©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Body Opus Diet

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Brad, do you know about getting false reads on the strips from ingesting to much protein? Is this true?

AlwaysRaw

Feb 5, 2018
I guess everybody is different. I do Keto, I get stupid week. The glycogen in muscle goes away, so I look smaller. I can't get a pump bc of it. I hate life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Do you think the gear would help slow muscle loss? That's what I'm thinking.

Sully are you suggesting everything found in print isn't true and accurate? Your never going to get anywhere with crazy ideas like that!

I know. It’s not like someone would break the law and write something on the internet that wasn’t 100% true. I suck and I know it!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I guess everybody is different. I do Keto, I get stupid week. The glycogen in muscle goes away, so I look smaller. I can't get a pump bc of it. I hate life.

Some of that happens to everyone. It should only be temporary, though. Once the body starts oxidizing fat for energy instead of carbohydrates, and starts producing its own carbs (ketones) those problems usually go away. Yes, you will look a little flat and strength and energy can drop a little bit. That’s to be expected because you’ve depleted muscle glycogen. But, once your body activated the necessary metabolic pathways that should all correct itself and you should start feeling much better. I think a lot of guys get discouraged and give up after a week or 2 because of how they feel. It can take longer than that to truly get into ketosis.

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
if your going to go keto then the goal is to become fat adapted, where your muscle tissue and everything is using ketones for fuel, when this happens then the keto stix are useless as you will not be excreting much ketones as your body will be using them for fuel, when you first start ketogenic diet the the keto sticks will show ketones as your body will start producing ketones when glycogen stores are depleted but your body will not be effectively using them as you are not fat adapted and will be pissing out ketones and they will show on the sticks.

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
it takes a while (up to 6 months for some poor individuals) to become fat adapted but once you do, you will no longer have that flat muscle look and you will have plenty of strength, my strength actually increased.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I had no idea you've been down this road. Really good insight! I've been banging around reading up on this but in a few short sentences so much has been said.

How long did you stick with it? Why did you get off? Did it literally get you ripped free of all fat?

Last edited:

AlwaysRaw

Feb 5, 2018
Some of that happens to everyone. It should only be temporary, though. Once the body starts oxidizing fat for energy instead of carbohydrates, and starts producing its own carbs (ketones) those problems usually go away. Yes, you will look a little flat and strength and energy can drop a little bit. That’s to be expected because you’ve depleted muscle glycogen. But, once your body activated the necessary metabolic pathways that should all correct itself and you should start feeling much better. I think a lot of guys get discouraged and give up after a week or 2 because of how they feel. It can take longer than that to truly get into ketosis.
Well hell, I've done keto for jus over a month prior to a competition. I can honestly I was miserable every last second of it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm all in on Dan Duchaines Body Opus diet. For those unfamiliar it a keto diet for 5 days a week and a huge carb over load on the weekends. My thinking is I want to cut way back on this insulin so just pounding it on the weekends will leave me way ahead of the current consumption levels. As most of you know I'm gaining too fast for health porposes. may be this will slow the roll and I'll just feel better.

This is my question. How long does it take to fall into ketosis? All day Monday and taking insulin 5iu with each keto meal and the piss strips still say zero. The strips haven't even started to change color yet.

Anyone have experience with this?

CG I'm really looking forward to hearing about your first hand experience with this diet.

B-Boy thank you for the input! Your knowledge is ALWAYS appreciated.

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
I had no idea you've been down this road. Really good insight! I've been banging around reading up on this but in a few short sentences so much has been said.

How long did you stick with it? Why did you get off? Did it literally get you ripped free of all fat?
ive been pretty much keto for little over a year now, even when I added back in carbs at 150 a day not too long ago I was still show blood ketone levels in ketosis, I have become very fat adapted so I can get away with a lot more than most people attempting this diet, I have gone higher protein and still in ketosis and have gone medium/low carb and still been in ketosis, even when I have a nasty cheat meal once in a blue moon I go back into ketosis very very quickly. I was able to stay pretty lean all offseason doing this even when I had pushed my calories up to around 4000 cals I was still staying pretty lean.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Well hell, I've done keto for jus over a month prior to a competition. I can honestly I was miserable every last second of it.

Like B-boy said, it can take some guys as long as 6 months to become truly fat adapted. Sure, a month seems like a long time, but it’s fairly quick in the scheme of things. And if you haven’t become fat adapted in that month, it could definitely make you feel like crap the whole time. Maybe you’re just one of those unlucky guys that takes significantly longer than others to get to being fully fat adapted.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Woke up this morning literally covered in veins. Veins like I just finished a high rep training session. I'm still "HARD" on the keto diet. WTH is going on?

DNA

Apr 19, 2014
Hollywood, CA
Woke up this morning literally covered in veins. Veins like I just finished a high rep training session. I'm still "HARD" on the keto diet. WTH is going on?

Lol, your fat intake is probably high like it should be, and you probably have a good amount of sodium too. Fats can keep you full like carbs can. Sodium can also keep you hard and full. Keep fats high and don’t be scared of sodium! When I was keto, I used lots of mustard, hot sauce, and every zero carb condiment I could find.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
CG I'm really looking forward to hearing about your first hand experience with this diet.

B-Boy thank you for the input! Your knowledge is ALWAYS appreciated.

BIO, let me give you a day in the diet.

-5 whole eggs mixed with ripped pieces of ham and 4 slices of American cheese on top. I sprinkle bacon bits on top also.

- Stake, I cut it up and fry it with a medium sliced onion with a green leaf salad and zero carb dressing.

-stir fried chicken in coconut oil. I over fry it so it browns. I like it that way.

-fried shrimp in butter. Again browned because the little crusties add flavor to it.

- in between all these meals I'm snacking on cheese sticks I roll in ham slices. I found a pickle that's 1 carb for two pieces. For some reason it all tastes good together.
-I found cashews that are 7 carbs for a quarter cup that I'm snacking on just before bed. Don't knock it till ya try it.

Flavored water and sugar free gum in MASS amounts.

Now here it comes. Once I know I'm in keto I'm going to start Basel insulin and step it up along with the hgh to find a limit. I'm fascinated to see what insulin will do with such high concentrations of protein and with my body fighting it for the fat (I'm guessing) I think it could be "THE WAY" to bulk with zero to very little fat gains. We will see.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Hey all is going well in Opus land. But I still haven't taken a carb day yet. Guess what? I'm starting to feel good and have veins in my arms again.

him123

Mar 5, 2013
Good thread. Lets not forget carbs are a non essential nutrient. Protein and fats are all you need for muscle gain. Throw some fiber in there to move all that cheese around :D:D

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Hey Poo6369 & Him123, Good to see you guys posting! Your both long time members with almost no posts. :) Don't know if you've noticed but members like your self's have been coming out of the wood work lately. Thanks for sharing guys!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
LANTUS and KETO

Well I was wondering if I could do this because of the unique quality of Lantus basil insulin being so forgiving in regards to going hypo.

What am I talking about? Guess what guys, I'm running 50iu a day of Lantus while on a full blown keto diet with ZERO sides of any kind. I feel GREAT. When I started the keto I was flat and very tired. I was also losing weight I didn't need to be losing. Now the weight and strength is rolling back in. I'm doing nothing more than a very high protein version of a keto diet. I suspected that the onset of Lantus is so slow and gradual that it would give my body time to convert fats to carbs. I was correct. I'm just guessing, but I honestly can't come close to imagining a better way to fall into prep or bulk for that matter. As surprised as I was, not much surprises me any more.

So to recap this: I'm currently on a keto diet and enjoying the benefits of 50iu of Lantus insulin every morning. I'm also doing 3iu of hgh three times a day. And don't kid yourself, this will accelerate fat loss exponentially
I'll be posting pics this weekend in my log.