©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First Cycle (started 08/24/2013) Test/Deca

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
How many ml's are you pinning each time?

Why not do your delts and other spots and de-viginize them now. I used to hate pinning my delts but now I like it.

I used to pin my quads almost exclusively, but the shitty thing is if you have a bad inject and get soreness then you're left dealing with it all day/ all week every time you take a step. I had a bad inject in my left glute last week and all damn week long it's as though I've been sleeping on a baseball. Delts, bis, pecs, these are all areas that tend to be a bit easier to deal with when you get the occasional pip

good point...i guess im sticking to the glutes cause im afraid if i try another site ill be dealing with pain in that area and it might affect my lifts....so far its been working out well with glutes cause i pin then have a leg day within 3-4 days, the sorness that is left in the glute is minimal and hasnt affected my leg lifts, plus were still hitting the lake and rivers here so if i screw up and have a big lump or something on my delt ill be screwed

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Right and to many freaking veins on the quads. Even when I aspirate sometimes I not knowing go through a vein and looks like a bloody massacre after :(

thats what im afraid of lol, ive had good luck so far but if i have something like that go down i might be a little less motivated next week! i dont know how people do the everyday or every other day pins....i guess if you got a good technique and fresh pins its ok but im glad i have the cyp!:headbang:

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
**UPDATE** (09/06/2013)

Wt:188lbs
I wont be on again till next week so I wanted to do a quick update. Things Ive noticed so far: slightly increased libido, consistant morning wood, voice sounds deeper, slight appitite increase, feeling a little more aggressive in the gym, no major strength gains yet tho. My next (3rd) pin will be tomorrow. Feeling good over-all. Watching closley for gyno since im not running an AI.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
**UPDATE** (09/06/2013)

I wont be on again till next week so I wanted to do a quick update. Things Ive noticed so far: slightly increased libido, consistant morning wood, voice sounds deeper, slight appitite increase, feeling a little more aggressive in the gym, no major strength gains yet tho. My next (3rd) pin will be tomorrow. Feeling good over-all. Watching closley for gyno since im not running an AI.

By weeks 3-4 you should be really feeling it

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
I don't know what you've been reading, but unless you're highly prone to gyno, you're worrying way to much about it.

I hear stress can cause gyno...

:D

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
**UPDATE** (09/06/2013)

Gyno is not the only thing to be concerned about when running a cycle. High estrogen can happen with no signs of gyno

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Im really hoping to make some big gains in my legs during this cycle. Ive considered doing legs twice per week after the deca kicks in. Im only squating around 300lbs, I can bench 305 no problem..so its pretty sad...lol I can get at least 10-15 reps with 225-250 range but when I go up to 275-315 range Im only getting 2-4 reps per set. Im increasing the weight of my squats and deadlifts fairly slow for now, and focusing more on form. I feel like Ill see some serious gains in the leg department soon.
I would suggest really working your posterior chain with leg curls (heavy and slow for sets of 4-6) good mornings and stiff legged deadlifts. Your squat numbers will come up as you're helping to stop that hamstring, glute and lower back from giving out which tends to happen before lifters adequately fatigue their quads. I'd suggest creeping the weight up in that 10-15 rep range. Most people get lower body growth happening in that range. Good luck and work that shit hard bro.
Grim

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Go to one inch.. that 1 1/2 is rediculous i think unless u got a hippo glute..imo ..pin a quad.dont wuss out.lol

sorry i was wrong my pins are 1inch, so far ive done all 3 pins in the glutes, this last one i did the test in one and deca in the other, pretty equal sorness on both sides, not bad overall

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Gyno is not the only thing to be concerned about when running a cycle. High estrogen can happen with no signs of gyno

right on, is there anything else I should watch for, other than gyno, that would indicate high esto levels?

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
I don't know what you've been reading, but unless you're highly prone to gyno, you're worrying way to much about it.

I hear stress can cause gyno...

:D

if i get gyno i doubt ill be thinking I worried to much, better safe than sorry, and i am on test cyp and deca for a first cycle so you never know, better safe than sorry, i have letro but not taking it right now

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Just wanted to put up some lifts from leg day. Maybe in a month or 2 Ill be able to come back and laugh at this weight!

Half mile warmup run
Warmup squats started at 135 worked up to 225 at 6 reps
squat work sets: (250x4) (275x4) (305x4) (315x2)
squat work sets: (250x10) for 3 sets
super set lunges and calves x 3 sets lunges with 100lbs

starting to love leg day

I have chest day today, ill post weight and chest lifts tomorrow

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Just wanted to put up some lifts from leg day. Maybe in a month or 2 Ill be able to come back and laugh at this weight!

Half mile warmup run
Warmup squats started at 135 worked up to 225 at 6 reps
squat work sets: (250x4) (275x4) (305x4) (315x2)
squat work sets: (250x10) for 3 sets
super set lunges and calves x 3 sets lunges with 100lbs

starting to love leg day

I have chest day today, ill post weight and chest lifts tomorrow

Are you lifting to be a bodybuilder or weightlifter?
Just remember, like Kai Greene and so many other guys remind us, as a bodybuilder, your goal is to contract a muscle against resistance to make it grow, not subject your joints to stress only with 4-5 reps. So over time those higher rep sets are done with heavier and heavier weight and you will grow. Lots of guys here use modest weights but get some nice hypertrophy going because they contract those muscles against those weights and that's what's important brother. Don't think I'm discouraging you from lifting heavy, we gotta do that, but don't stress too much on the weight lifted, but how it feels when you lift it. As Kai Greene would say, "Make sense?" :)
Keep us posted!
G.

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Are you lifting to be a bodybuilder or weightlifter?
Just remember, like Kai Greene and so many other guys remind us, as a bodybuilder, your goal is to contract a muscle against resistance to make it grow, not subject your joints to stress only with 4-5 reps. So over time those higher rep sets are done with heavier and heavier weight and you will grow. Lots of guys here use modest weights but get some nice hypertrophy going because they contract those muscles against those weights and that's what's important brother. Don't think I'm discouraging you from lifting heavy, we gotta do that, but don't stress too much on the weight lifted, but how it feels when you lift it. As Kai Greene would say, "Make sense?" :)
Keep us posted!
G.

Thanks, and I agree. Im def going to stick to the 10-12 rep range. I feel like Im getting a lot more out of the 10-12 rep range with <300 than the 2-4 rep range with >300. After a real heavy set for a few reps I feel like :rolleyes: damn that was heavy and it sucked! But after a 10-12 rep set I feel like :cool: damn that was beast!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks, and I agree. Im def going to stick to the 10-12 rep range. I feel like Im getting a lot more out of the 10-12 rep range with <300 than the 2-4 rep range with >300. After a real heavy set for a few reps I feel like :rolleyes: damn that was heavy and it sucked! But after a 10-12 rep set I feel like :cool: damn that was beast!
1000% correct brother!

You do those 10 rep weights one day as a 20, even 30 reps, and if you push yourself to get through it, no matter how many MINUTES it may take to finish, you'll be amazed at what you can do and how much punishment you can inflict on yourself AND how heavy that 225 feels for 25-30 reps. LOL
Legs (well quads) seem to respond much better to higher reps (especialy calves) whereas hammies in my experience, and with some clients I've had, respond better to heavy loads and slow eccentrics.
If you wonder about loading parameters for hamstrings, check out some sprinters' hamstring develepment. They're JACKED! And their work sets (sprints) are over a lot sooner than most lifters' sets for hamstrings are! You can't sprint for minutes at a time, the hamstrings are made to propel heavy weights (your body) for short bursts and their eccentric ability is amazing in slowing down the load for your quads (most ham pulls are done during quad exercises - as the hamstring tries to slow the weight and stretch), so I recommend heavy loads and slow eccentrics for hamstrings as your training both the predominant fiber type and its typical functional role as a support for the anterior chain of the quadriceps.

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
As per other gyno or estro question just look for signs of itchy or sensitive nipples ..Sounds like you got a great start so lift smart for lifting longevity..The high is awesome in the groove..
Nice schoolin by Grim as always..

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
right on, is there anything else I should watch for, other than gyno, that would indicate high esto levels?

Keep in mind at the point you start your hcg you will need an AI more than likely. Hcg has a tendency to cause heavy aromatization. That's why I like to run a lower dose during your cycle 200-250 iu 2 x EW with an AI alongside

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
**UPDATE** (09/11/2013) wt: 190lbs (heaviest Ive ever been)

Quick update. Had my 3rd pin a 3 days ago. Sorness is very minimal today, so thats getting better. I didnt get to do chest yesterday cause my workout partner's "back hurt". Maybe he wont try to hang with me on deadlift day next time...lol. Ill be hitting chest tonight for sure. Its week 3 and Im feeling some effects. So far: libido increase, voice sounds deeper, maybe a slight strength increase but nothing major, put on a few pounds, a couple people have mentioned they think im getting bigger, feeling a little bloated but not to bad, overall I feel good, oh and i had a crazy awsome leg day just 2 days ago and my legs feel like they recovered a little more quickly.

Just wanted to throw in a quick thank you to everyone on this board that has helped me out, you guys are awsome, thank you.

RIP 9/11 victims

edit: just wanted to throw in that i have had some muscle twiching going on, mostly in my right delt area but had some in my right calf too

Last edited:

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Looks like you are headed in the right direction. You think nutrition could be part of the bloat?

yea i realy think it is, im trying to cut back on sodium intake, what is it primarily that i need to stay away from? right now, at home i eat a lot of burger, steak, and chicken with plenty of veggies and some pasta here and there. I do eat 2 meals a day at work though and i think thats where im getting all the extra sodium. Im def going to pick it up in the nutrition department. I guess Ive just been focusing on "eating a lot" instead of "what im eating", mostly because its been so hard for me to gain weight in the past.