©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

what type of testing do you get done?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I usually do the usual 40 something year old male panel. If something is amiss the doc will usually recheck in a couple of weeks. Usually my cholesterol is a little high. But I don't believe all the cholesterol hype anyway. And my createnine (spelling?) is usually high. But that's due to training. I have been avoiding training several days before bloods and that usually does it.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I monitor my blood pressure regularly. I'm going to be going for full blood work in weeks. For me that would include a chemistry panel with complete blood count (CBC). This test would show cholesterol as well as kidney, liver and general organ health. Additionally, hormonal test to look at estradiol and test levels. This would be a typical way to approach the beginning of a cycle or following a PCT.
As individuals our bodies are such in that what may affect me may not affect you and vice versa. For example, I came off orals a week before cholesterol readings and they were very good, so for me, that's where I'm at as far as that goes. In other words, your mileage may vary. Some use a modest amount of test only and their cholesterol may be greatly affected due to their predisposition to elevated cholesterol, anabolics or not.

Last edited:

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I monitor my blood pressure regularly. I'm going to be going for full blood work in weeks. For me that would include a chemistry panel with complete blood count (CBC). This test would show cholesterol as well as kidney, liver and general organ health. Additionally, hormonal test to look at estradiol and test levels. This would be a typical way to approach the beginning of a cycle or following a PCT.
As individuals our bodies are such in that what may affect me may not affect you and vice versa. For example, I came off orals a week before cholesterol readings and they were very good, so for me, that's where I'm at as far as that goes. In other words, your mileage may vary. Some use a modest amount of test only and their cholesterol may be greatly affected due to their predisposition to elevated cholesterol, anabolics or not.

thanks for sharing grim:headbang:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
NP bro-I've had lots of info shared with me to educate me on these things from guys here. I'm in NJ too and our state laws make online lab requests a bit of a problem, but not much. PM for info if you'd like man.

NY is the same. I can't figure out why they would pur restrictions on this?:confused:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I get full panels done two-three times per year.... Everything under the sun on them.

When my Doctor checks me out and reviews the blood work and/or if there is anything bothering me, he will request body imaging.

My doctor also sends for labs when I feel something is off. I live in a state where you can't request your own lab work but he is a good doctor and if I come to him with a good reason to have some labs run, he will send for them.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I get full panels done two-three times per year.... Everything under the sun on them.

When my Doctor checks me out and reviews the blood work and/or if there is anything bothering me, he will request body imaging.

My doctor also sends for labs when I feel something is off. I live in a state where you can't request your own lab work but he is a good doctor and if I come to him with a good reason to have some labs run, he will send for them.

sounds like you got yourself a good doc there A

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
sounds like you got yourself a good doc there A

Yessir... It suck though that he will be retiring in a few years. He actually called my endocrinologist a moron with what he wanted to do for my TRT. Definitely not afraid to speak his mind and will tell it like it is. He is also an MMA instructor / fighter

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Yessir... It suck though that he will be retiring in a few years. He actually called my endocrinologist a moron with what he wanted to do for my TRT. Definitely not afraid to speak his mind and will tell it like it is. He is also an MMA instructor / fighter

you should take him to anasci :)

360spyder

Sep 5, 2013
I have Lupus so often

I get full blood panels every three months. They take 25 vials each time because three labs read the panels. I also have an annual every year. It's not bad for piece of mind, but it takes 2-3 veins to get 25 vials. Lupus is a nasty disease that the medical community has little knowledge about. My wife never gets sick, but caught a cold earlier this year and when we got to the Dr. she said it was almost to turn to pneumonia, so she got some anti-biotics and was cleared up in a few days. I somehow got a touch of the pneumonia and now have lost the bottom lobe of my left lung. I just can't emphasize how important bloodwork is period, especially when you do what we do. If you can't afford it, check with your local hospitals or blood banks because they have to check your blood before you can donate and it's free.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I get full blood panels every three months. They take 25 vials each time because three labs read the panels. I also have an annual every year. It's not bad for piece of mind, but it takes 2-3 veins to get 25 vials. Lupus is a nasty disease that the medical community has little knowledge about. My wife never gets sick, but caught a cold earlier this year and when we got to the Dr. she said it was almost to turn to pneumonia, so she got some anti-biotics and was cleared up in a few days. I somehow got a touch of the pneumonia and now have lost the bottom lobe of my left lung. I just can't emphasize how important bloodwork is period, especially when you do what we do. If you can't afford it, check with your local hospitals or blood banks because they have to check your blood before you can donate and it's free.
:eek:

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Physical every year with full panel, was getting psa checked every 3 months by my eurologist cause I had prostate cancer, now since my endocrinologist but me on trt I get psa checked every 6 weeks