©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Diets

Deception

Oct 26, 2019
Throughout my life I’ve tried all kinds of fad diets. I’ve even tried IF. Recently I’ve been thinking about trying keto. After much reading on its benefits etc I’m really interested in it. Could anyone chime in or post me some links to help me get started? I really need a list of foods I can eat. I know some carbs are allowed but not many. The number I keep seeing is no more than 50g per day

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Throughout my life I’ve tried all kinds of fad diets. I’ve even tried IF. Recently I’ve been thinking about trying keto. After much reading on its benefits etc I’m really interested in it. Could anyone chime in or post me some links to help me get started? I really need a list of foods I can eat. I know some carbs are allowed but not many. The number I keep seeing is no more than 50g per day

Just Google keto diets and plenty of things will come up. You could also use the search function on this forum as well.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
It's something I always try and usually mix with I.F. but over the years it has taken a toll on me. This past thanksgiving week i went hypoglycemic twice and I have decided to just eat reasonably. No more strict diets... i think it's best left to those who are really competing and trying to be shredded for a short period of time.

Deception

Oct 26, 2019
It's something I always try and usually mix with I.F. but over the years it has taken a toll on me. This past thanksgiving week i went hypoglycemic twice and I have decided to just eat reasonably. No more strict diets... i think it's best left to those who are really competing and trying to be shredded for a short period of time.

Makes sense. I’ve read a few posts about guys using insulin while on a keto type diet. Don’t know how that works but then again I’m not well versed on the use of insulin to begin with.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
The same thing happened to me. When I go without carbs for long periods it can really mess me up when I add them back in. I try to keep things balanced these days. I would only recommend keto for short periods and I definitely wouldn't use insulin on it.