©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Rep Ranges

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
And just to be clear, I never said I was right, or that you were wrong. I simply said that I followed a DUP training split. And my philosophy isn’t mine per se. It’s one that has been advocated by scientists that are much smarter than I am, that’s why I follow it.

As I said before, training based on muscle fiber type is questionable at best. I’m not smashing that it has no validity, just that even the scientists that are doing those studies still have a lot of questions about whether or not there is any benefit to training that way.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I have swopped over to higher reps and I like it. I have noticed improvements in a few body parts. Most sets are 15+ reps. Sometimes I add in drop or rest paused sets as well.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I have swopped over to higher reps and I like it. I have noticed improvements in a few body parts. Most sets are 15+ reps. Sometimes I add in drop or rest paused sets as well.

Yeah, regardless of your rep scheme there’s still a lot of good scientific evidence for drop sets, rest pause sets, pyramid sets, etc. Anything that creates a new stimulus forces adaptation in the body and will result in gains.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
LOL this is just wave training like a Sheiko program or a conjugate system with chains and bands. Stop trying to make the wheel again the Russians already did it for us....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
LOL this is just wave training like a Sheiko program or a conjugate system with chains and bands. Stop trying to make the wheel again the Russians already did it for us....

Is that aimed at me?

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010

I have done the same mainly due to some injuries. But I am always rotating into low rep work as well.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
strife, I like that range as well. You can only train "any way" for so long and then you have to switch it up.

I have fallen back to the higher reps to take a brake from sore joints many times.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I have done the same mainly due to some injuries. But I am always rotating into low rep work as well.

strife, I like that range as well. You can only train "any way" for so long and then you have to switch it up.

I have fallen back to the higher reps to take a brake from sore joints many times.

I am the same and change things due to various reasons. When I am lower bodyfat I usually add in higher reps or supersets. Not stating that is the best way but just what I prefer to do. With supersets I still go heavy but I can crack up the intensity without going too heavy.

Martellrui

Mar 20, 2013
For me all the Rep ranges have their place I like to cycle them in the same workout or weekly I like to change often the stymulus

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I have a seen some good results from reducing the sets and hitting the muscle twice a week, with one of the workouts in the week being lower reps and 2nd workout being higher reps

Sully

Dec 3, 2012

I’ve never heard of conjugate training. I’ll have to hit up Google and do some reading.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I use to always think anything over 10 reps you are doing cardio.
Some muscles though I have found 'for me' respond better to lighter weight and just cramming all the blood in there you can. Biceps, calves, even traps Ill do 15-20 maybe even 25.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
John Meadows!!! He trains with Dave Tate! Tate is a westside barbell guy fyi!
Still no idea what the fuckl dog crap training is

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
25c7b0d2691c1b5e7cc54c25c578a65c.jpg
d8093ea7961d3c3652623d1780846911.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I have a seen some good results from reducing the sets and hitting the muscle twice a week, with one of the workouts in the week being lower reps and 2nd workout being higher reps

This is exactly what I have done. Higher frequency but lower volume per day. One day heavy using 6-12 and the other using 15-20 reps.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
At the moment 5-10 reps for me. It changes but never very high a part from calves and arms for me.