©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

mexican stew loaded with protein

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
This Mexican stew is loaded with protein—and it’s 100 percent vegan

mexican stew

If you’re in desperate need of a new recipe on rotation after one too many tomato soups and grilled cheeses, I have the perfect addition to your lineup: a vegan Mexican stew that’s loaded with protein

With 39 grams of protein per cup, chickpeas are an excellent source of nutrition. Put together with vegetarian both, tomatoes, kale, and a splash of metabolism-boosting hot sauce, you can create a simple meal in minutes. The next time you want to cuddle up with a cozy stew, whip up Ugarte’s easy recipe.

Mexican chickpea stew
Ingredients
3 cups chickpeas (pre-cooked or canned)
4 cups water
4 cups veggie broth
1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
1 18 oz. jar diced tomatoes
1 cup fresh dinosaur kale, chopped
black pepper to taste

1. Warm all soup ingredients in a pot.
2. Once warm, garnish as desired.

For another healthy plant-based recipe, try this immunity broth:

These are the best plant-based proteins that won’t mess with your digestion.

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I love new recipes and this one sounds delicious. I like to try something new every week and this one is now on my list.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I'm not a vegan by any means but I tried this recipe yesterday and must admit it was very delicious and I would make it again. Some friends and family enjoyed it as much as I did.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I'm not a vegan by any means but I tried this recipe yesterday and must admit it was very delicious and I would make it again. Some friends and family enjoyed it as much as I did.
Glad you mentioned this - did you used there Franks or another brand?
Can you see any way to add in meat with out wrecking it?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Glad you mentioned this - did you used there Franks or another brand?
Can you see any way to add in meat with out wrecking it?

Yes we used Frank's and I do believe you could easily add beef,chicken or pork without any issues if you choose.

javman

Feb 18, 2013
Tried the recipe but added celery and some green onions and it was delicious. My wife tried it and she loves it. Thanks for sharing this.

javman

Feb 18, 2013
How did the protein amount to 39grams as chickpeas has 6 grams per 1/2 cup? Just asking. Thanks.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
How did the protein amount to 39grams as chickpeas has 6 grams per 1/2 cup? Just asking. Thanks.

Great question-, we need to do some calcs.
I just copied and pasted it up- sounds like the person that wrote it needs some math classes