©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Question

jsr2188

Dec 5, 2005
about two months ago i stopped working out because i got real sick from coming off perscription medication cold turkey that i had been on for years. i couldn't really eat i had to force food down my throat and i still have a problem eating i only eat about 2 meals a day and they're real small because my appetite sucks. i lost 15 pounds and pretty much none of it was fat because i didn't have much fat to begin with. but i've been anxious to start working out again but i know i'm going to be depressed with my performance just last night i tried curling and i couldn't even do as many reps as i usually would be able to do with a much lighter weight. my question is, when i start working out again which will be this week, will i be able to get back to the same strength and weight relatively quickly? and my appetite is just rediculous i've been drinking boost, it's kind of like ensure, just because i can't eat much at all, will my appetite get better just from the working out? this sucks real bad i'm depressed and discouraged now. and by the way i'm not going to be on a cycle when i start working out again i should have posted this question in the natural weight lifting section, sorry.

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
First, it is a good think that you start it natural, second, the muscle memory will get you really quick to your old strenght, about the non apetite issue I am more concerned. You mentioned that in the past you lost your appetite, once you came off your medication. It is possible that you will be hungry again once you start working out, but there are chances for this not to happened. Imo.,if your appetite do not come back, do not force yourself to eat , but consume the food just when you feel like, see how your body react. If everything ok after few weeks, start increasing every week litle by litle more food. This way you will know better how much will be too much. Good luck!