©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

am i insulin ready??pic inside

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
bro correct me if im wrong im goin to start with 4iu 10g carbs per iu right?so if take the 4iu would i be fine takin 40g carbs pre and pwo another 40g? =80 g total? if thats good i will be takin my gluco test with me to stay on top of the sugar how long should i take the test 30 or hour after pinin you think is good?

The way I look at it is it is not just 10g carbs per IU, but 10g carbs per IU plus what you need to grow and recover.

If you do 40g pre, drink a gatorade intra and 40g post you should be good. But even before I took slin I was getting in more than that..

I am not up to speed on the different blood glucose tests. I can tell if I don't feel right and need sugar. I also always ate a shit ton around training (before slin) so going hypo isn't really a concern to me because I know there is sufficient food. Slin just allows me to eat more food lol

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
The way I look at it is it is not just 10g carbs per IU, but 10g carbs per IU plus what you need to grow and recover.

If you do 40g pre, drink a gatorade intra and 40g post you should be good. But even before I took slin I was getting in more than that..

I am not up to speed on the different blood glucose tests. I can tell if I don't feel right and need sugar. I also always ate a shit ton around training (before slin) so going hypo isn't really a concern to me because I know there is sufficient food. Slin just allows me to eat more food lol

lol sounds good bro glad you got it under control, i been on high protein low carb diet for a while now i think im about to blow up!lol

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
lol sounds good bro glad you got it under control, i been on high protein low carb diet for a while now i think im about to blow up!lol

Just keep the carbs around training and in accordance with your slin. Train like every rep is your last and your life depends on it...meaning, like a fucking head case...And train progressively. Make every time you hit that bodypart an increased stimulus, heavier weight, more reps, more volume, greater intensity, less rest....

The rest of your meals outside of your magic feeding window keep carbs down and eat a good amount of healthy fats and protein.

You'll blow up in a good way and not look like a marshmallow lol

Can't wait for my own training session tonight... chest and shoulders...swole city here we go

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
On a side note- do you have a direct carb source?

As in dextrose or Maltodextrin, branch chain dextrins? If not I would make sure to get some first to be honest.

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
Just keep the carbs around training and in accordance with your slin. Train like every rep is your last and your life depends on it...meaning, like a fucking head case...And train progressively. Make every time you hit that bodypart an increased stimulus, heavier weight, more reps, more volume, greater intensity, less rest....

The rest of your meals outside of your magic feeding window keep carbs down and eat a good amount of healthy fats and protein.

You'll blow up in a good way and not look like a marshmallow lol

Can't wait for my own training session tonight... chest and shoulders...swole city here we go

lol at marshmallow i kno what you mean last year i got to 250lbs eatin out and drinkin every weekend not anymore tho i cook my ass off now lol, cant wait either about to leave soon im doin the same thing shoulders and chest

On a side note- do you have a direct carb source?

As in dextrose or Maltodextrin, branch chain dextrins? If not I would make sure to get some first to be honest.

i order dextrose from ebay i should get it any day next week hosnestlly i know i should wait for it but shit cant wait bro:D

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
lol at marshmallow i kno what you mean last year i got to 250lbs eatin out and drinkin every weekend not anymore tho i cook my ass off now lol, cant wait either about to leave soon im doin the same thing shoulders and chest

i order dextrose from ebay i should get it any day next week hosnestlly i know i should wait for it but shit cant wait bro:D

The way you say that kinda scares me-

Weren't you dealing with some real low test issues? If so doesn't seem like the time to be jumping on Slin.

Also what is your training history?
What's your lifestyle?
What's your lifting and diet protocol as is?

I know you said you had a few cycles under you belt, but no joking aside- a few cycles ain't really getting your toes wet in the grand scheme. When you said if a "slim fast" shake would cover you, you made me start thinking about if you're ready.

Atom and I pretty much live this lifestyle, I can only speak for myself but I don't have a few cycles or even a few years under my belt, but I have almost 13 years of research and training to pull from.

I just a bit weary that you may be jumping on Slin way too fast or ahead of your time.

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
The way you say that kinda scares me-

Weren't you dealing with some real low test issues? If so doesn't seem like the time to be jumping on Slin.

Also what is your training history?
What's your lifestyle?
What's your lifting and diet protocol as is?

I know you said you had a few cycles under you belt, but no joking aside- a few cycles ain't really getting your toes wet in the grand scheme. When you said if a "slim fast" shake would cover you, you made me start thinking about if you're ready.

Atom and I pretty much live this lifestyle, I can only speak for myself but I don't have a few cycles or even a few years under my belt, but I have almost 13 years of research and training to pull from.

I just a bit weary that you may be jumping on Slin way too fast or ahead of your time.

whos really ready for that?? i been lifting for 5years my life style i work, hit the gym 6days aweek, eat clean high protein low carb diet, yes my test was low 6weeks into pct but whos isnt after doin a tren cycle im bigger then most guys at the gym,so what you were sayin is if i dont have dextrose i cant slin??

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I never said that your test should be low after a cycle- but it is an issue when you run pct then it comes back at .31

Also if you want to rush into this, go ahead but the title of your thread was "am I ready" so I am just trying to frame questions that will shed more light on you and your "readiness"

To be honest and maybe I'm the only one thinking this- why in the hell are you drinking slim fast shake in the first place?

When I asked lifestyle I meant- what's your goals and is your life centered around that goal? Atom competes and gets on stage. I started bodybuilding a long time ago and came back to it full time last year... But BODYBUILDING is our lifestyle. I work the hours that I do so that I have time to lift when and how I want.

Also since you ordered dextrose from eBay means to me that you don't know that you can buy it dirt cheap at a beer and wine making shop or that powdered Gatorade is pure dextrose- these are things you should know if you've done your homework.

I am not trying to flame you, just being honest with how i feel and it seems like you don't have enough experience to get the full experience out of this.

Again what style of lifting do you incorporate?
How many of each macro and the timing of the for them on days of lifting and rest days?
What's your current cycle?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Spoons, Enigmatic is right on the money and I prefer to let a vet like him say the first words when it comes to something like this...

When we dive into something it is thoroughly, and I mean THOROUGHLY research and planned and then we look at every way we can optimize it. Essentially we've come to a point where by knowing the actions things have biologically and through an understanding of our own bodies we know what to anticipate before jumping in and plan ahead for any uncertainties.

I have been training for more than half of my existence on earth, this is my life, this is part of who I am, it is not a hobby or something I just like to do, it is as important the fucking air I breathe.

Training and having some cycles under your belt is one thing, but understanding your body is another. Shit, I was put on TRT before even touching anything and still haven't done a whole lot, but I'm at a point where I want to take my body to a new level. I have the diet and training thing down, now it is just what can I do to take myself past what i can reach through those alone.

When I said drink gatorade, I know gatorade is pure sugar... that is all you need. No freaking slim fast shake... Who the f that is trying to grow drinks slim fast?

It seems like you have some time to learn a little more and develop an understanding of the mechanisms at work within your body and how the various macros, supplements and drugs will affect you.

Not bashing you, just being real...for your own good.

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
I never said that your test should be low after a cycle- but it is an issue when you run pct then it comes back at .31

Also if you want to rush into this, go ahead but the title of your thread was "am I ready" so I am just trying to frame questions that will shed more light on you and your "readiness"

To be honest and maybe I'm the only one thinking this- why in the hell are you drinking slim fast shake in the first place?

When I asked lifestyle I meant- what's your goals and is your life centered around that goal? Atom competes and gets on stage. I started bodybuilding a long time ago and came back to it full time last year... But BODYBUILDING is our lifestyle. I work the hours that I do so that I have time to lift when and how I want.

Also since you ordered dextrose from eBay means to me that you don't know that you can buy it dirt cheap at a beer and wine making shop or that powdered Gatorade is pure dextrose- these are things you should know if you've done your homework.

I am not trying to flame you, just being honest with how i feel and it seems like you don't have enough experience to get the full experience out of this.

Again what style of lifting do you incorporate?
How many of each macro and the timing of the for them on days of lifting and rest days?
What's your current cycle?

i know what you mean bro and thanks for lookin out for me i have slim fast because my wife was using it to loose weigh but since my protein only have 4carb i thought maybe i can mix it with that?i d0o plan on competing next year dependin how im lookin i talk to dave palumbo and his goin to coach me i live 15min away from him i hit the gym mon to thur then sat and sometimes sundays.right now im on test e and gh and just pin for iu of r,im off to the gym wish me luck bro.

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
ok im back and holly shit i fuked up on the timin a lil bit i almost die!lol seriously tho this is what i did i pin 4iu and had a meal of 45g carbs and protein then i left to the gym and i was sipin on gatorade thru the work out i remember thinkin idk what the big deal is, 2h 30min later i was about to walk on the treadmill and saw stars i said shit igtfo lol i ran to put water on my shake witch was full of protein and carbs powder and oats,i immediately drink it at this point im in my car tryin to pin to check my sugar but i was very shaky couldnt find my finger it was 96 i read that under 80g you have take carbs asap so i was alil relieved i think the shake save my ass tho i waited to long to take it 2:30min was way to long that will not happen again i just got home and ate another high protein high carb meal,but yea that was scary i thought i wasnt gona make it to the car i was light headed and very shaky, what do guys think i fuked up right?i took a pic ima put it up now

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Get some corn sugar/ beer sugar best glucose u can find at 1.50 lb at homebrew beer supply store.. Gatorade has wood rosen ester to thicken water for flavor to hold. Yuck.. Make your own drink like Atom way cheaper and quality ingredients. . 2 iu is good to start cause why do 8 iu out of the gate have hypo and make u toss the slin in the trash cause u got scared..slow down it's no joke playin slin roulette. Sheesh..

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
Get some corn sugar/ beer sugar best glucose u can find at 1.50 lb at homebrew beer supply store.. Gatorade has wood rosen ester to thicken water for flavor to hold. Yuck.. Make your own drink like Atom way cheaper and quality ingredients. . 2 iu is good to start cause why do 8 iu out of the gate have hypo and make u toss the slin in the trash cause u got scared..slow down it's no joke playin slin roulette. Sheesh..

thanks for your input bro i was waitin for you to stop by,i started at 4 and you right i was thinkin when i get home im tossing it in the trash but then i felt better after shake and said maybe i drikin early next time lol,but yea it was scary situation bro next time insted goin up to 5 im goin down to 3 i saw a lil star for a min:eek:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Like I said- have some fucking dextrose on hand!!! When ever I pin Slin I have all my drinks pre mixed and ready for the day. On top of that I have an "emergency" powdered Gatorade mixed up that's 60g of dextrose- I keep it on me at all times for situations like what you had happen.

As a matter of fact I had to use it today after pinning 20ius and it hitting me faster than normal. This shit will kill you!!!

Mr.spoon

Aug 13, 2013
Like I said- have some fucking dextrose on hand!!! When ever I pin Slin I have all my drinks pre mixed and ready for the day. On top of that I have an "emergency" powdered Gatorade mixed up that's 60g of dextrose- I keep it on me at all times for situations like what you had happen.

As a matter of fact I had to use it today after pinning 20ius and it hitting me faster than normal. This shit will kill you!!!

shit is crazy bro idk if i should do that anymore lol but if i do like you said i gota get dextrose before other wise im not touchin it, for a few seconds i felt like the time a drank a full bottle of henney back in the days chills everywhere :eek: