time to lean out before the show, but untiil then, pack on that size, but try not to get fat
4. cut crosssfit to a minimum. It is a recipe for back surgery. I actually work at a crossfit gym on the side (not as a class instructer, but a 1 on 1 coach specializing in hypertrophy and strength training) and I see so many people that have to quit due to back pain and messing themselves up. Lifting shouldnt be a speed based sport.