©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Way off point!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I can't believe he could look like this at that level of competition. As much as I admire kevin he has to call it a day or do something completely different from what he's been doing.

[ame]https://youtu.be/WI6ZRwkABP0[/ame]

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
He wasn't consistent with his physique at that level like Dexter has been. Sure there's muscle memory but age dictates a lot...the skin changes, the ability to put on new muscle changes, etc. I give him a lot of credit for putting himself through it again and seeing what he could achieve.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
Eh, I'm not going to be too hard on the guy. He looks amazing for his age. And I'm mind fucked on how much weight he can push at that age.

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
He might look amazing for 53, but looked like absolute crap for that level of competition. Some guys just don't get it and realize they should have stayed retired.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ya, that's kinda where I was going. The program either calls for a complete redo or it's time to step off. I hate seeing such a great figure in BBing struggle like this.

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
Kevin is definitely a legend. He looks incredible for his age and on many stages can be competitive but not for a high level show like the Arnold or the olympia. Kevin took too much time off. If he stayed consistent like dexter he would still be competitive.

Kindlife

Nov 5, 2017
I thought he looks great for his age and to be benching 500lbs for 4reps at 53 years old is crazy strong.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
He said he's going to go for the world record bench press for his age, we'll see.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
What is the WR for his age? I'm assuming raw?

I think most guys should stick to what got them to success.....but with him, I'd love to see what a guy like John Meadows could do for him. I think meadows style of training would be ideal for him and his age. Kevin is super strong, for any age. I can't lift what he does, not even close and I'm younger.

I agree, he looks good for his age, but he did not look good at all up on that stage with the caliber that attended. I give him props for trying, it's a sign of a warrior for sure, but man, he had to know ahead of time. I don't take anything away from him.

Did he ever give a reason for flying in right before the comp? Most people I know fly over about a week before their comp as to offset any water retention from the flying.

BigA, if you read this, did you attend the event?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Kevin looks great for any age. But sometimes it seems you can't criticize him as people will attack you and go on about he is a legend and how old he is. Point is he fucked up and looked terrible for that level of competition. This is not about his age either because he looked much better last year with less training behind him. This was a condition issue and I just don't like the way he goes about things. He masks things as being a motivator and always positive and it's great he has inspired people. But I thought his excuse was complete bullshit.

To me he looked like he used a diuretic and messed up. Yes his flight would have only added to things. He even fucked up when Dave Palumbo interviewed him and said take another diuretic on the stop off on his flight. People could say just a slip up and not the truth but I thought he had used one by looking at him then he slips up like that and says not another one like he has used one during his flight. By his wording he obviously had them with him. But he said due to his age he wasn't going to risk his health taking it. Just complete nonsense and it's not like 1 dyazide would put him on deaths door (the diuretic he mentioned he thought about using). Plus he was showing off his physique just after his return flight so the flight time obviously didn't ruin his physique coming back. Obviously I am guessing but I do think I am right and he simply wasn't lean enough then he messed up with water manipulation and it made him look much worse.

It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth when bb's bullshit. He even said he only comback for the fans which again is nonsense. Just be honest and say the fans but your supplement company etc as well. I appreciate when guys are just upfront about everything.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
He said he's going to go for the world record bench press for his age, we'll see.

I think he can get it. I hope he doesn't get injured trying. I was still very disappointed with his Arnold Australia showing.

Massive G

AnaSCI VIP
Apr 3, 2016
It's pretty much aging guys...no drug no training no diet can bring back youth...as you get older your muscles start to atrophy and get weaker no matter what you do.

I am closer to 50 than 40 and have been training almost for 30 years, my body has slowly been regressing due to age, quads are losing sweep and density, and elbows are starting to protrude a bit and some other muscle groups are losing a bit of shape and size too...I used to see this all the time in the masters competitors..and was like wow.

It's gradual but still can notice it and it will get worse.

Kevin is just old bodybuilding wise even though he took many years off, we are used to seeing him in his prime and he will never get close to that again...even though he still looks incredible for 53-54, stop playing with guys 20-25 years your junior.

DNA

Apr 19, 2014
Hollywood, CA
I’m sorry, but his condition wasn’t due to a diuretic mess up. He wasn’t holding water, he was holding fat. He had a half inch of fat on his abdomen and his abs were still 6 weeks out. People his age can still get ripped abs, he just didn’t diet hard enough.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I’m sorry, but his condition wasn’t due to a diuretic mess up. He wasn’t holding water, he was holding fat. He had a half inch of fat on his abdomen and his abs were still 6 weeks out. People his age can still get ripped abs, he just didn’t diet hard enough.

He was holding a lot of fat but if you see him a few days later he looks much better so it was water as well. Overall his package was very weak regardless of age. As people post he looked great for his age and his upper body is still huge but rule number 1 for any show is come in condition. He needs to learn he can't hang with the top guys at his age now.

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Just seen his guest pose this past weekend. He's definitely jacked for his age but yeah there is a time to call it quits. Looks like he brought his legs up but still not Olympia stage material. Definitely respect the guy for all he's done

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Just seen his guest pose this past weekend. He's definitely jacked for his age but yeah there is a time to call it quits. Looks like he brought his legs up but still not Olympia stage material. Definitely respect the guy for all he's done

Did he look better than the Arnold? I saw 2 pics but they were handpicked. His upper body looks great but lower body is way behind. No surprise he injured his knee again squatting stupid weight. Squatting 500 pounds was the last thing he should have been doing in prep with bad knees. Definitely respect him too. I hope he breaks the bench world record.

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I can't believe he could look like this at that level of competition. As much as I admire kevin he has to call it a day or do something completely different from what he's been doing.

https://youtu.be/WI6ZRwkABP0

Just my opinion but I think he had a shit ton more in him he just doesn't have his head in it to win it so to speak.....he knows he doesn't have anything to prove so he doesn't have the fire it takes to bring what he really has.....if he really brought what he has in him he would place top of the rack

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Did he look better than the Arnold? I saw 2 pics but they were handpicked. His upper body looks great but lower body is way behind. No surprise he injured his knee again squatting stupid weight. Squatting 500 pounds was the last thing he should have been doing in prep with bad knees. Definitely respect him too. I hope he breaks the bench world record.

i dont think so , he looked more like he enjoyed some really good food after the Arnold LOL but still pretty tight

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm one of Kevins biggest fans. He has to get stage ready(clean and dry) before getting on stage. PERIOD! At that level and whats going on in his head it's in excusable.

Last edited: