©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Transdermal carriers?

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
What are some good transdermal carriers? Is phlojel ultra still the best option? Most everyone tolerated that well, but there were a few guys that had skin irritation from it. Looking to avoid dmso. Just checking to see if there's anything else out there anyone would recommend.

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Dimethyl Sulfoxide. This is the only one that I know of but you stated you wanted to stay away from it.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I had some test base from a place called Viper Labs.
It was a gift to try out from a fried overseas.... He was thinking of adding it to his lineup. Then when I went to get more I could ever find this Viper labs.
I found a few reviews but never was able to get more.

Is it easy to mix? If a guy was to get some for personal use?

I think what I had was an old dmso version. But they were next moving onto gels. never tried the gels but the dmso stuff worked good.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
It was a gift to try out from a fried overseas.... He was thinking of adding it to his lineup. Then when I went to get more I could ever find this Viper labs.

I think what I had was an old dmso version. But they were next moving onto gels. never tried the gels but the dmso stuff worked good.

Wasn't Viper a source here, at some point?

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015

Interesting, I've never heard of them. I've heard of guys getting very bad skin irritation and even burns from dmso. Supposedly it depends on the quality/purity of the dmso, but the potential for that combined with the bad breath/B.O. from it makes me hesitant. Phlojel ultra is used by pharmaceutical companies for transdermal delivery of a variety of different drugs. Guys have had success with test base and tren base compounded in it. A small number had some skin irritation, but for the most part it was very well tolerated. Absorption percentage is on par with dmso. Obviously not the best option for bodybuilding purposes, but for trt/cruising and convenience while travelling it has its advantages.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Interesting, I've never heard of them. I've heard of guys getting very bad skin irritation and even burns from dmso. Supposedly it depends on the quality/purity of the dmso, but the potential for that combined with the bad breath/B.O. from it makes me hesitant. Phlojel ultra is used by pharmaceutical companies for transdermal delivery of a variety of different drugs. Guys have had success with test base and tren base compounded in it. A small number had some skin irritation, but for the most part it was very well tolerated. Absorption percentage is on par with dmso. Obviously not the best option for bodybuilding purposes, but for trt/cruising and convenience while travelling it has its advantages.

When using DMSO, it's all about purity. No one should ever use the stuff that comes from an animal supply store, nor should we be using the stuff that comes from eBay. It needs to be pharmaceutical grade only. And yes, there is pharmaceutical DMSO. DMSO is available as a prescribed treatment for interstitial cystitis. Basically a really bad bladder infection. The only DMSO I would ever use comes from Jacob Lab. It is pharmaceutical grade DMSO, from a reputable company. Their DMSO should not cause any burns, irritation, or ill effects. A slight sulphury garlic odor will occur with any DMSO, though, although theirs is much less pronounced.

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
When using DMSO, it's all about purity. No one should ever use the stuff that comes from an animal supply store, nor should we be using the stuff that comes from eBay. It needs to be pharmaceutical grade only. And yes, there is pharmaceutical DMSO. DMSO is available as a prescribed treatment for interstitial cystitis. Basically a really bad bladder infection. The only DMSO I would ever use comes from Jacob Lab. It is pharmaceutical grade DMSO, from a reputable company. Their DMSO should not cause any burns, irritation, or ill effects. A slight sulphury garlic odor will occur with any DMSO, though, although theirs is much less pronounced.

Thanks for sharing that. I never really digged deep enough to understand which kinds of dmso were causing all the problems. I'll do some reading on the one you recommended and decide if maybe it's worth a try.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I would rub it on my knees and it seem to make
Them feel better.
Maybe in my head, probably not the best spot for absorption rate.

I'd also use it on the body part I was training on that day.

Some smell for sure, even a bit of "taste"
But no burns or bad reactions

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Them feel better.

Same here, it's great for localized relief of sore joints and muscles. I usually crushed 3 ibuprofen in a tablespoon of dmso. By far the best topical pain reliever on the market. To the op, have you considered an alcohol based transdermal like Axiron. My doc gave me 3 bottles and it did work quite well. I believe the carrier is nearly identical to hand sanitizer.

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
Same here, it's great for localized relief of sore joints and muscles. I usually crushed 3 ibuprofen in a tablespoon of dmso. By far the best topical pain reliever on the market. To the op, have you considered an alcohol based transdermal like Axiron. My doc gave me 3 bottles and it did work quite well. I believe the carrier is nearly identical to hand sanitizer.

Yes I have heard of test base compounded in hand sanitizer, but the absorption rate is about 10% whereas with phlojel ultra or dmso it's about 30-40% if I'm not mistaken. That's always another option though.

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
Them feel better.

Not in your head at all. Works very good locally.

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012

I get knots around my shoulder blades, I used this and they go away.

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
I've used Salvo before. It held 100mg of test base.

Ah there's an interesting one. I remember hearing about that a few months ago, but couldn't remember the name. What did you think of the absorption rate, what were the overall pros and cons of the product?