©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ufo sightings.. Do you believe in them.?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Labor was cheap. They used slaves.

That's been disproven for a while. The Egyptians actually kept very detailed records on the workforce and how they were paid. They were normally paid in rations of beer commensurate with the amount of work they accomplished in a day. Many of the workers that worked on the pyramids were highly skilled artisans. With the construction of the pyramid being a government funded project, it was the biggest and best paying gig in the country. Plus it was job security as well. It took somewhere around 20 years to construct a pyramid, so many of the workers would spend most of their adult life working on it.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I just don't see the big deal. Humans can do anything we apply ourselves too. Pyramids, the incan temples, Greek arenas, the great wall. we've been building shit since the dawn of time. No aliens. Just men.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I am a firm believer that not just ours but every government on the planet will and does hide everything they can from the general public's view.

Yes, I believe they both exist.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I think its silly to not believe there's something more out there than just us. The universe is to big and we can only see a small portion of what's out there.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I don't care if there is life out there. As long as they don't like human flesh....

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Bob is right. I'm a Christian and most believe we don't but who are we to say God hasn't created other life.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I think its silly to not believe there's something more out there than just us. The universe is to big and we can only see a small portion of what's out there.

Believing that other life exists somewhere in the universe is something completely different than believing that the government is concealing evidence of alien visits to our planet.

The former is perfectly reasonable, and even provable mathematically by the Drake Equation. Believing in the latter makes you a ridiculous conspiracy theorist, and maybe a little crazy.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's not a question of whether or not the government lies. Any thinking individual knows they lie regularly. It's a question of believing if they're concealing alien beings, spacecraft, and technology. It's not a huge leap to say the government lies; it's a huge leap to say they've lied about aliens.

Once again, the burden of proof falls on the party making the most outlandish claims. Anyone care to offer any sort of real tangible scientific proof for their outlandish beliefs? Anyone? Buehler?

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
you're so right man, and so smart...tangible proof is everything, people are so dumb for believing in things they can't prove, like God...those dumb higher power believing sad fucks...I weep for them also

Last edited:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
you're so right man, and so smart...tangible proof is everything, people are so dumb for believing in things they can't prove, like God...those dumb higher power believing sad fucks...I weep for them also

I sense some sarcasm in your post, but I actually agree with your statement. Religion, aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, chupacabra, the Jersey Devil, and the Loch Ness monster all basically fall into the same category.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I sense some sarcasm in your post, but I actually agree with your statement. Religion, aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, chupacabra, the Jersey Devil, and the Loch Ness monster all basically fall into the same category.

I didn't say religion, I said a higher power...I'll bet 20 bucks you have never taken lsd, dmt, or psilocybin mushrooms...just may change the way you think about how cut and dry things are...

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I didn't say religion, I said a higher power...I'll bet 20 bucks you have never taken lsd, dmt, or psilocybin mushrooms...just may change the way you think about how cut and dry things are...

I have a long a varied drug history that includes at least one of those substances , maybe more. Didn't change anything for me. And although I'll stipulate that organized religion is different than believing in a god/higher power, for me it all falls in the category of being make-believe. Just because it sounds good and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to believe it, doesn't make it real.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Why is believing things based on evidence a bad thing? I consider faith to be a bad thing. On the topic of life in the universe, it would be highly improbable that earth is the only planet with life. There are more stars in this universe then there are grains of sand on every beach on earth. But the idea that an alien species has visited this planet is pretty far fetched.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's all based on faith.

And there's the inherent problem. Faith means believing in something in the absence of evidence or proof. If you'll believe one thing based strictly on faith, how do you rationalize drawing a line and not believing in anything else based strictly on faith? If someone walks up to you on the street and says they're your great great grandfather from the future and he's traveled back in time to save your family from a tragic fate, wouldn't you believe him? Is that scenario any more of a stretch than aliens, ghosts, Bigfoot, or god? If one accepts anything based on faith alone, it becomes ridiculous to reject anything else, no matter how outrageous it may seem. Faith is a slippery slope.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's all based on faith.

And there's the inherent problem. Faith means believing in something in the absence of evidence or proof. If you'll believe one thing based strictly on faith, how do you rationalize drawing a line and not believing in anything else based strictly on faith? If someone walks up to you on the street and says they're your great great grandfather from the future and he's traveled back in time to save your family from a tragic fate, wouldn't you believe him? Is that scenario any more of a stretch than aliens, ghosts, Bigfoot, or god? If one accepts anything based on faith alone, it becomes ridiculous to reject anything else, no matter how outrageous it may seem. Faith is a slippery slope. Not just in religion, but in anything.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
That's your opinion Sully. I also have the bible but I'm not gonna try to prove to you that God is real. Just like no one can prove he is not real. I don't debate over this.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
anyone heard where physicists are finding out the universe is just made up of binary code? we could just be living in one giant computer program...is this math not legitimate scientific evidence? If true I wonder where/whom/what the code came from? coulda just came from nowhere I guess but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around something coming from nothing

Last edited: