©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

started cycle today

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
That's exactly how I was. I made sure to take all the pressure off my and try to relax but it was still nerve racking! You're right though, after I was done I was like "what was all the fuss about?" The biggest problem I had was that I only have 25ga in the house. It took FOREVER. I need to get an assortment before tomorrow.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Since I'm on the subject what is the typical delivery time from Sterilesyringes.com?

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Cool. Just placed an order so hopefully I won't have to do more than two more days with the 25ga.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
It just takes forever to load/unload. I would rather load with 20 then unload with 23. The 25 just takes to long imo.

sh00t

Apr 1, 2013
You're right, loading with a 25g takes way too long...load with a 20 inj with a 25. Or sometimes I'll inject with a 20 if I'm not paying attention to what I grab...it doesn't really feel any different tho

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I load and inject with a 25g. Takes no time at all. Buy one of those candle warmer plates from Walmart for $5. Set the vials of gear you're gonna b using that day on it before u get in the shower. When ur done showering & ready to inject it'll b thin as water. Gets hot enough that sometimes I have a hard time holding the vial to load the pin, and it flows out so easily when I'm pinning that I have to make myself go slowly. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time. Plus it saves $10 on multiple shipping charges from SterileSyringes since ur only having to order one size pin.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
When I need pins quickly I just stop at Walgreen's. 3cc BD with a 21g attached - 4 for $1.

Once you load the pin with the 21g, switch out to the virgin 25g, run the barrel under hot water for 30 seconds and presto! Ready to go, no plunger print on your thumb, either.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
I load and inject with a 25g. Takes no time at all. Buy one of those candle warmer plates from Walmart for $5. Set the vials of gear you're gonna b using that day on it before u get in the shower. When ur done showering & ready to inject it'll b thin as water. Gets hot enough that sometimes I have a hard time holding the vial to load the pin, and it flows out so easily when I'm pinning that I have to make myself go slowly. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time. Plus it saves $10 on multiple shipping charges from SterileSyringes since ur only having to order one size pin.

Thanks for the advice! I've got one of those things sitting in storage in the basement. I'll use it this weekend!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I have always pulled with a 21 and pin with a 23 unless using short esters then I pull with a 21 and backload an insulin pin and I have never needed to heat up my oils. Keeping it stored at room temp it flows just fine

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
That may be true but I heated them up a little bit this weekend and it was sooo much quicker. Room temp on my 2nd floor must be pretty cold.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Why go through all the trouble of using a candle warmer? Just buy two seperate needle sizes. You don't use the same needle to pull and pin do you?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I do use the same needle to pull & pin. And, warming the oil isn't any "trouble" at all. I set it on the candle warmer before I get in the shower & I draw it up when I get out of the shower. It's literally 1 extra step that takes less than 2 seconds, and it makes it faster & easier to pin. It's about as much trouble as using a spoon to eat your cereal instead of just pouring into your mouth straight out of the bowl.

It works for me, doesn't hurt a damn thing & I couldn't give a shit less if anyone thinks it's not worth it.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Haha. I mean no offense brother. Do whatever you want. You're just injecting yourself with a dull needle. You might as well reuse your pins. Might save you a couple bucks.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
You didn't offend me. It's not a dull needle, either. It may not be quite as sharp as a brand new needle, but it goes in smooth and painless. And out of the hundreds of shots I've received at a doctor's office or hospital, not once have I ever seen a nurse change needles after they draw anything from a vial. If it works for the people that get paid to do this stuff professionally, I'm sure it'll suffice for me at home.

Don't equate my procedure to reusing needles. It's not even remotely similar. The way I do things is perfectly safe & sanitary.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I'm a medical assistant and when I worked for an occupational health office I gave shots every day. And you are absolutely not supposed to pin someone with the same needle you draw from. I don't know who did that to you but they did it wrong. Needles dull from contact with any surface. Skin, rubber stoppers, anything.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Between growing up in the military, being in the military, traveling all over the world, being in the fire service, and all the usual mishaps and accidents that happen along the way I've been stuck with more needles than I can count. I've been vaccinated against diseases that only exist in labs, had at least a dozen tetnis shots, been tested for TB so many times that I now test positive for it and have to have x-rays to prove I don't have it, had a flu shot every year for the last decade plus, and started an IV on myself in a combat zone. A hundred needle sticks in my lifetime is probably a conservative number, and that's just before I started using AAS.

Being the twisted kinda guy I am, I watch every injection intently cuz I actually enjoy them now. Never since the first immunization I had as a child has anyone ever switched to a different needle than they used to draw to do an injection. Flu injection a month ago, she drew and pinned with the same needle for everyone that she was pinning that day.

It might be more right to switch to a new needle to stick after drawing, but it's hardly anything that's going to cause any sort of trauma that I'm going to be unable to cope with. When I first started pinning myself I would switch every time. Out of curiosity, one day I tried pinning myself with the same needle and it went in just as smoothly and still didn't hurt. Been doing it ever since. It's not something I do just for the purpose of saving money. I couldn't care less about $40. But it is nice to not waste that money for no real reason.

And you are absolutely not supposed to pin someone with the same needle you draw from.
If you really want to split hairs, none of us are ever supposed to be injecting ourselves with supraphysiologic doses of testosterone or any other hormones at all for that matter. And especially not from UGL's where we can't be sure of the sterility or even what is in the vial. Is not switching to a new needle to inject really gonna where you draw the line?

Last edited: