©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lantus/Keto Protocol

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
I will do. I will be restarting my syntherol log anyday so will probably just put everything in that. Had a slight issue so have delayed things. I had a big leg workout the other day. Long story short I finished with 2 crazy sets of leg extensions. Tom Platz style but even more mental and after the 2nd one I tried to stand up and my legs completely went and I come crashing down and hit my elbow on the floor. It's been really sore since so I can't train properly. A silly injury and it's a shame I never got that set on video :p

Whilst I am here check this video out. It's got some useful tips for anyone following a keto diet.

The 5 Biggest Ketosis Mistakes - YouTube
Good LORD, please don't eat 80% fat diet! If you are weight training hard there is absolutely no need to go that hight of a ratio of fat in your diet.

Hiasdamoon

Donating Member
Dec 6, 2017
While I am nowhere near ready for Lantus, just curious what is the scientific name for Lantus? Just curious as I don't see Lantus anywhere. Glargine?

Just trying to read more on the subject, while I am sitting at work LOL.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm really looking forward to trying this protocol. Does the whey have to be hydrolized? Or can I use someting like impact whey from myprotein.com ?

My fear is just getting hypo creep on me while I'm alseep.

Hydro gets into your system faster. That's why I use it.

Santilaps

Feb 27, 2018
Hydro gets into your system faster. That's why I use it.

I get that but getting 200g protein in shakes daily is a hell of a lot of protein powder and it adds up quickly.

Could isolate work? I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck here, or maybe you have a suggestion for a good cost benefit powder?

Before you jump on my neck over this I just want to let you know I don't bodybuild professionally but I really like experimenting and your protocol really caught my eye, and I want to try this approach for a recomp.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I get that but getting 200g protein in shakes daily is a hell of a lot of protein powder and it adds up quickly.

Could isolate work? I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck here, or maybe you have a suggestion for a good cost benefit powder?

Before you jump on my neck over this I just want to let you know I don't bodybuild professionally but I really like experimenting and your protocol really caught my eye, and I want to try this approach for a recomp.

hydro whey at Truenutrition.com is like $12 per pound bro, it doesn't get too much cheaper than that. It also is going to have a higher absorption rate than regular whey and gets absorbed faster like CG said. You can even use my discount code and save an extra 5% it should cover your shipping, it's JAD223

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Good LORD, please don't eat 80% fat diet! If you are weight training hard there is absolutely no need to go that hight of a ratio of fat in your diet.

Definitely. I posted that video as it contains some good info but would definitely not follow everything he stated. I personally wouldn't run keto anyway. Well if I did it would be much higher protein. I feel any bodybuilder or typical poster on the forums should have relatively high protein in their diets regardless of what type of diet that is. If doing low carbs I would personally have at least 40% protein in there.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

Santilaps, we don't jump on necks here at AnaSci bro. This is a calm forum that treats others as we want to be treated. That's shit isn't going to ever happen here. Promise.
Saving $$$ and going with that whey is just fine. I like hydrolyzed because of the speed it enters your system at. The absorption rate.
You don't have to be an aspiring Pro to want to sock on some muscle quickly.

BTW: Welcome to AnaSci and please keep up the posting bro.

bill2

Feb 16, 2015
Hey CG I was digging authors l rea book building the perfect beast the other day .. I found a protocol he was using for a bodybuilder using lantus and a diet with very high protein ( 600 grams ) low fat ( 50 grams ) and veggie only carbs( no more than 50 grams carbs)
His protein was half whey isolate and half food .. Also was using his 4 week on 4 week off protocol of AUthor of gear ( test -deca and t Bol )
He refers that he gained about 15 pounds of muscle while stoping a serious amount of fat ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warlock

Aug 20, 2014
Santilaps, we don't jump on necks here at AnaSci bro. This is a calm forum that treats others as we want to be treated. That's shit isn't going to ever happen here. Promise.
Saving $$$ and going with that whey is just fine. I like hydrolyzed because of the speed it enters your system at. The absorption rate.

Concreteguy,

Do you also feel hydro gives less bloating and digests much faster than whey isolate, which in turn would allow you to get down the 4 solid foods and 4 shakes much more easily?

warlock

Aug 20, 2014
fats

Concreteguy,

How many grams of fats do you eat while on this diet for your size? Do you distribute the fat intake evenly between the 4 solid meals? The shake meals do not contain any fat?

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Concreteguy,

Do you also feel hydro gives less bloating and digests much faster than whey isolate, which in turn would allow you to get down the 4 solid foods and 4 shakes much more easily?
Not CG.....but as I've gotten older I've found that a lot of the purest whey isolate brands will cause me bloat to some degree.

However with Hydrolyzed whey or Casein....I can drink that and actually be able and ready to eat a meal within 45 minutes or so. I do that now....Hydrolyzed shake postworkout....followed with a whole food meal within an hour or so....and no digestion problems whatsoever!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Concreteguy,

How many grams of fats do you eat while on this diet for your size? Do you distribute the fat intake evenly between the 4 solid meals? The shake meals do not contain any fat?

I take in a modest amount of fats between all meals. The TN shakes I drink have 1 gram of fat per scoop and I always have two scoops per shake. Most of my fats are coming from cashews, walnuts and peanut butter.

JWBH

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2017
CG, I know this is regarding lantus, but it's out of my price range to use it. Would I be able to make some adjustments and use hum r, or would I just mess up the entire plan by switching to hum r? if you think I could use hum r, any idea how I could set that up?

thanks man.

G160

Feb 12, 2018
CG, I know this is regarding lantus, but it's out of my price range to use it. Would I be able to make some adjustments and use hum r, or would I just mess up the entire plan by switching to hum r? if you think I could use hum r, any idea how I could set that up?

thanks man.
Out of your price range???? Pm me bro

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Santilaps

Feb 27, 2018

That is great to hear! How do you time your meals? Do you think doing a martial art like BJJ is fine during this protocol?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
4 solid meals and 4 shakes between them. You can do anything bro. I would prime myself with a shit ton of protein before doing something that aerobic.

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
I would actually give this a try but, I can't do keto anymore.

After I developed colitis a few years back, if I eliminate carbs I have diarrhea anywhere from 8-12 times a day.

Even supplementing with physsilium husk and other fiber supplements as well as pro and pre biotics, lots of fermented foods, can't shake it.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I would actually give this a try but, I can't do keto anymore.

After I developed colitis a few years back, if I eliminate carbs I have diarrhea anywhere from 8-12 times a day.

Even supplementing with physsilium husk and other fiber supplements as well as pro and pre biotics, lots of fermented foods, can't shake it.

Dude, that sucks! God bless ya man.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Do you think basaglar is as good as Lantus for this?

I have read many, many times that Lantus unlike other basil insulins makes your body generate IGF-1 <-------That's a huge reason to take a pass on other basil insulins.

Maybe G160 would like to comment on this? Through PMing I have found out he is well informed about all insulins. Much more than me. MUCH!